Options

What did you do to your boat today

Comments

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have not yet bought epoxy I cant recommend West System Six10 enough. Local marine store should have it. I used it to re bed my tabs and under water LED's this spring. Being able to shoot it easily out of a caulk gun is awesome, and it is the perfect thickness. Not too brittle/hard and not too soft. Also re usable! 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    SimcoeRinker400SimcoeRinker400 Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    I have a good two-part epoxy I like to use I believe it is West Systems but it's good stuff also.  
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
    2023 Seadoo Spark Trixx x 2
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope it’s not transom plates. My steering pins are like new, it would be so sad to replace the transom assemblies!!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    YYZRC if there is only little movement left to right and it wasn't ever repaired with a kit or anything then it should be good.
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
  • Options
    My transom assemblies are good, I was just being dramatic. I did order a new steering cable today though. Excited for that! Also picked up a Sea-Doo Spark for some extra fun this summer. 

• Options
    vwtoastervwtoaster Member Posts: 34
    @YYZRC that is an awesome picture!
  • Options
    I look so small on it!!
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    I look so small on it!!
    I was thinking the same thing. That ski might be too big for you…
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭✭
    ‘When I grow up I’m gonna drive a real boat…”

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I called to see where my 16k btu reverse cycle a.c. was.  Was told 7 to 10 days back on the 25th of May.  Ive been told 2 to 3 more days.  
  • Options
    1. Washed the MarineMat
    2. Washed all over
    3. Cleaned cockpit with mats out
    4. Checked all clamps in engine bay - yes most took 1/4 turn (a bit late on my launch item)
    5. Greased engine hatch ram gearbox
    6. Pulled apart control stalks - Starboard has sticky neutral switch. Futzed with, lubricated, can’t fail it now. But watch tomorrow…it will be shake it baby to turn over again I am sure.
    7. Cleaned inflatable
    8. Went for a run in it to get takeout chicken bake from another club. That little 8HP 4 stroke works well!

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great pic @Liberty44140 !!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭
    well my 12 volt fridge on the boat wasn’t working I downloaded a troubleshooting guide and found out the power supply was bad and the parts are no longer available so decided I will replace it next year so for now I’ll just use it as a ice box .I bought a couple of freezer packs and will use it as a day cooler 
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,464 admin
    @GMSLITHO there has to be a power supply unit you can use. I am sure you can research a direct replacement. Post a picture of the bad unit.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭

Took the boat out. Admiral wanted to learn how to drive and visited friends anchored off of cedar point.
    @Liberty44140 Great Lines on that boat. SHWEEET!
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    Thanks raybo  the fridge is original 21 years old I’m planning on replacing it next year along with some other projects I have to upgrade the cabin 
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Thanks @mattie and @aero3113
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    GMSLITHO said:
    Thanks raybo  the fridge is original 21 years old I’m planning on replacing it next year along with some other projects I have to upgrade the cabin 
    What model unit is it?

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    @GMSLITHO I replaced my power supply about 10 years ago with one I found on ebay. Pretty easy to change. I been searching for the info for you but no luck. Sorry 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    the model is Norcold dc451 
  • Options
    I am trying to find the info on the aftermarket power supply I used. I usually keep everything together but for some reason I can't find it 
  • Options
    Well so far so good the boat is dry after resealing the trims tabs and struts went a bit crazy with the sealant 😉🤪😜👍
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    Craziest thing. My boat is in storage maybe 4 miles from the ramp. The trailer tires appear to be in good shape and I just checked the air pressure. Maybe 3/4 of a mile, on the way there, a tire exploded. I changed them out and put the spare on and went out on the water. On the way home, maybe 3 miles in, another tire exploded! Wtf!? Obviously out of spare tires, I just drug it slowly, with the tire coming apart the whole time. Guess I’ll be replacing all 4. 
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever notice that rubber compounds in tires and windshield wipers are not as good as they used to be?  
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭
    Craziest thing. My boat is in storage maybe 4 miles from the ramp. The trailer tires appear to be in good shape and I just checked the air pressure. Maybe 3/4 of a mile, on the way there, a tire exploded. I changed them out and put the spare on and went out on the water. On the way home, maybe 3 miles in, another tire exploded! Wtf!? Obviously out of spare tires, I just drug it slowly, with the tire coming apart the whole time. Guess I’ll be replacing all 4. 
    That's a bummer. Crazy how fast stuff can turn on you.
    69 - what the date codes were on the old tires?
    Date code + 5 years is about my pers max for comfort with ST tires.

Those trailer specific ST tires have extra UV inhibitors blended into the rubber. (cause trailers sit around so long)
    As the tire flexes & moves down the road the inhibitors work their way out to the surface of the rubber. But, the key is to be using the tires......which is the trick.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,587 mod
    That looks like it belongs on a private jet.
  • Options
    redlightningredlightning Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    Aqua_Aura said:
    Got a new table. 

that is bad ****.  where did you get?
    2011Sea Ray 450 Twin 8.2’s Bravo III Sterndrive
    2012 390 Sea Ray Twin 8.2’s Inboard - Sold
    2008 330 Express Cruiser - Sold
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I originally was gonna make a wood one but after not finding a good base I liked I found this on Amazon. I like all the storage on it and the foam pad. The post actually screws into the base so it's really stable. This base is a 7" and the one on the boat is a 6" so I bolted a piece of walnut to the floor using the same holes for the original base then screwed this base into the walnut. I didn't want to make new holes in the floor so if I want to change it I can with no evidence of it being there. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KJHZKBG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_XYE1E765G2B5Y0P2HK1W?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
    1997 Bayliner 3988