Options

What did you do to your boat today

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice!!! One thing that I like about the larger Rinkers is the screen door going to the cabin. There are times that I would love to have a screen door. Nice breeze outside, 75* and not wanting to run the air. Unfortunately my boat attracts flys and mosquitos. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    SimcoeRinker400SimcoeRinker400 Member Posts: 319 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
    2023 Seadoo Spark Trixx x 2
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bananas!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    So he's listing it for $244k USD?  I admire his chutzpah, but he won't get it.  I asked my broker buddy to look up actual "sold boat" prices for that model.  They aren't selling for anything even close to that.  
  • Options
    03rinker310fv03rinker310fv Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    It’s wild though, if someone wants it they will pay. I had to pay 16k over asking for my boat but I seen the potential, mine was also cheaper by 60k to any other listed . That seems a little chaos but nice bump on your price if it sells! 
    * Hakuna Matata * 2003 Rinker Fiesta Vee 310
  • Options
    In 2007, a brand-new 400 sold for $295k.  That guy's boat is 14 years old with 600 hours on the engines, and he's asking $244k.  Good luck!  
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    I bought my boat in 2007. The place I bought it also services it. He told me that if I put it on the market and the condition of it that I probably get what I paid for it. He also said good luck trying to replace it.....lol So I am keeping it........ Just say'n
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    It’s wild though, if someone wants it they will pay. I had to pay 16k over asking for my boat but I seen the potential, mine was also cheaper by 60k to any other listed . That seems a little chaos but nice bump on your price if it sells! 
    Wow!! If I remember right, they were asking 130k CAD. What a crazy market! Makes this boat seem reasonable. I thought it was 20k overpriced. 

• Options
    edited May 2021
    YYZRC said:
    Wow!! If I remember right, they were asking 130k CAD. What a crazy market! Makes this boat seem reasonable. I thought it was 20k overpriced. 

That’s a good deal. I would have went to look at that had it been available,I wasn’t missing out on the season tho!  Same boat as ours just different exterior(horizontal windows & circle window) and hard top. Just going to enjoy the drinks and sun and not worry about it! Lol 

The bottom one was 199k just last week. And says Sold now. 
    Post edited by 03rinker310fv on
  • Options
    Agreed on not missing out! 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    According to my broker friend:  This morning, a 2008 400 was sold in Michigan.  It has Axius joystick, 490 hours, really nice condition.  He told me the actual sold price.  To respect privacy, I'm not gonna share it here, but it was nowhere even remotely close to $244k.  
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    According to my broker friend:  This morning, a 2008 400 was sold in Michigan.  It has Axius joystick, 490 hours, really nice condition.  He told me the actual sold price.  To respect privacy, I'm not gonna share it here, but it was nowhere even remotely close to $244k.  
    Are you saying it was way under?
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    I agree the USA is not in a lockdown like Canada still is. Could effect prices up here local recreation is all we have. 
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    What was the asking price? Nice that it has axius. 
  • Options
    It was listed for US$158k.  They already took down the ad.  
  • Options
    McGarnicleMcGarnicle Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭

Launch day finally came. For the most part went smoothly but did find out I need some new trim solenoids 
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    My last two boats the grill grease would drip ,one boat had it mounted over the port side and the grease would drip down the hull ,last boat mounted to the swim platform and the grease would somehow get there no matter what I did ,found this stainless grill on Amazon I think is was $150 the tray is 1/4 in starboard   and I just clamp it on with some c clamps I can remove the grill and use the tray .the tray is removable and mounted with 2 magna grill mounts .Everything included the cost was around $350
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Installed a diaphram pump in my engine compartment to keep the bilge as dry as possible.  I have a bit of OCD about water in the bilge.  I wired it to work with the bilge switch at the helm...so at the moment I'll just hit it when I get to the boat to clean up whatever water is there.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    skennelly said:
    Installed a diaphram pump in my engine compartment to keep the bilge as dry as possible.  I have a bit of OCD about water in the bilge.  I wired it to work with the bilge switch at the helm...so at the moment I'll just hit it when I get to the boat to clean up whatever water is there.
    Did you add a new thru-hull or tap into an existing?  I did this on my 330 and need to add to the 350 now!
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I cheaped out and routed the hose through the drain for the engine hatch.  Lol.  Yes when the pump runs the swim platform will get wet but oh well.  The hose is only 1/2 inch
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    I tried that at first but it stained the platform.  Then I tapped into the cockpit sink drain (I never use it).
  • Options
    Good to know about staining.  Didn't think about that.  Sink drain is a great idea
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    GMSLITHO said:
    My last two boats the grill grease would drip ,one boat had it mounted over the port side and the grease would drip down the hull ,last boat mounted to the swim platform and the grease would somehow get there no matter what I did ,found this stainless grill on Amazon I think is was $150 the tray is 1/4 in starboard   and I just clamp it on with some c clamps I can remove the grill and use the tray .the tray is removable and mounted with 2 magna grill mounts .Everything included the cost was around $350
    Any fish in the pond?!
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GMSLITHO you know what they say when there are two adrandak chairs out on a lawn, right?? If you don’t, look it up 😂. 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me check my lotto ticket...
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aero3113 said:
    @GMSLITHO you know what they say when there are two adrandak chairs out on a lawn, right?? If you don’t, look it up 😂. 
    I have never heard that before but just looked it up. Um…. We have several neighbors with two chairs out front. Gonna have to warn the admiral to tone down the chit chat with them while walking the dog  :D
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    LoL!!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Up here it's a big five pointed star on the exterior of your house that "opens doors" to new adventures.
  • Options
    Pineapples also
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    What does 3 chairs mean?
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3