Options

What did you do to your boat today

Comments

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWC is a really big deal to me...had to be on the boat I bought.....is it a half system or 100%? I think we have had this conversation before!
  • Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a full system.. all part intended for it are present, I just don't like the feeds to the riser and want to put a 45* poly fitting in them just off the manifold to make certain the hose can't collapse.  

Yeah, the fwc is going to be a big deal to me, too.  The exchange is copper, and risers are cheap... it's a great piece of mind. 
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭✭
    Stodge said:
    JoeStang said:
    Stodge said:
    Same here, I haunt the forum in the off season.  Just don't have good stories to share.
    Gotta get some snow toys to pass these cold months!
    Not really. We have Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then we go on a cruise in February, then the Detroit Boat Show, then it's March and time to start boat prep.  No time for snow toys.

When I get hammered down with a gf/wife and kids I'll be in the same boat as you. Until then, its snowmobile season. Ordering parts right now. :smile:
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    For me it's wife and dog.  Kids are grown and out of state.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Well, it should be me and wife, still raising one granddaughter...she is just 11, I'm 59....
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My hat's off to Ras and Glass for picking up the challenge, in the long run it probably, is very rewarding.  
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod

I could only wish my kids grandfather (my Dad) would see his grandkids more often.  He's been retired for almost 20 years living in FL and has come up I believe 3 times.  We've been down 4 or 5 times.  Not a whole lot of getting to know their grandparents.  I don't make a point out of it like my sister does, I just try to enjoy the time my kids and myself do get with him and his wife.

Ras & Glass, those grandkids will always remember and cherish the times with you!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    i would like grandparents like on tv and commercials.= i know=i know.
    i grew up going to sunday dinners at grannys...visiting my grandpa in the country
    o boy get me started==now no 1 says grand pa or grand ma= some cute fancy word ... so you don't sound old...ok ok im done..
    i have grand dogs and they come spend the weekend every month or so....yep and grandpa spoils em and they love the boat and the lake
    you do what you need to do and whats right.......keep up the good work
  • Options
    It's nice to hear of some great positive influences on here. I miss my grandpa a ton, he was a huge influence in my life. 

So I actually did something for my boat, even tho it's 30* up here. Soaked, washed, and conditioned my dock lines in fabric softener. This really keeps them soft and pliable, and for a couple months really keeps the spiders off the boat too. 

• Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    I need to order 4 new dock lines this off season myself

• Options

Joe, that is a great thing to do!  I need to do it with a few of my lines.  I do soak the anchor rode in a 5 gallon bucket each spring with downy.  After about 24 hours, I then wash it off with a hose on the dock.  I guess I could just soak the lines in there the next day. :)

• Options
    Yeah it definitely helps keep them from getting stiff and difficult to tie up. I don't usually bother with the anchor line because I use maybe 25' at most wherever I anchor, so it stays decent and clean. I do want to get a nicer braided anchor line so it's easier on the hands pulling it in. 
  • Options
    @joestang.....that's a lot of rope for 1 boat
                                                                     or for catching young fillies 
  • Options
    trip_n said:
    @joestang.....that's a lot of rope for 1 boat
                                                                     or for catching young fillies 
    Ahaha you guys got the wrong impression of me....

• Options
    shhhhhark...........where joe where
  • Options
    trip_n said:

ok, I actually laughed pretty loud at that one!!

Great picture!

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,855 ✭✭✭✭✭
    trip_n said:
    LoL!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Dream_Inn said:
    trip_n said:

ok, I actually laughed pretty loud at that one!!

Great picture!

Yeah, one of those crazy fresh water sharks! They actually sat like that for like an hour on the way back from Put in Bay. Me and my buddy (his wife is on the left) did not mind one bit. :smiley:
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put my Fisher cover on my boat today with the help of @jpsayers and @tniggel.

I keep stopping and checking out the photo above on this page. LOL
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    You mean the dock lines?!!
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭✭
    shawnmjr said:
    My garage looks just like that lol. I soaked mine for 3 weeks in a tote
    End of season all lines and fender ropes get washed in the machine with fabric softener and hung in the basement in my furnace closest (it's finished down there) so they are nice and clean and soft for spring.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Today I went down and grabbed the 2 Kidde units to check for recall and got most of one drive brushed off ready to paint in the spring. I can access her in the storage bunker until the first real snow comes and then she's locked up. Until then a few hours at a time doing bits and pieces.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,855 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I have all of my dock lines soaking in my slop sink with some detergent in it in the basement. I've never done this before, I'm curious to see how they will feel once rinsed and dried.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Once done, rinse well then let soak in some fabric softener for a while. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Splashed Friday. First full day off and I had a date with a carpet steam machine. Looks and smells a lot better in here .
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    @rasbury, My admiral & I were very content empty nesters, then our granddaughter came to live us three years ago. I am 63! She will turn 19 in December and plans to transfer to Iowa State to pursue a Veterinary degree. She's a great kid and I am so upset her father (my son) and the girl's stepmother(EVIL) failed to see the potential in her and threw her out at 15 years old! 
    I'd have to kick my son square in the a$$.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    lucky she had you and  a place to go ,maybe if she was still home she wouldn't have a chance to pursue a Vet degree 
  • Options
    So many are doing the same....im turning 60, little one turning 12 and I worry I will be able to help her move into adult life.....