Options

Super Cool New Mercury App.

Comments

• Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Just received mine LOL spoke too soon. Excited to get this thing in and see how the interface is! 
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    You all are killing me! Stil waiting 
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,570 mod
    Installation was a breeze -- literally ten minutes.  Remove the helm panel that holds the chartplotter, remove a cap from a spare SmartCraft port on the junction box, plug in the device, secure it to a cable using a cable tie, replace helm panel.

As soon as Merc sends the approval to download the software, I'll be ready to start geeking out.  

They say 80% of the users only use 20% of the features ... I'm in the 20% that use 80% of the features.  
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    Mine is coming tomorrow........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    onislandtimeonislandtime Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    jme097, why do you think you will have to add a J box? Does this module plug into the engine or in the Jbox?
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    @LaRea - I read the instructions and it said best to install next to the helm.  On my 270 do you think there is a smartcraft plug behind the dash?  I guess I just imagined this module being installed somewhere in the engine bay.

I don't have any smart craft electronics on the helm currently.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    Skennelly, you'll have to install in engine bay.  When I wired my 2002 310 up with Smartcraft, I had to run it up from the engine room.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Dream_Inn, what components did you have to get to be compatible?
  • Options
    @Dream_Inn - Okay I figured so.  Thanks for clarifying
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Even though I run a single 6.2, I already have a Merc Monitor with SC100 link gauges installed. Since those plug directly into the drop of the main engine harness, I will need to have a J Box to allow for the bluetooth module (if I want to be able to run the BesselView Mobile and my smartcraft gauges at the same time) @onislandtime

• Options
    @skennelly you can order the an extension offline that plugs into the drop on the engine and run it up to the helm. They're about $75 bucks for a 25 footer. If you want the part number, let me know!
  • Options
    Okay guys, for twin engines what do we need to be able to connect/plug the vesselview mobile component if the boat is not wired but smartcraft ready?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @onislandtime for twins you're going to need to run two extension from the engines to a J box. Then another extension from the J box to helm which will plug into the bluetooth module itself. There should be smartcraft drops on the back of each engine that go to the ECM 555. They're usually capped with a yellow cap. 

Opps just read your comment again. What year is your boat @onislandtime ?
  • Options
  • Options
    @jme097 any chance you have the part numbers for this? I'm not a mechanic but if its just plug and play and running wires, I'm sure I am able
  • Options
    @onislandtime definitely all plug and play. There is minimal set up required but thats what the manual is for. You also can bring your fuel level and burn rate into the smartcraft but you need to purchase the harness for it. Its fairly cheap. The part number for the extension (20 footer) is 879982T20. You just change the last 2 numbers for the length. Can get them on eBay
  • Options
    Mike_GMike_G Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    Do the instructions show what is needed (part numbers) to add the other options like fuel burn rate and fuel level?  I've never deal with Smartcraft stuff before.  -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options
    @Mike_G if the engines are "smart"craft they know what information the engine can send. This all depends on the year of the engine. The earlier engines (02 to 04) were limited on the technology at the time. The newer engines send alot of information.
  • Options
    OK.. thanks.  I have a 2014 350 MAG so I should be able to see that stuff then.  It will be nice to actually know what "best cruise speed/gph" is for my boat.  -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just need to get jbox and two CAN network cables with resistor. I think. lol

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    I just received an email allowing me to download the mobile app....however I had signed up for the Android version and the email is for the iOS :(.  Emailed Wally...hopefully he can fix it up.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got mine today!!! Woo Hoo!!!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    How long after Wally asked for your address did you guys received your unit?

Does anyone know yet if one module takes care of twin engines?
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm stoked!! I was told I would be on the second run, but I got my unit today
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The module should take twins. See above about the jbox

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    I am headed to the boat to do my install.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Got the module installed. Took 10 minutes. It was harder routing the harness to the smart craft connection than anything else. I used the wire tie slots to mount it rather than drilling a hole.

Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Woot!  I'm going to try to mount it like yours, but we might have to move it up to the helm for good bluetooth signal.  All part of the testing process (excited).  Oh.. and btw...

-=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options
    elarson5757elarson5757 Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
    Got the module installed. Took 10 minutes. It was harder routing the harness to the smart craft connection than anything else. I used the wire tie slots to mount it rather than drilling a hole.

First I have to find the connector on my motor and then pray the Bluetooth reaches well. 

Two connectors on the module.  I assume one goes to the engine Smartcraft plug and the other is if there is something else like a smart gauge that is already plugged into the connection?

2007 350 mag..anyone know where the connector may be and what to look for?
  • Options
    The connector on my 6.2MAG was towards the rear of the engine next to the distributor cap. It will be purple in color and have a yellowish plug labeled terminator. It will be the only one that will fit what you have.
    Go Steelers!!!