What did you do to your boat today

Comments

• JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭
    Man the end is coming soon, but 80s and sunny here this coming weekend!
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    JoeStang said:
    Guess you didn't see the 20MPH wind and 1-3 foot waves predicted for LSC on Saturday.  Not the prettiest of weekend.  Sunday may be OK.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

Stodge said:
    JoeStang said:
    Guess you didn't see the 20MPH wind and 1-3 foot waves predicted for LSC on Saturday.  Not the prettiest of weekend.  Sunday may be OK.
    Saturday I've got a birthday party anyways, so not boating. But that wouldn't have stopped me! Can't be worse than Erie with the same wind, and I survived that. Haha

Sunday looks great right now, have about 5 boats meeting up for one last hoorah raft up.  B)
  • StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    JoeStang said:
    Stodge said:
    JoeStang said:
    Saturday I've got a birthday party anyways, so not boating. But that wouldn't have stopped me! Can't be worse than Erie with the same wind, and I survived that. Haha

Sunday looks great right now, have about 5 boats meeting up for one last hoorah raft up.  B)
    Might get out on the center console Sunday.  Which bay will you be in?

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

Little Moot. We always go to the area south of the line, maybe like 100-200 yards. 
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

Took her out out for winter on a beautiful sunny 80 degree day  :( .
    2008 330EC
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Looks like a good spot to ride out the winter. I to will need to post my winterization progress....
  • trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    @shawnmjr====shes a real beauty with style !
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to Hurricane Nate we have nothing but rain all day today... oh and it's 75/80 and 100% humidity. Waste of a day off. 
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a last ride and winterized the head and freshwater system. Cleaned out the cabin and vacuumed carpet and pulled the cushions and matress out to bring home.  :'(:'(
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    Looks like a good spot to ride out the winter. I to will need to post my winterization progress....
    We know @rasbury ... Pull the plug... Ha! Ha!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    I'll be in another 2 weeks at least. We're having an awesome October for boating! Had a great day yesterday, 75* sunny and lots of fun. Gorgeous sunset too. Ended up getting pretty lit at the restaurant right next to my marina and slept on the boat. Woke up to rain on my face through the hatch at 4am.  :D:D

• zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Oil change done
    fuel filters done
    coupler greased 
    still need to lube the steering pivots
    going to use the boat this weekend I hope.
    i will winterize The water system this week and defrost my fridge.
    On the 25th taking her to storage. I will pump out  few days before.

Once on blocks I will winterize engines and service the drives.
    just fyi
    i don’t run red pop or any other freeze thru the engines
    i drain manifolds and block and remove all
    hoses.

It’s a marina scam 
    -100 is good stuff 
    red pop turns to slush and could freeze but I usually drain and leave the hoses off for air to circulate
    freeze keeps the aka rust effect down when motor sits lol
    think what happens to it during the season with lake or even worse salt water 
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not a fan of the red/pink antifreeze in the engines. Here is a read from a guy here in Pittsburgh showing the different ratios and their freeze temps.

http://www.boatlocal.com/forums/showthread.php/1743-The-experiment-begins?highlight=antifreeze

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 848 ✭✭✭
    I did this........ :'(......took it home for the season
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I winterized mine the other day myself. I just drain everything but I keep it underground too so it never reaches freezing anyway. I just would rather get all that dirty river water out of it and try to get as much gunk out of the ports as I can. My port manifold was plugged when I removed the petcock. Had to poke around a little to get it to drain. I did add pink to the fresh water tank and ran the faucets to fill the lines. First time I have done that. I have never put pink in the engine and the previous owner (who bought it new) said he never did either, just left it empty. 31 years later and still the original risers and manifolds so must not be too bad. 

Oh....and took it to the bat cave today so it is officially in hibernation for the next 5 months. Will bring it home around mid/late March and start getting it ready for next year.
  • diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭✭
    aero3113 said:

Took her out out for winter on a beautiful sunny 80 degree day  :( .
    I see that you use Augie to haul your boat too... great guy!! Known him for a long time. 
    Yes, I use Augie. Like you said, he’s a great guy. Very punctual and true to his words!
    2008 330EC
  • LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,722 mod
    While you guys were taking boats out for winter, I was putting mine back in after six weeks in dry-dock for repairs.  Cleaned off six weeks of spider poop and other scum.  Went to Alexandria for a great weekend with ten other boats from our marina.  No winterizing yet for me ... I need to make up for lost time!

@LaRea your making me feel bad!!!!

2008 330EC
    At Davis Park, Fire Island today... 
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,652 mod
    I enjoyed relaxing on the boat this past weekend.  Didn't do a lot, but just being on the boat was nice.  Next weekend looks to be in the mid 70s and sunny.  I'll just play it by ear for winterizing.  This weather is too nice to be home.  I at least have it pretty simple for winterization.  Fuel up, pump out, put her up on the lift and winterize, then cover.  I don't need to rely on any one.  Only thing is if the marina turns off the water (I like to run the engines on fresh water for a bit before winterizing), but they usually play the same game of waiting out with warmer weather too.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

@diggin2day1=how much does the swan charge .... by the hour or day
    trip_n said:
    @diggin2day1=how much does the swan charge .... by the hour or day
    Three slices of bread for a 15 minute photo session. 
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    With the warm weather hanging around for a couple more weeks I moved her closer to work so I can go hang out after the work day concludes.  She is now the smallest boat at the dock ! :)

I am still fighting the good fight! Got some time in yesterday, even though it was just an idle up and down the river for a little bit. Still got to see some scenery.  :)