Options

What did you do to your boat today

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    Ida know, from the side maybe it has a slimming effect ... like a go-fast boat.  
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    I took my nice new AGM’s down and put it them in the engine room and hooked them up.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    I moved my factory original Lowrance chartplotter to a place I can read it standing at the helm in daylight. I filled the gaping hole left behind with some 1/4" Starboard. It is nice to work with, cutting is easy since unlike wood there is no grain.
    Andy

• Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    @shawnmjr That is a great looking boat. Clean lines. Really like the 246.
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I replaced the cabinet nobs they were all tarnished and rusty also made a platform above the gas tank I Wes tired of balancing on the board in front and standing on those wires I can also strap down a couple of plastic bins for storage 
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a great idea! So simple but so useful. Every time I duck down into the engine room I'm trying to not step on those hoses and sending wires. Did you just carefully screw it down on  either side of the tank?
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Cut a few 2X2 screwed them down then 5/8 plywood 4 screws and I can take it right out it’s also I little easier to crawl out from 
  • Options
    Ahh. Okay. And you could even sit on it to work on the front of the block.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I continued sanding the bottom paint off my boat. In some places I had 6 coats of paint. I could tell by all of the different shades of blue. All I have left to do is where the bunks are at. I am probably going to have the marina lift the boat off the trailer so I can finish. I also did some preventative maintenance on the boat. I changed the cap and rotor and the thermostat. I am happy to be a part of this group because without it I would never do any preventative maintenance on my boat other than oil changes. Now I am big on getting to things before they break, which we all know is at the worst time. Oh, I also fired her up. It was great to have her unwinterized.

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Installed my Easy Up Swim handles on the new swim platform. And changed out anodes. Oh....and also changed out the waste tank...never again. If it ever needs another tank I'm just gonna sell the FN boat.
    And next to the anodes is a chunk of platform core that I removed with a hole saw to mount the handles. It's some kind of corrugated material.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    I locked down new batteries - they were not as tall and the nuts bottomed on the threaded rod so had them shortened and re-bent. All good! Also one of the U shaped clamps they hook to needed to be bolted down, no doubt PO had over tightened and stripped out the mount.
    Changed out charcoal in holding tank vent filter.
    Went over every hose clamp and tightened.
    Cleaned out life jacket storage and put them in ready.
    Got drives cleaned up, need to get her outside soon to wash down and buff and repaint drives as well as a few other outside tasks.
    Post edited by Ian on

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spent the hole weekend in between the rain drops buffing and waxing. Have to bottom paint paint drives and splash next weekend 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Maybe I could spend some time on my lawn??
    Can't have both!
  • Options
    Hehe, maybe the rain will help. Here the rain has prevented the lawn being cut so far. Sunny today so after work today it will get it's first trim for the season.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    Ah, the lawn comes second!  Boat first! :)  Nice to see those further north starting to get them out!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭
    Got your money’s worth out of those anodes.

Platform & handles are super nice......

mattie
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    Yeah, those anodes are only a year old. Lots of stray current in the marina. Still have to do the big horseshoe one up under the drive swivel. Batteries aren't in yet to trim up the drive to get at it.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Dream_Inn said:
    Ah, the lawn comes second!  Boat first! :)  Nice to see those further north starting to get them out!
    Oh the boat has been getting focus! I do this tonight before the rain for the rest of the week and I am good to continue to play with my toys :) With any luck hooking up the VVMM later this week before having her pulled outside.

That's also the reason for the painting and bathroom work over winter....

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 949 ✭✭✭
    I finished everything up today. I got the new sea water pump and IAC installed and started it on the muffs to check for leaks. Everything worked great. Then I completed my yearly full detail. The exterior was done last week, so today was the full interior deep clean. The boat looks great and is 100% ready for the season. 
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭
    Willhound said:
    Yeah, those anodes are only a year old. Lots of stray current in the marina. Still have to do the big horseshoe one up under the drive swivel. Batteries aren't in yet to trim up the drive to get at it.
    Maybe we need to set up an Anode GoFundMe on your behalf..........
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    Dream_Inn said:
    Can't wait to see the dead spot where the boat is. A little seed and some raking.

PS wife then boat then house.
  • Options
    mattie said:
    Willhound said:
    Maybe we need to set up an Anode GoFundMe on your behalf..........

Hmm. Maybe for the beer!
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You better put her first, Smart man. or you will not have the other two.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Bottom paint done drives painted waxed and polished. Started motors  ready to splash Saturday 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    rasbury said:
    looking good!
    Thanks
  • Options
    Do today's bottom paints still need a 1" buffer of unpainted hull around the outdrives?  
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    Do today's bottom paints still need a 1" buffer of unpainted hull around the outdrives?  
    Yes i know the PO painted right to the drive and im afraid to sand off to many transom leaks on this site. The last couple years i painted a 2 inch gap just can't see it . Tested the mercathoid(love my spelling) drive makes a ground but not the back of the boat. 
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Removed B3 props, cleaned old grease and reinstalled
  • Options
    Modern paints have less copper than back in the day, so maybe it's not a big deal.  Still, I'd hit it with some thinner on a Scotchbrite pad, and see if I could take off a little around the edge.  

The drives look great ... I love this time of year!