Options

What did you do to your boat today

Comments

• Options
    minnesotaminnesota Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Changed the spark plugs in my 496. Now I am a certified contortionist. Also pulled the boat out to clean off the water line, found out the marina gouged a hole through my gel coat below the water line during launching in the spring. Wonder how much water penetration in the last month and a half. :/
    2008 280 EC
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pulled my out drive!
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,554 mod
    Updated my Navionics charts and sonar data.  
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Haha! Great post Willhound
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did plugs ,cap , rotor,and injectors on the port motor.since I bought the boat the starboard motor has been the stronger one.not no more.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    gackgack Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Not a boating day Saturday so I installed my TV/DVD player.  Mounted it similar to how others did it, but I didn't want to see hardware in head so I hid the mounting screws behind the mirror in the head.  Still gives me access to the cabinet. 
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    niiice....what brand and size did you install
  • Options
    jcc2823jcc2823 Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    DazeOff said:
    Today was a triple. Switch covers, steps and the bonus sink insert. Thanks again to @diggin2day1 for the great work on the steps and sink insert.

Where's you get the cabin floor?  I've been wanting to replace my carpet but can't decide what to get. 
  • Options
    Just got her back from wet sanding, compounding, waxing, and bottom job. Also just had cushions reupholstered. And got new cockpit carpeting but the crazy thing was it is really sticky in some spots. I nearly pulled the carpet threads through the backing in one spot so that's kinda irritating....
  • Options
    gackgack Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    @trip_n - TV/DVD is a 24" Sceptre from Walmart.
    @jcc2823 - Dash looks great.  I used the same switch covers but decided to go with the blue light (black switch) for the horn instead of the red switch.
  • Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Your antifouling should have a space of about 1 inches with no antifouling around your drives 
    poeple that did the antifouling should have know about that.
  • Options
    Your antifouling should have a space of about 1 inches with no antifouling around your drives 
    poeple that did the antifouling should have know about that.
    Hi. Why does it need a space?
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jcc2823 , I had the same table you have on my 242. I got so frustrated with it I ended up buying a rectangle one from Great Lakes Skipper. One of the best upgrades on the boat!

2008 330EC
  • Options
    @Lake_Bum that looks beautiful!!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    @lake_bum.......................ok you win
  • Options
    cdub88cdub88 Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Our boat had a ton of oxidation and leftover residue from previous owner's floral stickers, so I picked up a buffer (which I've never used before), watched a few YouTube videos, and went at it.

I still have the top-half to do (I ran out of pads), but so far, so good!
    1996 Captiva 232
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    I went and cleaned mine up a little and got it ready for a couple upgrades. Going to a group 31 deep cycle house battery and new sony bluetooth radio. Its Jobbie nooner this friday, so gotta get it goin quick!

Worked for awhile until the storm rolled through. 

• Options
    Yeah that would really really suck. I can't believe how high the level is right now. They added another layer of telephone poles to that break wall just last summer, and it's already almost over it again. 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I replaced my blower today since my old one decided to crap the bed this past weekend. It was really loud and the new one is the quietest blower that I have ever heard. I also changed my IAC muffler. The old one, which had never been changed as far as I know, was almost black. Add that to the yearly or biyearly maintenance list. I also changed my joker valve since I was getting water coming back into my toilet. Why can't Jabsco make a joker valve that lasts more than a year?
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    shawnmjr said:
    They say it can cause more corrosion and has something to do with copper in the paint and the aluminum in the outdrive. I don't know the whole science on it but that is what I heard. I have also heard that some bottom paints are alright to touch the drive. I think it's one of those things that some people swear it's ok and some people swear not to do it. 
    Wait. They painted the outdrives with antifouling paint as well. I'm confused. Lol
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be asking what kind of paint they used. @shawnmjr is correct, many anti-fouling paints are not compatible with aluminum outdrives. If the shop you used is really good and knows their stuff, they would know this. Since they completely painted the drives, they should have used the proper paint, I would hope.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    The fam surprised me with a dinner at the boat For my birthday  That was immediately followed by a crazy storm that sent everyone gear at the marina flying and a power outage. Spent the rest of the nite retrieving stuff from the river and cleaning up.  To top the nite off a huge glass of red wine was knocked over into the cockpit spraying all but 1square inch! I sent everyone home so I could clean it up. When I got home I had the pleasure of spending the next 3 hrs cutting up a 30ft branch that snapped and crushed my neighbors fence. Awesome day at the boat!   Lol
    Post edited by Trashman on
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well.........it's the thought that counts. White tablecloth was a classy touch. :)
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Happy Birthday @trashman!  You definitely have a great family to go thru the effort to make your birthday special!  (& yes, love the white tablecloth!)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    Willhound said:
    Well.........it's the thought that counts. White tablecloth was a classy touch. :)

Ha ha  yes, the tablecloth made it very fancy I do have a good fam.  But let's be honest, am I the only one who would've walked up and immediately thought " there's scotch tape now on my gel coat" 

And dream, I'm wondering if you got that insane weather yesterday.  It was a wild 20 mins. 
  • Options
    Trashman said:
    Willhound said:

Ha ha  yes, the tablecloth made it very fancy I do have a good fam.  But let's be honest, am I the only one who would've walked up and immediately thought " there's scotch tape now on my gel coat" 

And dream, I'm wondering if you got that insane weather yesterday.  It was a wild 20 mins. 

LoL! At least they didn't use thumb tacks!!!

Happy Birthday!

2008 330EC
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    i like parties ..... just not always how they end..
    it was a great thought
    may there be many more ...............