Options

Were talking canals here

Comments

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a boat Cherry, only 250 hours. Tore up my second  AL prop yesterday. New SS ordered. I'll be back in the water Tuesday. Damm skinny water. But caught some spotted trout.

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/boa/d/cape-coral-2008-rinker-350-ec/7239869514.html
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet looking boat. Wish they hadn't used wide angle on so many of the pics, was getting nauseous trying to look at them.
    Only issue with the SS prop on an outboard, if you do connect with something really solid it can cost you shafts and seals. Better for sand bars though, you can plant potatoes.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    #jealous have another and tell it I said hello.
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue sky, flat water and cold drink.
    Jealous 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Happy you "took one for the team". 😆
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Could they fit any more fruit on the side of the bucket?  

Cocktails and a bar looking over the water, doesn't get much better than that.

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PickleRick , that’s a 5 gallon bucket!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know..sharp boat but I so enjoy the platform and not seeing a motor- more "yacht like" of a look. I'm sure it's a great boat..when I win the billion dollar lottery, no telling what I'd be floating in- that could be the tender👍
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    Randy, is that guy in the background waving a flag?  I guess he is quite patriotic for inauguration day. :smile:

That bucket sure looks tasty!!  I'm on the wagon until March!  Then it's time to drop the boat in!!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Happy you "took one for the team". 
    Someone had to.

Randy, is that guy in the background waving a flag?
    Way to happy bartender!!!

Cocktails and a bar looking over the water, doesn't get much better than that.
    75 degrees helps. choke it down.

I can’t wait for summer.
    agreed winter seem s so long.

Boat Name : 

• Options
    finally received my new SS prop today. I can get off dryland tomorrow. Here are some random pic's

Boat Name : 

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful Florida
  • Options
    RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Florida in the winter is wonderful. Florida in the summer is like HeII. Only more humid.
  • Options
    I know many of you are planning your summer adventures. Share them, I've always enjoyed yours. Cableguy last summer. Rinker annual raft up, from Dream. and so on.

Yesterday was a 75 sunny Saturday. We launched with the idea of making it to the gulf. From the ramp, we ran 25 mph for 1 hour to get to Boca Pass. It was to rough, from other boats wake's to go any faster. The ride back to the ramp took 3 hours as boat traffic picked up. 50 ft to 60 ft cruisers, hundred's of CC boats, walk arounds, ect.

We made it but not without taking a beating. As my little boat is 10 ft to short.

Boat Name : 

• Options
    Did you fish out there?
  • Options
    Did not fish there. But there were 100 boats fishing behind these pic's. Also not showed. the pass I came through was rough, my little minnow was being tossed. we just cruse  through at 6 mph. Also I did not see any pulling one in. lots of 2 ft boat swales in different directions.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Went to therapy today, 80 degrees.

Boat Name : 

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi my name is Chris it has been 90 days since my last beach ⛱ visit.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    MiamiAGMiamiAG Member Posts: 210 ✭✭
    Beautiful! I realize most on this forum are up north. I feel for you. But this weekend was just about as perfect as you can get in South Florida. Low 80s, big blue skies and smooth bay. Perfect!

Of course, the Admiral had me doing a bunch of "winter" house chores and I couldn't get to my boat...
    2013 290 ec - Volvo Penta D4/DP
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    MiamiAG said:
    Beautiful! I realize most on this forum are up north. I feel for you. But this weekend was just about as perfect as you can get in South Florida. Low 80s, big blue skies and smooth bay. Perfect!

Of course, the Admiral had me doing a bunch of "winter" house chores and I couldn't get to my boat...
    Yikes!! That's not cool of her!!

Yes...not a bad weekend at all!

Ocean was flat calm, aside from the Miami moron (no offense dude but there was an I AM MDC sticker on the boat!) who came blasting through a dive site on plane, then drove right over the reef and then dropped his anchor on the reef while dropping a line in to fish! USCG was called instantly..FWC showed up and was not happy..

Anyway...

Post edited by J3ff on
  • Options
    @MiamiAG I think we have 3 or 4 from FL on here regularly . We had some others in the past. 
     If momma ain't happy.................
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    MiamiAGMiamiAG Member Posts: 210 ✭✭
    J3ff said:

Ocean was flat calm, aside from the Miami moron (no offense dude but there was an I AM MDC sticker on the boat!) who came blasting through a dive site on plane, then drove right over the reef and then dropped his anchor on the reef while dropping a line in to fish! USCG was called instantly..FWC showed up and was not happy..
    Sadly, there are too many idiots like that.
    2013 290 ec - Volvo Penta D4/DP
  • Options
    Keep the pics coming @randy56 . This would be the time of year we'd be getting ready for our annual 3 to 4 week trip south. Sadly, not this year. So your pics are as close as we're gonna get. In that first pic, I see two people in chairs right at the water's edge. Were they surf fishing?
  • Options
    No body was fishing that day just a bunch of snow birds, enjoying the beach. The parking lot was full. Seemed like there were licence plate's from every where. When I was putting the boat in at the ramp today, This guy just bought his boat yesterday. Proud guy chest all puffed out. Happy man.  I ask him about his draft, he can run in 1 ft of water. you see you cannot follow other boats down here. Said he paid 70 k for it. Has 250 hp. Look at how the back of the hull is designed for skinny water.

Caught this guy today

And a few of these

Boat Name : 

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good times. That crab was a keeper
  • Options
    Give a Rip

Before i get started on some fishin tips, Hate to tell, but we have had to run the AC the last two nite's. :)

Three month's before we made this trip. I watched every U tube video on fishin down here to be prepared. Purchased a bunch of lure's recommended. Realizing most of you guy's do not fish, and don't give a Rip. carry on.  I'm not a avid fisherman, or any kinda pro, just a guy that like's to be outside. And boating, so I get my fishing and boating fix at the same time.

Prepared to fill my live well, I was frustrated by one catching one fish in the first ten days. coming to the conclusion it must be location, and bait. There are so many bodies of water it is overwhelming.  Where do I go next. Which one of those crank baits, swim bait's, ect. what do i try next. 

If you ever decide to make your way down and want to catch fish hire a guide. save your self a couple boat buck's on tackle. And so much time. After hiring a couple guide's it was a game changer. What's learned in a couple 4 hour sessions, would have taken 6 months. 

It's not a bad day, to hire a guide, go on his boat. he will show the location, bait, tackle. And catch fish. he gives a rip. It's his livelihood. Want's you to have a good time. And come back. Or tell other's of the experience.

Boat Name : 

• Options
    edited January 2021
    For sure a good guide will save you time, money and hassle in the long run.
    @randy56 is that new stainless prop you bought bite proof??  :D
    https://www.fox5ny.com/news/great-white-shark-bites-boat-in-gulf-waters-off-tampa-bay?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark
  • Options
    I'll stay inshore, that would be very scary to me. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    2/10/21 Went catching not fishing. My neighbor down here has a nice boat and likes to go off shore. It was a perfect day light wind, high of 85. Went 50 miles off shore and caught about 50 fish. Left the dock at day light. putting pic's in order. Caught a few keeper goupers, ect. and the highlight was I caught my first shark. 7 ft long weight about 200 lbs. And it whipped my ****. Wore me out. I'm recovery today, I'm out of shape. Thinking my pole was going to break he did not want to come up.

@Willhound These guy's down here said fishing and ice cannot be used in the same sentence. 

Boat Name :