Options

Pic Of The Day

Comments

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @J3ff , your lucky you weren’t past that last marker yesterday........ Have fun!!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Oh I was out there yesterday... Yes in-between the storms!! Zipping back to the dock on a sinking jet ski!

Today was much nicer and stress free.
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the water temps down there right now @J3ff?

We got sleet and snow last night, some areas with up to 4 inches or so.  Then it hit the 50s today so it's gone. 

this is the little covid kitten all grown up. Little Rick now resembles the cat that came back from pet cemetery after being buried there.  I'm not a fan of cats as I usually view their worth only in dead mice but this little guy has decided he belongs to me.  
      Since this little guy showed up we've taken in 3 more stray kittens.  Im not sure if there are breeding wild adults i never see or they just got dropped off. We've spent way too much on spay/neuter bills since we started collecting covid kittens.  
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are not cat people either however we ended up with this guy needing a home. This is Jack and he lives in my shop 🐈. He killed many mice so now we have no issues with rodents 😁 This cat is like a dog and is super friendly.  

@PickleRick your cat looks like a wild animal, he could totally handle his liquor at the bar. 

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    What's the water temps down there right now @J3ff?

We got sleet and snow last night, some areas with up to 4 inches or so.  Then it hit the 50s today so it's gone. 

this is the little covid kitten all grown up. Little Rick now resembles the cat that came back from pet cemetery after being buried there.  I'm not a fan of cats as I usually view their worth only in dead mice but this little guy has decided he belongs to me.  
      Since this little guy showed up we've taken in 3 more stray kittens.  Im not sure if there are breeding wild adults i never see or they just got dropped off. We've spent way too much on spay/neuter bills since we started collecting covid kittens.  
    70 degrees water, 80 ish air. Beautiful and refreshing, have been in it every weekend, enjoying these cool temps. Summer was brutal, hopefully it cools down a little this summer!!
  • Options
    Aqua_Aura said:
    We are not cat people either however we ended up with this guy needing a home. This is Jack and he lives in my shop 🐈. He killed many mice so now we have no issues with rodents 😁 This cat is like a dog and is super friendly.  

@PickleRick your cat looks like a wild animal, he could totally handle his liquor at the bar. 

Those black and white cats have great personality.

I don't know how well the cat drinks but our pig put down 2 bottles of wine, a few shots of 150 rum, a bottle of kids Benadryl, half bottle of z quill and still wouldnt pass out so we could cut his tusks.  He got groggy, I was able to trim one hoof.  Any time I messed with his tusks he'd get up angrily and run off.
  • Options
    @PickleRick , is that a true story?? That’s hilarious!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    Aqua_Aura said:

Those black and white cats have great personality.

I don't know how well the cat drinks but our pig put down 2 bottles of wine, a few shots of 150 rum, a bottle of kids Benadryl, half bottle of z quill and still wouldnt pass out so we could cut his tusks.  He got groggy, I was able to trim one hoof.  Any time I messed with his tusks he'd get up angrily and run off.
    Geeez. You need to buy a snare. I had to go snare both of our gilts yesterday, one is 298 lbs, the other is 280 lbs, so we could give them haircuts. We leave tomorrow for San Antonio, the biggest gilt show in the country. If she places top 4, it’s a $10K scholarship. Then Thursday we load them up once the show in San Antonio is over and drive to San Angelo to show them. 
  • Options
    aero3113 said:

100% true.  We were trying to knock him out.  Will try a case of cheap beer and z quill next weekend. 

Hes friendly enough to feed, he used to like getting pet on. At one time he used to lay down to get a belly scratch.

One day I was squatting down to do some fence repair, he rolled on his side for a belly scratch.  He didn't notice he was on an incline so when he when he went down he started to roll all the way over.  He was squealing like i had tired to slaughter him. Since then he only lets you scratch on him while he's eating. 

I would just restrain him and do it but I'm afraid I'll give him a heart attack.  We live in a residential neighborhood so I'm trying to keep down the blood curdling scream of a terrified 250 plus pound pig.

We got a good sample of the screams that bring all the neighbors out about a year ago when he got a tusk caught in the hog wire fence.  Id like to avoid that again.  
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A day out on the hard water with a good friend. About 0 F with the wind. But warm enough in the hut to take the coats off. Fish didn't cooperate but the beer was cold. Sitting on about 8 inches of good ice over 90 feet of water.

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    That is another world altogether. But it is not hard to get the ber cold.

Here is my Supper bowl attire

Boat Name : 

• Options
    aero3113 said:

100% true.  We were trying to knock him out.  Will try a case of cheap beer and z quill next weekend. 

Hes friendly enough to feed, he used to like getting pet on. At one time he used to lay down to get a belly scratch.

One day I was squatting down to do some fence repair, he rolled on his side for a belly scratch.  He didn't notice he was on an incline so when he when he went down he started to roll all the way over.  He was squealing like i had tired to slaughter him. Since then he only lets you scratch on him while he's eating. 

I would just restrain him and do it but I'm afraid I'll give him a heart attack.  We live in a residential neighborhood so I'm trying to keep down the blood curdling scream of a terrified 250 plus pound pig.

We got a good sample of the screams that bring all the neighbors out about a year ago when he got a tusk caught in the hog wire fence.  Id like to avoid that again.  
    Oh they scream when you snare them, but they get over it. I just got home from snaring one and giving it a shot. Tricky maneuver by yourself. 
  • Options
    As much as I enjoyed the day outdoors and technically "on the water" I'd much rather be where @randy56 is!
  • Options
    Just got inline to unload pigs at San Antonio. They start unloading at 4:00am. Hope to be unloaded by noon. 
  • Options
  • Options
    edited February 2021

That is probably one of the cuddliest looking pigs I have seen. I better not let my wife see this or we'll end up with pet pigs. 

What's the logo on the hat? 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Funny @Aqua_Aura I sad the same to myself. Also wondered about the hat logo.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Aqua_Aura said:

That is probably one of the cuddliest looking pigs I have seen. I better not let my wife see this or we'll end up with pet pigs. 

What's the logo on the hat? 
    Pretty cute for over 300 lbs. lol

the logo is her horseback team logo. Equine empowerment show team. 
  • Options
    Here is the other one we have here. She’s the one with the best chances of finishing really well. Then next month, the other 3 show at our county show, Houston, and Austin  
  • Options
    I wonder if they use Ms Piggy as the gold standard 🤣
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

Big fun!

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    And it's only $77,000 these outboards are really pushing out some power but even the sub 400HP are so expensive. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    More horsepower = less reliable
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it's only $77,000
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Hard to tell, but is that a Sharrow prop on there? That would account for about $5000 of that price.
  • Options
    I don't think it is. I saw in the video it was a regular Merc prop. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twin prop and only lower unit turns top stays straight. It's a B3!!
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct