Options

What did you do to your boat today

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoW @Stodge , how heavy is the 200 feet of chain you installed?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I think the shipping weight was about 140lbs.  That's about the weight of the dinghy + motor which is mounted on the end of the platform now.  My hope is to off-set the weight addition to stern.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    cdub88cdub88 Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    I replaced the factory 5 1/4” speakers with a 6.5” pair, and added a set of 8” ones as well.

The boat came with an early 90’s era Rockford Fosgate Punch amp and an Alpine amp from 1989 that ran super hot.
    I replaced those with some class D amps which are much more efficient.
    Easily my most-favorite addition is the “remote bass control” knob which sits just left of the horn.

I’m not in love with the white speaker grills, since the boat is off-white. If I could do it again, I’d probably opt for the black grills.
    1996 Captiva 232
  • Options
    04FV270riverrat04FV270riverrat Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭
    I changed out my plugs...had what looked to be original Delco plugs in it, only has 215 hours, but I’ve had it for a year and want to know when they were last changed
  • Options
    walleyrwalleyr Member Posts: 34
    Nothing major. I just cleaned the carpet.
  • Options
    howardramshowardrams Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    Built a shelf for my TV DVD player since I didn't have the factory installed one.
  • Options
    pistolepistole Member Posts: 158 ✭✭
    Dead rat on board
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    Winterized everything 
  • Options
    I drilled a 3/4" hole in the transom....to run wires for lights and transducer cable. 
  • Options
    kordokordo Member Posts: 230 ✭✭
    How thick is your transom and what model do you have?  What is the core material?  Thanks.
  • Options
    kordo said:
    How thick is your transom and what model do you have?  What is the core material?  Thanks.
    I have a 270, it looks to be about 3 1/2” or so think, maybe a little more
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the core is wood....
  • Options
    I added the 4” aluminum riser to my captains seat....soooo much better! Getting to the bolts sucked but it’s over now! also changing oil and getting her cleaned up for splash in a week or so.
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I launched it :)
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    Replaced the screens in my six portside windows.  It took a bit of work to split the frames and peel off the old screen.  Then I just used a hot glue gun to glue them back together with new screen, and trimmed off the excess with a razor.  Looks way better than the faded, torn screens I took out.  Total cost, $12 and about two hours of labor.

I tried a plastic glue first, but it was basically like superglue ... won't set up unless both surfaces are flat.  The hot glue gun worked great.  We'll see how long it lasts.  

• Options
    Unfortunately hot glue will probably fail after some time in the heat.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    making sure the sun pad is working while anchored on table rock.
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    new pumps on wire wheeled all pulleys painted and new belts.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outdrives back on with new zincs and shiny props. Ill tape off stuff and paint drives next week.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried to install my power steering pump...then the wife mentions the shower is tripping which in marriage code means quit screwing with your play toy and fix the drip...6 hours later and a hole in the wall im waiting for the guy to come back because a fitting is dripping......
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll have to take pictures, but I had a local plastic shop make replacement windows for the 3 non-opening windows in the cabin.  The originals were clouded badly, and one had cracks from top to bottom.  The replacements were about $45 each.  I sealed them with butyl tape as someone on here suggested some time ago.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    Wow, do share details.  That's a great price to replace a window.  
  • Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    I replaced the five God-awful ugly white plastic cup holders with stainless.
    Andy
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Man i havent posted in this thread in awhile! I made my monthly payment today, and winter & summer storage is due this month.....LOL :s:s:'(
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I removed my aft cabin and kitchenette port lights to reseal them. I got them out, but now I need to seal and replace them. I had a leak in the aft cabin and I suspect it was coming from the gap at the bottom of the port light where the caulk had fallen out. That particular window is the most vertical of the 5 that I have on my boat and the water could just roll in. Fortunately it has been rather dry since I removed my winter cover.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    JonnyMJonnyM Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    Looked in my boat yesterday.  I realized I should have cleaned it more before I put it away  :(
    "Mosi on Dahn"  2003 Fiesta Vee 270
  • Options
    @JoeStang - feel your pain.  I locked in winter storage the day I requested the boat be pulled out.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I refilled the drive with new gear lube. It rained, so I was unable to reseal the windows. That's tomorrows project. Since our local West Marine closed, I had to go to two different marinas to get some 3M4000. The first place didn't have it and won't stock it because of the "short shelf life", which I found to be amusing. The next place had it, but at an inflated price. The nice thing is their ship store is stocked!! I guess that will be my go to place when I don't have time to order from Amazon or Wholesale Marine.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Lowe’s has a marine sealant also. Like $26 bucks for a tube