Options

Off topic: Rinker owners who grill!

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    Dang, I shouldn't be hungry going to bed shortly!  Mmmmm!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    love this thread...great looking tenderloin @randy56
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greek Sous Vide chicken breast.
    SV the breast 2.5 hours at 140, removed for water bath and put them in a ice bath for 30 minutes. Finished cook on charcoal PK grill with pecan chips.. After I removed them from ice bath I injected them with a bird booster. Lit one chimney of charcoal, when it was ready in about 30 minutes. I dumped it on one end. Waited about 15 minutes for it to heat up. and laid on the Greek rubbed, injected, right over the heat. To provide sear marks. rotated 45 degrees after 1.5 minutes, then flipped after 3 minutes, added more Greek seasoning, because some fell off. 1.5 minutes rotate 45 degrees. Around the 7 minutes move them off direct heat to the other end. Warmed breast to 125 IT.  took about 18 minutes total. The thinner one was about 135. It was kind of dry but ok. should have pulled it off, Maybe a 5 out of 10. The thicker one juicy, great texture, at 125 was much better it was an 8 out of 10. Next time I'll pull them at 120 IT. 

Boat Name : 

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,570 mod
    edited December 2020
    This Just In.

Singapore Approves First Lab-Grilled Chicken

SINGAPORE—Hailing it as a major step in changing humanity’s prevailing forms of meat consumption, Singapore on Friday announced governmental approval of the first-ever lab-grilled chicken. 

“After years of research and testing, consumers will now be able purchase delicious lab-grilled meat,” said Singapore Food Agency spokesperson Kuan Sim, adding that the approval was the first step to replacing chicken grilled in restaurants and the home with lab-grilled chicken that was just as succulent and tasty as the real thing.

“We understand that it might take a while to get used to eating meat that was cooked over gas grills in one of our scientific research facilities, but we guarantee that you won’t even notice the difference."

"It took a team of researchers several years to perfect the chemical compound in the dry rub, and for a while there it seemed like all the lab-grilled chicken we produced had a dry and overly hard texture, but we worked out the kinks. It might even be healthier. This breakthrough could change barbecue as we know it.”

SFA officials added that they were also currently in the trial process of developing an alternative to meat entirely with a lab-grilled veggie burger.

--www.theonion.com
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to read that twice before I saw "the onion" ....very confused otherwise 😂
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Yes lab grown meat is real but lab grilled meat is a joke. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    I missed that part of the story.  :#

But I wouldn't doubt they are probably going to try for that also. They already sell veggie burgers with fake grill marks and flavoring. It's only a matter of time they try growing it.

Though I think I'd prefer Soylent Green.  :D
  • Options
    Taste like chicken
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until I have absolutely no choice, or unless I am unaware ... I swear I will never on my own choice eat lab grown meat. That's no joke

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MarkB said:
    Until I have absolutely no choice, or unless I am unaware ... I swear I will never on my own choice eat lab grown meat. That's no joke

Agree.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    shawnmjr said:

That’s how Covid got here. 
    ?? 
  • Options
    My Admiral had a brilliant idea last night.  We grilled 1.5" fillets with baked potatoes and corn on the cob, as we've done many times.  But she did a bit of improv at the table:

First off, understand that we like butter.  Like it a lot.  And corn on the cob needs to have butter, right?

She sliced the top of her baked potato and filled it with butter.  Then, in Her Infinite Wisdom, she used the potato as a butter trough to butter the corn.  Just rolled the corn cob in that butter-filled potato .. simple, but brilliant.  
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,836 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LaRea I hope you guys are using Kerrygold??

2008 330EC
  • Options
    No but maybe I should try it!  I used to get butter from an Amish butcher up in Maryland ... that stuff was amazing.  
  • Options
    Try it, let me know what you think.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    I use Kerrygold, it helped me win a steak contest. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Got me some Kerrygold.  That's good butter!
  • Options
    👍👍
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    This weekend I'm making the Admiral pancakes slathered in Kerrygold.  Here's my patented never-fail recipe -- never shared to The World until now.

Bruce's Sweet Potato Pancake Mix (just add water!)
    https://www.amazon.com/Bruces-Sweet-Potato-Pancake-Mix/dp/B000Y5JFYI 

Critical preparation steps for Proper Thermal Management:
    Pre-heat the plates in the microwave
    Pre-heat the syrup in the microwave

After flipping the cakes, while they are still on the griddle (again, Proper Thermal Management), use a stick of salted Kerrygold to coat the top of each pancake.  Don't skimp on the butter.  Nobody at the table should need butter.  

Serve with hot bacon and cold orange juice.  Cook extra pancakes ... people will ask for seconds.  If you have teenagers, expect thirds and more.  

You can use this method with any pancake recipe, but after the first time you try it with Bruce's Sweet Potato Pancakes, life will never be the same.  You're welcome.
  • Options

• Options
    Willhound said:

My gifts for my wife are wrapped incredibly beautiful... Because I leave them in the Amazon packaging and she wraps them 😃
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    This weekend I'm making the Admiral pancakes slathered in Kerrygold.  Here's my patented never-fail recipe -- never shared to The World until now.

Bruce's Sweet Potato Pancake Mix (just add water!)
    https://www.amazon.com/Bruces-Sweet-Potato-Pancake-Mix/dp/B000Y5JFYI 

Critical preparation steps for Proper Thermal Management:
    Pre-heat the plates in the microwave
    Pre-heat the syrup in the microwave

After flipping the cakes, while they are still on the griddle (again, Proper Thermal Management), use a stick of salted Kerrygold to coat the top of each pancake.  Don't skimp on the butter.  Nobody at the table should need butter.  

Serve with hot bacon and cold orange juice.  Cook extra pancakes ... people will ask for seconds.  If you have teenagers, expect thirds and more.  

You can use this method with any pancake recipe, but after the first time you try it with Bruce's Sweet Potato Pancakes, life will never be the same.  You're welcome.
    I am a grizzly pancakes man but I may have to try this. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    @Willhound that looks amazing!  

Tomorrow I'm making Grilled Marrow Bones with Rosemary-Lemon Bruschetta.  Getting ready to marinate the bones now, and dry-brine the steaks!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    @Willhound I'm driving up there now!!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Turned out well I think. Also did a reverse sear Prime Rib steak since it's on sale. Between the cheese and kielbasa I did today and this the Traeger has been running 7 hours today. About a 2 inch rib steak. At 225 for about an hour. Up to 120 and in a hot pan to sear. Was a nice colour but quite frankly a little more chewy than I would expect. Partly I think because of the cut, there was a horde of people around the bunker T the store so just trapped what we could, and also because I let it sit a tad too long to finish. Still very good....its freaking Prime Rib! And a good heavy red wine wirh it. Yes, that's butter in the pan, but no Kerrygold here unfortunately. 

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Willhound I love President butter. They carry it at Loblaw here in Toronto.
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    do ginger 🤔 bread houses count for grilling. Grand kids are on a sugar rush now they never go to eat dinner. 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Thatched roof second from right gets my vote.  Nice wall chart.