Options

What did you do to your boat today

Comments

• Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭
    How did the platform attachment go? Any issues??
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    Had to shape it a bit here ant there to fit to the hull ,just used a dremel tool  with a grind stone ,the issue was reaching the 2 boost all the was inside ,also the bolts were not threaded all the way up is I needed to add a few washers to the 2 bolts all the way aft
    All in all it was easy 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the platform makes the boat...especially on a 270...10% increase!
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took advantage of the weather and touched up my bottom paint today. Also, cleaned the drives and tabs, there’re ready for paint. While under the boat I noticed barnacles in the ac pick up. I was able to get them out using a straight and 90 deg. pick. Will make sure to spray anti fouling paint in there. 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    goalie59goalie59 Member Posts: 326 ✭✭✭
    Finished putting her to bed for a long winters nap. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    Surprised the shrink wrap isn't down to the water line.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    I agree. That seems to be the way they do it around here.  
  • Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 880 ✭✭✭
    That's the way they do it around here too, although one place covered my drives and the other didn't.

• Options
    edited November 2021
    The last two seasons they went down to the waterline. This season they didn’t. Same company, but different guys doing the work this time 🤷🏻‍♂️.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    Spyderweb do you have any chafing issues with your collared hull where the shrink ropes vibrate with the wind ? I took some plumbing heat insulating foam strips and placed them in several areas. This keeps a gap between the wrap and hull.I hope to eliminate the marks caused by the shrink wrap . 
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I helped a friend shrink wrap his center console last weekend and it was all about the width of the roll of shrink wrap that he bought as to how far we went past the tub rail. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 880 ✭✭✭
    goalie59 said:
    Spyderweb do you have any chafing issues with your collared hull where the shrink ropes vibrate with the wind ? I took some plumbing heat insulating foam strips and placed them in several areas. This keeps a gap between the wrap and hull.I hope to eliminate the marks caused by the shrink wrap . 
    Those were the only 2 times it was shrink wrapped.  I have it stored inside now.  But I can imagine the potential for chafe on the black could certainly be there.  Good idea you have there.
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
    I am wonder how much is the prices to shrink wrapped a 310 
  • Options
    @oscar1 it cost me $460.00 to have my 330 wrapped.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Last season was $365.00 🙄
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    You know, I'm not much for conspiracy theories but this let's make everything cost more program is getting old. All you have to do is look at the stock market and none of the markets seems to be working on slim margins...that pendulim will swing the other way...
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you build your own frame @aero3113 or is that all-in?
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    His price may have gone up from the increase in boaters and possibly them having less employees. The materials cost for covering a boat would seem minimal and you would be looking more at labor cost and/or demand raising prices. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On another subject I went and checked on the boat and made sure it's ready for a weekend cruise as long as the weather holds up. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    I meant nothing political. We are doing the same amount of business with less inventory and triple margins...just sayin...
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    YYZRC said:
    Do you build your own frame @aero3113 or is that all-in?
    I’ve been using the same 2 x 4’s that they provided the first time I used them. They do everything. Pretty easy.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    Aqua_Aura said:
    His price may have gone up from the increase in boaters and possibly them having less employees. The materials cost for covering a boat would seem minimal and you would be looking more at labor cost and/or demand raising prices. 
    When I called to schedule, the woman apologized for the increase. I think it’s the cost of the wrap, I was told that there’s a shortage by a few people.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    I'd say the price is based on value (the amount people are willing to pay), not material costs.  
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say you guys are getting away cheap. In USD the current rate around here can be up to $24 a foot. A little less for no extra framing.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    To have the marina wrap the 330 with a zipper door would have been $1800 CAD with taxes = $1400 USD. That’s how I rationalized buying the Fisher cover. But at under $500/season for shrink the Fisher would never pay for itself. Plus the Fisher is a PITA to lug around and store for summer. Would never do that again. 
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    I buy the same raw resins used to make that wrap. Cost is up more than 50% year over year. Primary reasons are natural gas is essential to the process and has more than doubled in 2021. Additionally until literally this month demand has outweighed supply. If I don’t buy our truck loads there are 10 guys on a list who will, if my customers balk at price I have a list who will, and so on….. it will fall but we have at least 7 more months of this. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    edited November 2021
    I forgot, that’s also including installing the door that I originally bought from them the first season for $25. (3rd season reusing it).
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    This cover has paid for itself twice now over the last 10 winters.  I believe they charge close to 20 per foot at my marina for LOA.  At 43 ft, that's just crazy!

I used to own a Fischer cover for my 310.  Great cover, but was heavy and stinky.  This one is less than half the weight of my 310s.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    The Fisher doesn’t have enough vertical to allow for snow to shed. I am going to have to shovel off the boat 5 times this winter for sure. I hope the bow rails don’t collapse.