What did you do to your boat today

Comments

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Trash, you had me laughing at the scotch tape thing!  I definitely would've thought the same thing!  & yes, we got that weather as well.  The rain really came down hard!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    So i thought I was being slick and put in a new Sony head unit to replace my very basic OEM unit. Even made my own wiring harness to make it plug and play. 

Turns out the connector for the wired remotes with display is obsolete now, and I can't figure out any way to make them work with the new radio. So I'm stuck with the old stuff unless I upgrade the head unit and remotes to something new and current.  :s

Thanks Sony! What a PITA.  :|
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jcc2823 - there's one type of anti-fouling paint for the hull, and a different type made specifically for aluminum outdrives.  If they used copper-based hull paint on the outdrives, you need to make then remove it ASAP.  Don't wait -- contact them pronto and find out exactly what they did.  If you don't, it could prove to be an expensive mistake.  Any questions - ask here.  
    @Trashman - sounds like a great day on the boat!  Well, not the branch and the fence.
    Dinner by boat. Had a 310 neighbor too. Not a shabby view.

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the steps from Great Lakes Skipper before @diggin2day1 started making them and I finally got them installed. Hopefully the admiral likes them. The carpet steps are the before ones. 

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe, it was not who did you do, it was what did you do.....
    Haha! I wasnt aware there was a difference.... :D:D

I sadly did nothing for the boat today, except for clean the carpet from the weekend. Lots of dog hair and alcohol washed out of it. LOL
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went boating for most of the day! 

Took a look at maybe the next boat:

Not bad, but there's a reason she's 86,000.  The paint seems to be trashed is probably the worst thing.  I'm not sure I'm sold on the cockpit layout, seems like a lot of wasted space, but lots of nice space down below!! 
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got tired of wrestling the half-baked brackets that hold the shower sump in place.  Shimmed it up to make it level and pump out better. Then the strap to hold it down. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
    Upgraded my Fireboy (engine) system discharge from the plain LED to the LED w/alarm version. Now I can hear if it goes off. 

PC BYC, Holland, MI
    edited June 2017
    J3ff said:

Not bad, but there's a reason she's 86,000.  The paint seems to be trashed is probably the worst thing.  I'm not sure I'm sold on the cockpit layout, seems like a lot of wasted space, but lots of nice space down below!! 
    I sure wouldnt want to buff that monster to a shine, but if the rest of the boat is great I know the vinyl wraps can bring a faded boat to brand new glory.
    Fireboy upgrade?  Thanks @Black_Diamond - another thing I didn't know I needed!  part # please.
  • gackgack Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Installed my proper Attwood nav lights, but first I had to hammer out the ss loop on my anchor roller because some SOB clipped me at the dock and didn't bother leaving a note.
    Fireboy-Xintex P/N DU-RBH-01-R

http://www.fireboy-xintex.com/fire-extinguisher-accessories/

You can get it way cheaper at Defender.com. 

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Busy morning on my boat. Changed the spark plugs and the cool fuel module fuel filters. I had changed the filters in the middle of the 2015 season, so it had almost 2 seasons on it. I waited this season so I could run as much of the winter fuel out of my tank as possible. I was surprised at how dirty they were. 

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Changed cabin door cam lock lol
  • TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    J3ff said:
    Went boating for most of the day! 

J3ff, thats alot of boat!     I looked at that pic closely.  Mine was worse imo. Mine was so bad it looked blue i wet sanded with 1000 then 2000 then 3000. Then compounded and waxed.  Came out great.  Noone wanted to buy the boat because the hull looked terrible according to the PO
  • TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    Lake_Bum said:
    Went camping in a cave at Lake Powell  B)
    Thats just about the coolest thing ive ever seen.  This earned a space on my bucket list!
  • nick92675nick92675 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Replaced stock white radio w new DSC radio w GPS
    Looks great!
    I did the same radio swap, looks good! I have not hooked mine up to GPS yet.
  • nick92675nick92675 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    thanks guys! i shelled out the extra for the GX1700, w/internal GPS so there was redundancy.  and let's be honest, less work to hook it up.  :smile:
  • 69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 948 ✭✭✭
    JoeStang said:
    randy56 said:
    Worked all day, whats in the garage?
    03 Cobra with a decent amount of stuff done. Just your typical 725hp grocery getter.  :p

I like it!  My commuter car makes a few ponies too!

to answer the question, I just hooked the boat up to the truck and wiped it down. We are about to leave for a fun filled day on Lake Ray Roberts. 
    edited June 2017
    Great looking stang! I'm not great with the older stuff, but I'll guess 69 Mach 1?

It's hard for me to tell if that's a shaker or a scoop. 
  • 69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 948 ✭✭✭
    Thank you and yes sir, that's what it is. Just your average mid 9 second, small block, pump gas, hydraulic cam, street car. 

I've got some new toys, from my good friends at Kicker, arriving today, so hopefully I'll have some more pictures to add to the thread later. 
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I did this:
    rinkerboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/7487/fv270-table-hack/p1?new=1
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is fast yo,did you wear a helmet.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
    I'm putting a twin turbo on my 350, I'll catch up to ya!