Options

What did you do to your boat today

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaverin1 said:
    They smell lol
    But that is a beautiful smell. I love the smell of diesel fuel and roof tar.  Just sayin lol
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    The new dinghy davits (www.dinghyramp.com) get their first workout this weekend.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be heading out soon to start the weekend. Its gonna be amazing  B)

2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    Yeah it has. I determined a week ago I'm going out regardless, and just hope for the best. 

Right now I'm on island time, enjoying a John Daly barfront.  B)

• Options
    Haha I'm a drafted man now, but the talent pool here is always 1st rounders. Doesn't hurt to have water transportation. Lol

I literally drive my boat 1/2 mile here, and I can walk back to the marina in a pinch.  :)

• Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Geeze you guys, it was 38 degrees here when I left for work this morning! Could be worse..Newfoundland had 15 inches of snow yesterday. 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Supposed to be 80* and sunny all weekend in Pittsburgh. Loving the boat life! 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    NY weather not so great rain Sunday and Monday 
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    Made a new garbage lid and side table for my bbq today...
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great @diggin2day1 !!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Love the bar in gravel road cop it’s on my to do list wher did you get the baskets and diginn I need one of those side tables 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,557 mod
    You are an inspiration for why boaters should support small businesses.
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pimped my ride. Miami style. :p

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tv,toaster oven,mount GPS,diggins lights tomarrow I'll do the speakers have to to the beach
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Oh the beach
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure does not look like that in fl.....
  • Options
    04FV270riverrat04FV270riverrat Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭
    I swapped out my amp, added a new 10” sub and 6 1/2” speakers. Also added a conveniently located dual USB charger with voltmeter for my house battery.
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    i like the gray=mb quarts= how they sounding
  • Options
    04FV270riverrat04FV270riverrat Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭
    trip_n said:
    i like the gray=mb quarts= how they sounding
    It actually sounds good. My amp pushes 75w to each speaker and 350 to the sub. I’m pleased with it.
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    PolyGlow last week and new bottom paint today....going in the water on Wednesday
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    I replaced the "duck-bill" on the head.  Not posting pictures, sorry.  The tricky part is the one screw below the discharge hose.  I used a 1/4 inch ratchet/wrench holding a philips bit (I'm sure there is a tool that does this) to get that one out and back in.

• Options
    @diggin2day1 when do the grill tables go on sale???

• Options
    bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    I finished  Installing my new helm sections, the old plastic "wooden" ones in my opinion looked cheap, when tightened down it would distort and make the panel's look wavy, I had no wood in the cockpit to match the brown plastic so I went with a glossy silver graphite,  these panels are almost a 1/4 thick and do not flex when snugged down.  After a few alterations Sam at tecnographic was awesome to work with  954-928-1714.
    @Michael T  what's your opinion on your old beauty's new helm facelift? 

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Bryan - it looks SPECTACULAR..... way better than OEM. Would be a great optional-up-grade. You should save the templates - I bet you'll hear from other 360/370 owners! BTW love the gray with black pinstriping cockpit flooring!

BTW2 the Raymarine dual touchscreen/rotary knob controlled GPS was not an option when I purchased the boat. Randy Rinker agreed to have it installed (the oem unit was a dinky little thing) so Rinker bought one and put it in (I paid, of course LOL). Still I really liked that Raymarine unit!

BTW3 Again big shout-out to Randy as the best option ever (IMO) was installing the Axius control up on the helm so I could stand and look around as I used it. IMO putting it on the arm rest was not smart. On my 2013 EC 310 the Axius was in the right (IMO) place - up on the helm! 99% of the Axius systems i have seen mounted since 2014 have been up on the helm......Bryan I was going to have a second "stick" mounted either at the rear of the refreshment counter or the starboard gunwale. Could that be a future project for you???????  Bryan, I love watching you spend money!!!!!

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bry1429 , That looks awesome. I have thought about upgrading my dash, but having to install a tankless water heater at my house to replace the 6 year old water heater that decided to fail at 11PM on fathers day has put a hold on all of my projects. Ugh.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Very nice upgrade love the black and silver contrast. Now I have to paint my hole helm station black,get seadeck,get a new steering wheel and axis. Man the list the list. Lol 
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .....@reneechris14 - and you thought there wasn't a cost to reading the posts on this forum :-)
  • Options
    I installed 200 feet of anchor chain.  It was easier than I thought to attach the end inside the anchor locker.   I had a good sized stainless snap-link handy.  I put a shackle on the end of the chain, and the snap-link through it.  Good thing I have long arms.  The plate with a hole in it (what is that called?) was at about the end of my reach.  Can't wait to see what effect it has with getting on plane.