Options

What did you do to your boat today

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    Modern paints have less copper than back in the day, so maybe it's not a big deal.  Still, I'd hit it with some thinner on a Scotchbrite pad, and see if I could take off a little around the edge.  

The drives look great ... I love this time of year!
    I don’t think it’s an issue. I’ve had my boat 6 years with it painted to the transom, no corrosion anywhere. 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @aero3113 I think is more about the gounding like the small cables connecting the drive and trim rams. Paint with alot of copper connects the boat to the drive. The drive is(suppost to be) protected by the mercathoid 5 volts + lead just under the drive is the -. I will try to make a gap like Larea said. Some paint is copper free not a problem. Dont know what PO used I do use ACT from interlux that has copper on it but i stay 2" away. 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s possible I don’t have issues because I don’t have a Mercathode system. I have all bonding wires connected and all anodes are used.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    Before & After...
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    shawnmjr said:
    Looks good @Lake_Bum
    Thanks. $70 bucks from China lol 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    It’s amazing I can buy replacement parts for my printing press from Alibaba.com for a 1/3 of the price from Heidelberg and they come wrapped and sealed in Heidelberg packaging ,only drawback is the shipping time 
  • Options
    GMSLITHO said:
    It’s amazing I can buy replacement parts for my printing press from Alibaba.com for a 1/3 of the price from Heidelberg and they come wrapped and sealed in Heidelberg packaging ,only drawback is the shipping time 

I would've bought locally, but nobody had the grey with black stripes in the width I needed. My platform is 45 inches deep. It took 3 weeks shipping to get here. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lake_Bum said:

I would've bought locally, but nobody had the grey with black stripes in the width I needed. My platform is 45 inches deep. It took 3 weeks shipping to get here. 
    Worth the wait, Nice. Where is Mr. Coconut? 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    @ GMSLITHO, I wondered about your user name. Once upon a time, many years ago I used to work as a dark room technician - negatives, film positives, halftones, processor & camera maintenance + prepress, paste ups, stripping negs, burning plates, etc. Those jobs are pretty much obsolete now!
  • Options
    randy56 said:
    Lake_Bum said:

Worth the wait, Nice. Where is Mr. Coconut? 
    He drank my beer, so was forced to walk the plank! 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    @ GMSLITHO, I wondered about your user name. Once upon a time, many years ago I used to work as a dark room technician - negatives, film positives, halftones, processor & camera maintenance + prepress, paste ups, stripping negs, burning plates, etc. Those jobs are pretty much obsolete now!
    Yep all changed all electronic files computer to plate plates are imaged with a laser  we have a 6 color offset and a small 2 color along with 2 digital press . We run a lot of variable data mailings we print shells on the offset and personalize on the digital . There still is a lot of printing out there but like every other business it’s tight margins .....back in the 90s it Was like printing $$$$$$$$$
    but to tell you one of the best deals is I barter my slip and winter storage with my marina been doing it for 20 years 
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭✭
    So today I went and and ran the cables for the VVMM to the j-box and installed it and VVMM ready. Fired up port engine and app saw it and SmartCraft data is there but need to fully configure after I have the CityID changed. Changed anchor rollers and secured things ready to come out of the bunker this week for a good wash, buff and engine run up before launch. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finished sanding the bottom paint off my boat. I got the first coat of paint on. I also replaced my floodlight with the new LED module on my GoLight. I found out the wiring to the bulb was reversed in polarity, so the new module wouldn't light. After switching the polarity, bingo, it lights. It is very bright. I am looking forward to seeing it at night on the water.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    I finished sanding the bottom paint off my boat. I got the first coat of paint on. I also replaced my floodlight with the new LED module on my GoLight. I found out the wiring to the bulb was reversed in polarity, so the new module wouldn't light. After switching the polarity, bingo, it lights. It is very bright. I am looking forward to seeing it at night on the water.
    Any way you can take a picture of that LED module?
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    Installed all 6 of my batteries, changed oil and filters on both motors.....took a nice little nap in the aft cabin....Man I love sleeping in my boat, even when it's on the hard.
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Did a 15 mile cruise to get lunch with my wife and daughter.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    DanD2 said:
    Any way you can take a picture of that LED module?
    Sure thing. I will get it for you tomorrow.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    04FV270riverrat04FV270riverrat Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭
    I took mine to the water! Ready for the season!

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Well, let's see.  On Friday the admiral and I (one kid in college, other was hiking for weekend - gotta love it!) went up to Fairlee creek and anchored out and visited with good ole "Rinkervous" friends!  Was fantastic!  Had my first Mai Tai of the year and we had the beach to ourselves!  Even had a nice little bonfire thru the evening and partied it up to 1am!  Drove back on Saturday,  round trip was 70 miles!  Boat ran like a champ.  Had some cool drinks back at the marina with dock mates and watched the Derby.  Was a great weekend!  

Oh, and on Sunday I fixed my leaky cockpit sink! :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    @Dream_Inn so you did not watch the Bruins beat the Blue Jackets Saturday Night??????
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    raybo3 said:
    @Dream_Inn so you did not watch the Bruins beat the Blue Jackets Saturday Night??????

I did not watch it. Too much partying on the boat.  I may have to watch some tonight.  Although, each time I watch it, the blue jackets win.  Oh well, those Canes will tough to beat for sure!

• Options
    @Dream_Inn Have you tried the Watermelon Mai Tai's yet? I am in the water but the weather here still $ucks big time but the WMT's will be flowing soon.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    @raybo3 - I have not tried the watermelon Mai Tai's.  I'm gonna need to look up your recipe again.  I feel like there was something tricky that I couldn't get.  I've gotta make them and maybe share them with @LaRea the next time we get together!  (he's a whiskey drinker, so probably won't like them like you and I would :) )  

Weather was bad yesterday, so we just came home in the morning.   Still got two good nights out of it.  This Friday will be my last one I work until mid-September.

• Options
    @Dream_Inn Easy to make. 70% watermelon flavored vodka (I used to use 3 Olives but its very hard to find. Smirnoff works fine) 20% sour mix and 10% mai tai mix (drop of grenadine for color but only a drop) put in the blender with a chunk of watermelon and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    @DanD2 , here you go!

Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made my shakedown cruise 42 miles with out hitch. Weather was good but a bit chilly 65° air temp 46° ocean temp. 2 to 4 foot seas 10mph wind. Very happy to be floating again. B)
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    @DanD2 , here you go!

That looks like it'll be very bright!!!! I wish they made an LED upgrade for the round light on my 342. For the amount ot time I use the light, I just can't justify buying a new one.
  • Options
    Exactly the same situation for me.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Use it twice a year to annoy my buddy at the marina. Thats about it. No sense wishing for a retrofit either. In my experience a light designed as LED from the start is WAY better than just a bulb, especially for something like a spotlight. Prices will eventually drop, I hope.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    True, photometrics of a halogen versus LED are very different. Learnt a lot about this when I was working on airfield lighting systems. For the amount of time I'd use it I'd get a replacement bulb if available just to have a spare. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”