Options

Were talking canals here

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But for 300,000 you can get everything you want. That’s close to half the price of an average house here with no extras and no property. Don’t get me started on taxes 🙄.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aero3113 said:
    But for 300,000 you can get everything you want. That’s close to half the price of an average house here with no extras and no property. Don’t get me started on taxes 🙄.
    Well, look at all the services you get with the taxes
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a 12 percent hotel tax that also applies to rent houses.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    We are looking at canal houses in Marco, Naples, Sarasota, and up the coast as we are moving from Chicago to FLA permanently.  With kids age 10 and 13, it's impossible to be near the water without getting another bill for private schools, nevermind the insane cost of the property.  Any recommendations from the FLA locals would be great.  BTW, 1,000+ people a day are moving to Florida, which makes inventory very tight.
    https://www.winknews.com/2021/01/11/people-are-moving-to-southwest-florida-even-to-go-to-school-and-work-remotely/
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm making more in the keys than I was at home, but the problem is the keys are MORE expensive than home, so it pretty much ends up zeroing out any increase in income. And the dockage prices are insane. 650 a month for a 270... wtf. 
  • Options
    shawnmjr said:
    J3ff said:
    I'm making more in the keys than I was at home, but the problem is the keys are MORE expensive than home, so it pretty much ends up zeroing out any increase in income. And the dockage prices are insane. 650 a month for a 270... wtf. 
    So what does that come out to be if you just count the days it was at the dock and not the shop lol 
    It def comes out to be very very low utility and very very high cost! That's why it has to be gone..back to a small boat. Maybe if it was a 340 it could be a place to live, but just can't see living on the 270 unless I absolutely had to.. and as everyone told me, the I/O just isn't going to work year round in the salt. 
  • Options
    Went fishing today, caught about 20, my wife is having a good time. We were fishing up a canal, at Ponce. The last pic is of one of the house's on that canal this one has a observatory. 

Yes, he had a nice boat on a lift also, the name on the vessel was Not On Call. if that tells you anything.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    @randy56 you should not have posted that house pic with a Trump flag. You will be arrested now with no due process
  • Options
    Have seen a different kind of Trump flag down here since getting back to the keys.. pretty hilarious actually, but wont go there. 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So with taxes so high, what are the wages for a few different lines of work? Is there a similar tax scale as here or more of a flat tax rate?
  • Options
    So I can start up north doing AC work at 45 an hour. Down here its 25
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. A good HVAC guy here is about $110 an hour if private. An apprentice makes $25 an hour. Of course, Canuck bucks and then half goes to taxes. So about the same  :s
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Wow. A unionized construction labourer here makes more than that. Non union still North of $20. But again, heavy taxes.
  • Options
    Of course if you have your own business you can charge $110 an hour. Mobile RV techs charge 150 an hour. But if you are an employee it varies all over the map
  • Options
    I'd say in the midwest avg. hourly guy in HVAC is 20 to 25. service calls start at $69. Then they get out of the truck, Boom $100, Hook up gages, or diagnose problem $200.

Boat Name : 

• Options
    You have to pay for knowledge
  • Options
    Guess it depends on what the job pays?

At one of the properties I manage we just had to have the whole AC system replaced... this is the invoice... how does it compare ? 

Pretty sure the techs were well paid. 
  • Options
  • Options
    Not to far off, 16 seer, is good, you do pay a little extra for the brand. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    I paid 19G to replace 2 AC units, new electric panel, and replaced all the water lines in my house
  • Options
    Taking into account exchange that price would be very fair here.
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    Willhound said:
    Hate to tell you guys, but unless you're in the 45' and up category, inboards are dead. 
    Sorry to beat a dead horse here, but I love this Cruisers ad for their 42 outboard.  What they are trying to say is:  "See?!?  It's totally fine that our boat's most important social area is occupied by three huge, ugly mechanical contraptions.  These people don't mind it at all, and neither should you!"

"Plus, we make up for it by having a bump-out on the side.  Because we don't need to raft up with other boats, and neither should you."

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Female:Male ratio is very favourable - do outboards guarantee 2.5:1??
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's 100k in motors that will never make it 10 to 15 years like mercuiser and B3. The fad will pass and everyone will be looking for a Rinker.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    lol, the B3 would never make it 15 years!! 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    @J3ff you buy a B3 as a subscription price!  :) At least it's not the VP composite outdrive, where the recommended list of spare parts includes a second outdrive.  
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My point was that people seem ok to repower a boat with outboards as normal up keep. I think the prices are crazy. 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    Wow, @LaRea - it's scary how much we think alike!  That is my exact thoughts at boat shows with both the outboards and the flop out side contraptions.  Oh, I also think they are showing how shallow you can go with those drives up, which is one plus (although I can go that shallow as well).

@raybo3 may add "look at us, a beautiful day and all the glass and hardtop is blocking the nice breeze and sun, so let's go out back".  :smile:  (I tend to agree)

I do like the ratio in that picture though.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    edited January 2021
    @Dream_Inn that is the style that I totally dislike. I think that boat is as ugly as sin. Of course I would not be looking too much at the boat if I was there......lol
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    @YYZRC Has the correct outlook in this picture. What boat?
    Boat Name :