Options

Were talking canals here

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    Ssssssoooooo, what does one do with a 200-pound shark?  Is that catch and release?
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you rub his belly?
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    Did you need a bigger boat?
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    randy56 said:
    2/10/21 Went catching not fishing.  

@Willhound These guy's down here said fishing and ice cannot be used in the same sentence. 

What.....Not even in your drink??😉
    Awesome day for sure! Charter like that would be a grand a day. Is this the neighbour whose dog crapped in your yard?? Id say he made up for it. 
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    LaRea said:
    Ssssssoooooo, what does one do with a 200-pound shark?  Is that catch and release?

No, it's called good eating!  I hear baby shark (not that 200lbs is little)  is absolute best!  When we have our boat down in VA beach, we always keep the it right next to the fish cleaning station.  The one charter knows us well and we usually get a little of what they catch.  One year it was a mako shark.  That was some of the best eating, same day catch cooked.  Only issue is our boat is right next to the fuel dock as well, so we had to cook it on the stove instead of grill.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    You have to be very careful eating shark because they urinate thru their skin. I personally would not eat shark. 
  • Options
    Thanks @Dream_Inn.  Now I have that baby shark song stuck in my head.  Thanks a LOT.   :D
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catch and release, no one want 's this thing in the boat. we cut the line after pic's
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    randy56 said:
    Catch and release, no one want 's this thing in the boat. we cut the line after pic's
    There's the difference in chartering and going out on your neighbor's boat.  Don't take that the wrong way, it sounds like a great fantastic trip that I'd love to do.  I'm just stating that when you go on that charter, you'll bring home that shark and they'll take care of it all for you.  People catch and eat them all the time in the southern part of the Chesapeake. 

• Options
    I have a trip planed on a big charter boat on Feb. 21. Name of the boat is Bad Habit. Going again out 50 miles again. That's where it starts 100 ft deep. Target grouper. We put the boat in this afternoon for a short canal ride. Saw a nice Rinker. 

Boat Name : 

• Options
    That’s a Captiva
  • Options
    It's very rare to see a Rinker down here, I would say 1 in a 1000
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    randy56 said:
    So, a Rinker with a diesel in FL must be 1 in a million!  Wow, Handy sold a real Gem!! :smile:

• Options
    randy56 said:
    There were several by my house including a 342 with blue hulls 
  • Options
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a shark years ago surf fishing...I cut it up like steaks and grilled it. Man it was god awful and never tried that again. It was oily for lack of a better word. I'm sure it was the cook. The gulf is crazy shallow which means it can kick up pretty fast. I would not go out 50 miles in that boat, at least with my experience level. In sure your neighbor is knowledgable and this time of the year you dint have the storms that kick up out of no where. Looks like a great time!
  • Options
    Eaten lot's of shark....but not caught by me. All tasty. Species and prep are important. Has always been cut into steaks and grilled. However as an apex predator they do build up toxins and chemicals that filter into various levels of the food chain, so consumption should be limited.
  • Options
    RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Thats a fish native to the Amazon that someone let loose. Dumb. Just like the snakes. Dumb!!!
  • Options
    @Willhound I'll pass, If hooked, I'll cut the line. scary looking creature. Handy is probably correct. Someone dumped it out of their aquarium. 

We had the fresh grouper and pompano, for dinner. What a treat, froze the rest. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Wow! Love them both. Grouper so good. And Pompano so light and flaky, but needs to be cooked correctly or else gets mushy if over cooked.
  • Options
    We took a road trip wednesday, 3 hours to a state park, Homosassa state park. Avg temp was 80. Saw some Manatee's, golden eagle, bald eagle, black bear, 3000m lb hippo, and more. It's a nice park if you get down this way, 

The picture above and below they were swimming with manatee's

Snook

Boat Name : 

• Options
    Very nice. How long a drive?
  • Options
    Haha.  Those flamingos were all fake.  We have them up here too.
  • Options
    3 hour drive, When in high school, i know your not going to believe this, but as a prank we would spike someone's yard with those plastic flamingo's
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    randy56 said:
    Well mine and MiamiAG's are within 1 mile of each other in the keys! so that's saying something!!
  • Options
    RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    When I was young, my parents had a tradition of visiting Gatorland in Kissimmee. I continued the tradition with our kids. 
    https://www.gatorland.com

• Options
    Two back to back off shore fishing trip's. The first with my neighbor, we took the girls for a fishing day out. His wife, my wife and another neighbors wife, he had to work. i took the role of mate, bait hooks taking off fish, keeping line untangled. Don, captain the boat, and put us on fish. 50 mile's out, they caught about 10 grouper, 5 were keepers, about 25 keeper lane snappers. They are great for fish taco's. Long 12 hour day, but fun.

Bad Habit, was the name of the boat on the fishing charter. Out of Venice Fl. They allow 6, on board. Bring your own beer , food, snacks, highly recommended.  I was a fill in. 40 miles out, we caught about 20 grouper with 8 keeper's. I caught 4 of them. one was 30 inch. and about 15 lane snapper.  10 hour fishin trip. 16 hour day with travel time , long day but great. Life is short do what you like to do.

Glance back, woke up at 5 am Sunday with gulf of mexico trotts. In a funk, and in recovery. Make's you realize your not 25  anymore.

Pic' as follows. First my neighbors boat 24 ft cape horn, it's a beast. then chartered trip.

6:15 am getting ready. It is a 42 ft viking 17 ft wide twin 700 hp cats.

Boat Name : 

• Options
    Great day of fishing. 
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those look like some fun trips.  
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct