Options

Stock Market

Comments

• Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭
    I stake my stuff on an exchange, the crypto. com app.  It's pretty simple, you just have to buy a bit of their token, the CRO and lock it up for 6 months. You get their Crypto Visa card, which is ONLY a debit, not a credit card.  That opens up the "earn" program on the app.  All the different coins have various %'s that they pay. Unfortunately the rates have dropped with the crap economy.  I used to get 11% on a few, but only on DOT now. MATIC is currently paying 6%.  Bitcoin is 2%.  It varies by coin/token.  
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curious what the collapse of Silicon Valley Bank will bring….
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    aero3113 said:
    Curious what the collapse of Silicon Valley Bank will bring….
    Yeah, me too.  16th largest US bank just allowed to collapse.  Will there be more soon?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I'm going to say is that I messed around with the built in trading view simulator and made a TON of $$$. 

I said to myself "okay, last trade of the day" which was in BTC.. one single trade.. if this trading view system is anywhere near as fast as it is in the simulator.. this is going to be an amazing ride. 

• Options
    It just can't be this easy.. was asleep when this one closed. 

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Lake_Bum said:
    I stake my stuff on an exchange, the crypto. com app.  It's pretty simple, you just have to buy a bit of their token, the CRO and lock it up for 6 months. You get their Crypto Visa card, which is ONLY a debit, not a credit card.  That opens up the "earn" program on the app.  All the different coins have various %'s that they pay. Unfortunately the rates have dropped with the crap economy.  I used to get 11% on a few, but only on DOT now. MATIC is currently paying 6%.  Bitcoin is 2%.  It varies by coin/token.  
    Hmmm.. chart is almost saying it's time to buy matic.. maybe one more down and up.. green indicator needs to show up, green candle needs to close above the white line and the blue line at the bottom needs to cross the green line on an upward movement, all at the exact same time. Unfortunately that means price will have to come down a bit before that blue line can get down there, but hey.. if it's meant to happen it'll happen! (And when it does a notification will show up on my phone playing a CAH CHING sound  :D

I'm done playing with Crypto in Trading view. That was fun. Looking forward to this week and testing this indicator out on real stocks. If it goes as well as the last 18 hours did here, well... good times are ahead! 

• Options
    Hmm, seems the crypto bots didn't do so bad today.. set up a few this morning, just getting back from dinner. If this is what it says everyday from here on out, well..that'll be fun! 

• Options
    @J3ff if you're still curious on the staking I can private message you my referral link. We'll both get a free $25 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Lake_Bum said:
    @J3ff if you're still curious on the staking I can private message you my referral link. We'll both get a free $25 
    I am in on that, please send it over. 
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    Lake_Bum said:
    I tried to private message you, and it says profile is private lol.  Maybe message me? Or....? I could post my referral link here I guess?  
    But I was going to explain more on how it works
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Well I blew it today. Entered a short in ES just before 9:30 but forgot to set my trade copier so was only in in 1 account. Then the 9:30 open was coming so i moved my stop to breakeven (breaking my rules) and stopped out. Shortly after my target was hit so would have been +$750 in each account. Then just before 11:00AM i entered a long in ES but it was after a bigger move so my stop was pretty big so after I was up a decent amount I exited. Made $750 in each account. Shortly after my target was hit. Would have been +$1200 in each account if I had stuck to my rules again. So 2 alerts. Had I stuck to my rules in each alert I would have made $4000 ($2000 in each account). ugh. Can't be mad making $1500 but need to stick to my rules
  • Options
    Lake_Bum said:
    J3ff said:
    Lake_Bum said:
    I tried to private message you, and it says profile is private lol.  Maybe message me? Or....? I could post my referral link here I guess?  
    But I was going to explain more on how it works
    Thats weird, I dont remember setting anything up.. let me see what happens when I message you. 
  • Options
    boatman37 said:
    Well I blew it today. Entered a short in ES just before 9:30 but forgot to set my trade copier so was only in in 1 account. Then the 9:30 open was coming so i moved my stop to breakeven (breaking my rules) and stopped out. Shortly after my target was hit so would have been +$750 in each account. Then just before 11:00AM i entered a long in ES but it was after a bigger move so my stop was pretty big so after I was up a decent amount I exited. Made $750 in each account. Shortly after my target was hit. Would have been +$1200 in each account if I had stuck to my rules again. So 2 alerts. Had I stuck to my rules in each alert I would have made $4000 ($2000 in each account). ugh. Can't be mad making $1500 but need to stick to my rules
    man, If blowing it is 750 in each account, I'd be happy to blow it.

I setup some crypto trading bots yesterday/this morning. Looks like they took in some funds today... kind of nice to just not do anything and watch them generate $$$ guess we'll see what happens and if crypto crashes tomorrow lol..

yesterday:

today:

I will admit I have very little knowledge about what is exactly going on here. However, the account total is going up by that number, as you'd expect. 

180ish a day for 30 days.. sounds amazing to me.. keep it up bots!!
  • Options
    ps. in the market watch game.. hit a home run today.. there is something special about that indicator boat man and I have been talking about. 

Transactions from today and Friday..

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Lake_Bum said:
    @J3ff so you took money OUT of MATIC at these prices?   Whoa!   It's buying season, not selling hahahaha.  It's below $1.....that's not when ya sell lol. 
    I just bought more DOT.  I get 11% staking rewards on it, and it's a great buy right now too. 
    Green buy sign on BTC yesterday morning - back in!  
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTC is blowing the market out of the WATER!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hilarious thing is SEC is going after crypto big time, meanwhile the US banking system is collapsing ... 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options

That was a nice run up!! Lets hope the blue future predictor is right! (can't really trust it).. worked perfectly to try out the crypto bot thing I've been checking out.. it's a set and forget kind of trade...
  • Options
    MarkB said:
    The hilarious thing is SEC is going after crypto big time, meanwhile the US banking system is collapsing ... 
    Right??? Whenever a politician is on tv saying "EVERYTHING IS FINE" - it reminds of movies I've seen about 2008 with news clips.. 
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    boatman37 said:

I setup some crypto trading bots yesterday/this morning. Looks like they took in some funds today... kind of nice to just not do anything and watch them generate $$$ guess we'll see what happens and if crypto crashes tomorrow lol..

yesterday:

today:

I will admit I have very little knowledge about what is exactly going on here. However, the account total is going up by that number, as you'd expect. 

Not complaining about $750 in each account but did it again today. Made $350 in each account but could have been more. Had I entered all of my alerts yesterday and today I would be up $6600 this week already. I'm up $2000 so still good but could be much better
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    The way these bank stocks are jumping up one day, down the next, has me thinking.  Buy some Wells Fargo or Key Bank on a drop like today and sell tomorrow after things are figured out with Credit Suisse.
    I did pretty good a month ago selling AMAT near a recent top (the last at 124, but all shares avg at ~116). Now I waited my 30 days (cause I had some losses in that too - even though overall was a good gain).  I may have waited just a bit too long this week. I had a bid to buy back in the 111's, and it made it to the 112's.  It shot back in 120's yesterday.  I have my 111's buy still waiting, but put in a 115 just for today.  I have that FOMO on AMAT, which I know I should ignore.  It'll probably be back in my target with FED stuff next week.
    I've also been buying up more NIO at what I think is very low for some hopeful long term profits!  (I have way too many shares in this)  The company has invested a lot of R&D and with 5 new models coming out this year, I think next year will be huge for them.

• Options
    Today was a little tougher but I made it out green. My alerts were actually -$1125 but I closed my trades early cause I didn't trust it. Ended the day +$1633. So far for the week the alerts are +$5500. Unfortunately I didn't catch all of those moves so I'm not up that much.
    Last week the alerts were +$4500. I might make a youtube video showing what I use and what my settings are if anyone is interested. I did not create or develop this system. I only took 3 different 'indicators' that were already out there and put them all on one chart. I trade on the 1 minute chart but should work on other timeframes if anyone is interested
  • Options
    boatman37 said:
    J3ff said:
    boatman37 said:

yesterday:

today:

Not complaining about $750 in each account but did it again today. Made $350 in each account but could have been more. Had I entered all of my alerts yesterday and today I would be up $6600 this week already. I'm up $2000 so still good but could be much better
    What you're doing is so over my head. I'll just stick to knowing exactly which stock will jump at 7am  :D

Still only doing small trades.. might throw in 100 bucks tomorrow, will see what the chart says to do at 645!!  

I didn't actually look today till about 655... and it was clear as day which one was going to pump on pre-market open. +6% on my limit buy that I put in about 6:58, at about 7am and 5seconds.. could have had +10% in 7am and 15seconds..  I took profits once and then jumped back in with less of a buy in.. practicing not being greedy..

• Options
    boatman37 said:
    Today was a little tougher but I made it out green. My alerts were actually -$1125 but I closed my trades early cause I didn't trust it. Ended the day +$1633. So far for the week the alerts are +$5500. Unfortunately I didn't catch all of those moves so I'm not up that much.
    Last week the alerts were +$4500. I might make a youtube video showing what I use and what my settings are if anyone is interested. I did not create or develop this system. I only took 3 different 'indicators' that were already out there and put them all on one chart. I trade on the 1 minute chart but should work on other timeframes if anyone is interested
    Would love to see a video... if I could take home 1/10th of what you are doing I'd be super happy. 
  • Options
    Thinking GCT at 7am. Don't think anything can change overnight, but don't forget I don't really know what I'm doing here. 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really need to be learning this- where did you find the time to manage this? I am unemployed at the moment but with care for our granddaughter,  raising  4 and 6 year old, working on home projects and working on the boat I don't seem to have time to pay attention to anything!

Jeff- this site you had "played", is there info on there or are there other recommended sites that break it down for a simpleton like me? Obviously experience has a 99% play in this. I have all our investments through Morgan Stanley which is better than money just sitting in a bank account somewhere doing nothing . 
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    I really need to be learning this- where did you find the time to manage this? I am unemployed at the moment but with care for our granddaughter,  raising  4 and 6 year old, working on home projects and working on the boat I don't seem to have time to pay attention to anything!

Jeff- this site you had "played", is there info on there or are there other recommended sites that break it down for a simpleton like me? Obviously experience has a 99% play in this. I have all our investments through Morgan Stanley which is better than money just sitting in a bank account somewhere doing nothing . 
    Ras, your post says it all. Considering your current personal situation and relative inexperience with markets you are doing exactly what you need to be with Morgan Stanley who is a reputable firm and assuming your advisor has half a brain. Don't let all the razzle dazzle suck you in. 
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Here's a quick list of what to do. 

1. Do not use real money till you can make money in a simulator ( We could make a marketwatch.com game here for this group if you like, however it is slow and has some annoying things about it, if anyone else knows of something better like this, that would be fun).

2. Sign up for trading view, free. Change to dark mode first. 

3. Watch this and do what it says (you will only be able to add two indicators I think, try three but do not buy anything, add the Lorentzian classification and the EMA) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz5VEd9eJFU&t=1s

4. Read this https://www.tradingview.com/script/WhBzgfDu-Machine-Learning-Lorentzian-Classification/

5. Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdINVvnJfX4&t=7s

Let me know when you're ready to see it in action  :D
    Post edited by J3ff on
  • Options
    A simulator game would be a fun little contest!

• Options
    rasbury said:

Since you said you're currently out of work, this is about the worst time to get into a new investment strategy.  The first golden rule is, never invest what you CAN'T afford to lose.  And this isn't a dig on your financial situation by any means, we've all been there, I truly hope you find work soon!  But......emotions are a HUGE part of the learning process with Crypto.  Watching it jump up, and ramp down are emotional for anyone, but if it's a chunk of $ you can't afford to lose, imagine how stressful it would be to watch it. 
    2000 Captiva 232