• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...that your kid is into it, too?  :#
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Eww…

Reminds me of a joke though I could post in that thread.
    Post edited by Ian on

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Yep fish in the pond and we just use the chairs to sit in .no secret codes .Funny Ive never heard about the 2 chair thing 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You all know way to much...
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Sit on the chairs...if that's what you want to call it.  We all know.  😜
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GMSLITHO said:
    Yep fish in the pond and we just use the chairs to sit in .no secret codes .Funny Ive never heard about the 2 chair thing 
    That’s what they all say! 😂
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    SimcoeRinker400SimcoeRinker400 Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    Getting off the chair discussion.   I ordered a strut for hardtop hatch.  It's was missing so now I can open both hatches also replaced all the Co2 alarms in the cabin... bought new fenders as I am in a tight slip and nice fender adjustors.   

2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
    2023 Seadoo Spark Trixx x 2
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,587 mod
    Huh?  Did that picture have a fender adjus...      oh wait, I see it now.  B)
  • Options
    Changed the oil. PO had the filters on so tight that I had to screw a cap to each one and use a lever bar to remove. Insane. 
  • Options
    Pressure washed the bilge. So satisfying!! Next weekend is new blower hoses. 

• Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 884 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    McGarnicleMcGarnicle Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    I wish I could get my bilge that clean 
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭
    Redid the nonskid. Almost slipped off the boat a few weeks ago so had to be done. The heat about kicked my butt.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    @davidbrooks you applied new nonskid paint?  What kind?  
  • Options
    @LaRea i used Petit EZDeck in offwhite. Added a little extra grit to it and just a little white. Took 1 1/2 Qts
  • Options
    vwtoastervwtoaster Member Posts: 34
    @davidbrooks did you do something special in the prep prior to application?  Looks great. 
  • Options
    @vwtoaster thanks. Scrubbed with Ammonia cleaner then wiped down with Alcohol. What i read was that i didnt have to put down a primer coat. I guess time will tell. I would of preferred an epoxy paint but this color was really close.
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    What ZL1 is that? 
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 746 ✭✭✭
    It's ok to applied wax to the nonslip to protect the gelcoat?
  • Options
    YYZRC engine room looks great.  davidbrooks non skid looks really good also.  I am dealing with a seabreeze screen which is jammed on hardtop hatch any idea how to take apart?  Looks like I have to remove the whole thing.  Also J3ff  ZL1 is a 2014.  Those fender adjustors are great been using them all weekend.  
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
  • Options
    GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

Left yesterday on a 5 day shake down trip ready for our 18 day cruise at the end of June. Wind caught the bow leaving the slip and dinghy motor caught the slip on the opposite side. I know from the sound i have done damage, check later. Ran for 20 minutes at 2100 RPM to let everything settle in after layup, then cruised at 3500 RPM. 25 MPH burning 22 GPH.  i am happy everything ran well.
  • Options
    @Grahamu do you run with the dinghy motor all the way up? I run with it 1/2 tilt and it doesn’t drag and less worry on the rear radius. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Diagnosed and replaced a bad spark plug and now she runs great!! Also swapped out the fuel filters (they were gross). Ordered plugs and distributor cap/rotor and I think she will be perfect!

Burnt off as much of the old gas as I could. She’s full to the brim now with mostly new stuff. 
    Post edited by YYZRC on
  • Options
    GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 871 ✭✭✭
    Arrived in Orillia yesterday and here is the view this morning, it is empty.

I know we are still in lockdown but you are allowed to use your boat, familly only. It is over 30C today (86F).

As i suspected The dighy transom is cracked. I will have to make a couple of metal plates and thru bolt them either side of the transom. @YYZRC It is normally in the horizontal position when on the swimplatform but that is a good suggestion i will look into dropping 45 degrees, thanks,
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    Pressure washed the bilge. So satisfying!! Next weekend is new blower hoses. 

KA-AL-LEEN!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    @mattie does your FW have PVC blower ducts? I’ve seen some FWs with this and it looks slick!  I am going to replace some of my flex ducts with PVC. 
  • Options
    Cool Idea !  that would look good.
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
  • Options
    I considered using rigid blower ducts, but stayed with flex hose because I can just push it out of the way for access when needed.  
  • Options
    I think I will do rigid across the transom (in the swim platform) and on the two ducts hanging down from the hatch. They drive me crazy. I assume they are just there to divert any water that comes in through the transom locker?
  • Options
    Random question but what do you do when cavitation occurs in chop combined with swells? I find that I will lose a drive (RPM spikes) and it won’t recover. I try throttling that motor down but it usually doesn’t help?

I hate coming off plane but I feel like it’s the only way to resolve? It feels like there’s a giant air bubble around the drive when this happens.