Comments

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That table looks awesome!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,469 admin
    @GMSLITHO I finally found the part for your fridge. I hope they still make it.
    WAECO MPS-35 AC TO DC MULTI VOLTAGE POWER CONVERTER
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Bilge snot anyone? With all the rain we've had the past week, decided to take a quick run over to the boat and check it out. Got there and the bilge pump was running, but nothing was being discharged overboard. Lots of water in the bilge - and couldn't figure out how to stop the pump from running.

Long story short, couldn't easily access the pump so I got out the shop-vac and started manually sucking out the water. Started getting big blobs of snot. Looks almost like a jellyfish. Pump eventually started discharging overboard and finally shut itself off.

After vacuuming up about 10 gallons of water, I hosed down the bilge and the pump to try and clean out any clogs - and tried to get it as clean as possible. Pump seems to be back to normal, but anybody have ideas what can cause "jellyfish snot" in a bilge? 

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you store your KY jelly down there?  :D
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    @TonyG13 Oil mixing with water can cause that. Not saying thats what caused yours.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
     Boat - Carpets cleaned and scrubbed all of the dried black rubber off of the backs and then sprayed Leak Seal flexible rubber on them. Works very well.  Have some dry rot happening in the sunpad. The screws that hold the lifters in place pulled out so I managed to place an aluminum plate on top of the wood with s/s bolts and now secure. Total parts both project  $50 

Trailer - New brake hub/caliper/pads. Flushed brake lines. Wire brushed rust off of  leaf springs and soaked down with Fluid Film. Painted trailer with Tremclad semi gloss black.  Total cost $1000. I spend more on that trailer than I do the boat. Someday I will buy a proper galvanized or aluminum trailer but for now its parts and my time.

It's satisfying working on a  smaller boat. Limited systems to fail and a hobby that you get to motor around in when the work is done. Plan to launch for the first time this year in one week!
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
      Plan to launch for the first time this year in one week!
    Slacker!!! Summer is half way over!!!

Are you in salt water or fresh?  Down on the coast I see torsion axles on everything but up where I am its all fresh so leaf spring painted trailers last forever
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Salt, but I bought the boat/trailer in Cincinnati so painted steel fresh water environment. The only saving grace is the frame is "C channel so it doesn't hold water.  And yes I'm slack this year for sure
  • Options
    Once they reopen the border im sure you can snag a good deal on another trailer.  The ones with junk boats on them can usually be had for a good price.
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found some training wheels left in the boathouse so I put them on 😁. Can't scratch my boat. 

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    SimcoeRinker400SimcoeRinker400 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    Well helped my friend today with the 2007 Rinker 370.  Both of his fuel sending units are acting up.  So, I pulled one out to get the part numbers.  Just wondering if that is a usual issue with these boats.  Also his hot water tank high temp sensor failed and he had a fuel leak right at his port fuel filter when filled above 3/4 full.. Also,  I find the 370 hatch does not open really wide like my old 342 and my 400.  LaRae might be able help me with the hatch question. Just posting the fuel tank info and sender part number for 2007/08 370 owners.  

2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
    2023 Seadoo Spark Trixx x 2
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,627 mod
    You mean the transom locker door?  Definitely change the lifts.  I did mine five years ago, and it has been a fantastic mod.

https://rinkerboats.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/5438/replace-hatch-lifts-on-370-transom-locker 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    No the engine hatch.  It only goes up a bit compared to my engine hatch.
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
  • Options
    I think he could use a slightly taller actuator for the hatch.  But when the hatch is open that far, it might prevent access to the storage area under the swim platform seat.  
  • Options
    Okay, I never have my storage hatch open at the same time.  But I was surprised that we had to really basically go flat to the floor to get into the engine bay for the 370.  LaRea how wide does your engine hatch open?
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
  • Options
    I'm thinking wrong actuator.  On mine, the gap is probably 3 feet high.  
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure the actuator has a 24-inch stroke, so with the angle, the opening should be close to 3 feet.  

AccuLift, INc.
    MQ347       (I think this is the motor part #)
    PJ24035Q     (I think this says 24" stroke, 35" closed length)
  • Options
    Cool thanks LaRae.  I will look at his when I am up there tomorrow.
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
  • Options
    Wow crazy these guys are located in Ontario.

Link:  http://qmigroup.com/product/acculift/
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
  • Options
    redlightningredlightning Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    good luck getting anywhere with Acculift.  I tried for 2 weeks making calls, emails and website contact.  never got any response.  No one ever answers the phone.  Seriously wonder if the company is still opened or if they are still shut down due to covid.

Shelly Sajewski - Adminstration / Acculift Manager - ssajewski@qmigroup.com - 313-382-5121

This is supposed to be a contact person in the states.  got this on the club sea ray forum. I think they have a facility in Detroit maybe.  never heard from her and her voice mail finally filled up. 
    if you have plenty of wiggle room you can get an Eddie Marine actuator at summit racing marine site.  I think the rinker configuration has the slide bracket on the hatch instead of at stringer.  It did on my 330.  This actuator would work if measurements align.  Easier buying from Summit than direct.  Plus they have a good return policy.
    2011Sea Ray 450 Twin 8.2’s Bravo III Sterndrive
    2012 390 Sea Ray Twin 8.2’s Inboard - Sold
    2008 330 Express Cruiser - Sold
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    Cap, rotor, wires, and plugs. I do believe it was past due. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Holy misfire Batman! I hope it didn't leave you calling for a tow
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    And your in fresh water @69fastback , thats crazy! Do you know if it’s an OEM cap or aftermarket? 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    The boat ran great. LOL. Literally never had an issue. That’s an OEM cap. It may actually be the real OEM cap from 2003 😂
  • Options
    Wow I do tune-ups and impellers every year. Might be over kill but I have had good..... never mind I think you all know what I mean...lol
  • Options
    raybo3 said:
    Wow I do tune-ups and impellers every year. Might be over kill but I have had good..... never mind I think you all know what I mean...lol
    I do impellers every year, but I’ve literally never done the cap, rotor, and plug wires and I’ve owned the boat 11 years 😂

it’s never given me a reason to. It runs great every day, and I use it twice a week, at least. And my situation is different. I’m not on open water. If it acts up, I can get to the boat ramp. No worries.  
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a frustrating question for @Alswagg

WHY did Rinker cut the crescent holes in the base of the stringers and not seal off the exposed wood??  There's about a gallon of 4200 on the bolts that hold the engine mounts to the stringers but what's the point when bilge water is being absorbed into the stringers from the crescent holes?!

I'm baffled.
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    YYRC  I noticed that on the 400 too.  Maybe if you had a dry bilge the stringers may dry out :smile:  but its hard to have a perfectly dry bilge with the rains we have had recently.  This coming up winter I plan to drill some breathing holes in the stringers to let them fully dry out!  
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly. I have a dry bilge until it rains!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have that same question about the holes. Maybe it was if water was on the outside of the stringer to get into the bilge. If that is so that was a very poor way of doing it. 

1997 Bayliner 3988