• Options
    captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 223 ✭✭
    Never seen boat houses like that
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aqua_Aura said:
    64 degrees! That's our summer time water temp. 
    That's Dec, Jan for us. Waters are probably 80's now?
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When we went by the beach on our way home Monday it was just under 70 outside and river temp is about 58. The beach was full of people swimming. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Rich_Rich_ Member Posts: 152 ✭✭

Rinker sold but still have other boats        Eastern LI, NY
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,628 mod
    edited May 30
    Effing midges [EDIT:  BUGS!  :D ] are out of control here!  This morning, the entire back half of the boat was like this.  I had to attack with a water hose to get rid of them.  For those of you who don't have midges where you live:  they are the size of a mosquito, but they don't bite.  When they swarm like this, they leave a nasty mess of dead bodies and black midge turds.  

Post edited by LaRea on
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never knew the name for them but in my mind I read midgets three times before finally realizing you were taking about bugs.  I was like, dude, I think they prefer the term little people and why are they taking dumps all over your boat. Reminded me of this story

1940,  for the opening of Pinocchio in New York it was decided to hire eleven midgets, dress them in Pinocchio costumes and have them gambol about on top of the theatre marquee on opening day. Food and light refreshments in the shape of a couple of quarts of liquor was passed up to the marquee top at lunch time, and by three o'clock in the afternoon a happy crowd in Times Square was treated to the spectacle of eleven stark naked midgets belching loudly and enjoying a crap game on the marquee. Police with ladders removed the players in pillow cases.

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    Effing midges [EDIT:  BUGS!  :D ] are out of control here!  This morning, the entire back half of the boat was like this.  I had to attack with a water hose to get rid of them.  For those of you who don't have midges where you live:  they are the size of a mosquito, but they don't bite.  When they swarm like this, they leave a nasty mess of dead bodies and black midge turds.  

Where you at?

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    That's our home marina on the upper Potomac River.  I've lived in the DC area for 48 years and never seen midges like that.  Yesterday they weren't quite so bad.  
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are usually pretty bad here in Central FL mid summer. The 4th of July at the lake front- when the show is over they desend like a blanket.
  • Options
    SimcoeRinker400SimcoeRinker400 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    LaRea said:

We have these in Ontario they just let up but the last 3 weekends they were around. No Lights on!!!  Now we are waiting for the Shad Flies (May Flies).....
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
    2023 Seadoo Spark Trixx x 2
  • Options
    290 miles to go. Going with a friend to bring his boat north for the summer. 

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Purse puppy 😀
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭

2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lake_Bum said:

Absolutely stunning.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    MarkB said:
    Lake_Bum said:

Absolutely stunning.
    Approaching 400+ lifetime trips on Lake Powell, and I still see it that way, every trip!  No better beauty anywhere. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    @Lake_Bum Lake Powell just came up on my TV screensaver.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    @aero3113 it's absolutely a photographer paradise.  I'm not saying I am by any means, but I do take over 100 pics every trip. Here's another of a nice Alcove overhang Cave. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Put the skis in the water today. This year I now own my spots on our jet ski dock at the club instead of borrowing the space. 

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 223 ✭✭
    Hopefully if all goes well ours will be in the water this weekend.
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • Options
    It is supposed to be in the 80s here for the next few days so I wanted to get them in and ready. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    All anchors should shine like that!
  • Options
    Agree @LaRea !⚓️
    2008 330EC