Options

Super Cool New Mercury App.

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,570 mod
    Probably.  I think all Merc engines after 2003 are SmartCraft compatible, and even a handful of 2002 models. 
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.  Mine's a 2002 and SmartCraft compatible.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I don't need a free version of it, let me pay for it!! sounds cool :)  

• Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Jeez I don't check the forum for 24 hours and look what I miss. I emailed Walter so hopefully he has an 11th to beta. I'll put that thing to good use. I look forward to everyone's feedback on the functionality once you get them installed. 
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    J3ff said:
    Will this do anything for a 2004 270? 
    I dont see why not......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    elarson5757elarson5757 Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
    I exchanged info with him as well and will have a unit on the way for my 07' 246 with the 350Mag. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    Figures that this would happen while I'm away on an extended boat vacation!  Geez!  I don't need the item, but my guru dock buddy (who also has a Rinker 400) would test thing out extensively!  I'll have to tell him to get on here.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Need to always be lurking on here. Lol

I got an email from UPS. Mine arrives tomorrow!

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    onislandtimeonislandtime Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    Not seeing the app for android. Is this available now?
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not seeing the app for android. Is this available now?
    No, it's not available yet. It is in beta testing.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    @Cableguy Greg when did you get UPS email?  Waiting on mine
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    @Cableguy Greg when did you get UPS email?  Waiting on mine
    I haven't gotten my email yet either. @Black_Diamond must have been the #1 guy.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    onislandtimeonislandtime Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    How do you get the beta?
  • Options
    Read the thread.  Lol
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    NygrooveNygroove Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Mine shipped will have Wed.
  • Options
    For those with dual engines lmk how setup goes. I'm thinking some harnesses will be needed to link the engines. I have to figure out what cables are needed as I'm in the next beta round. I have all the part numbers I would need for vesselview cabling. I'm guessing I only need the cabling up to the j boxes.
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭✭
    Nygroove said:
    Ain't gonna lie, mildly annoyed someone with zero posts got in before me, or anyone else that has contributed. Maybe just sour grapes I guess. For you guys that did get the beta unit please report back with how it's going and use your boat!! ☺
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭✭
    For those with dual engines lmk how setup goes. I'm thinking some harnesses will be needed to link the engines. I have to figure out what cables are needed as I'm in the next beta round. I have all the part numbers I would need for vesselview cabling. I'm guessing I only need the cabling up to the j boxes.
    I don't see why the engines would need to be linked, they both would have seperate Bluetooth adapters and the app would combine them into one view 
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    If the boat has DTS (digital throttle and shift), it already has a junction box that links the engines to each other.  I don't think you could link the phone with two BT adapters at the same time, so you'd need a junction box.

And hey, let's keep in mind:  this is beta testing.  The product is gonna have some rough edges, unfinished features and "room for improvement."  
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    JoeStang said:
    Nygroove said:
    Ain't gonna lie, mildly annoyed someone with zero posts got in before me, or anyone else that has contributed. Maybe just sour grapes I guess. For you guys that did get the beta unit please report back with how it's going and use your boat!! ☺
    @JoeStang I get your point but keep in mind this program is not sponsored by the forum or Rinker. IMO you should still try to get in contact with "Wally" from merc and maybe get on a waiting list. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    For the engines without DTS I would assume you would need to run them to a junction box first and then the bluetooth module from there. Who knows, I am sure we will be getting the low down soon enough. 
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    Yep no DTS on my 2005 496's.  So i'll need to put a Jbox in.  Something i was meaning to do anyway.
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It lives!

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    ****!  Nice.  I gave wally my address on Friday after confirming my engine SN...haven't heard anything back yet....but I'm assuming it will ship this week sometime.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
  • Options
    I was told that mine would ship soon... Nothing yet... Hopefully it will be here this week.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Mike_GMike_G Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    I was told that mine would ship soon... Nothing yet... Hopefully it will be here this week.
    Me too.  I emailed Wally since I haven't seen a UPS email and he said if I don't get a delivery by Thursday to let him know.

As for those that have received it... WHY IS IT NOT INSTALLED AND WORKING YET?? ;)  -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options
    Mine just arrived.  The package includes the access code needed to request the software.  They say it takes 1-2 business days to get the approval. 
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I emailed Wally yesterday for a tracking number. He said if we don't receive them by Thursday then to reach out to him for further help. I am pumped to get this installed. Even though I just install a new Merc Monitor with Link gauges, It'll be nice to see it on a iPad screen. I will probably need to add a J box in order to use the bluetooth module and my system gauges at the same time but I will find that out soon!
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    Thursday would be great!!! I could get the unit installed for the weekend. I am looking forward to using it.
    Go Steelers!!!