Rinker 330/340 2008+ Random Topics

YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
Working on getting a decal made for the boat, could someone please tell me the width and height of the transom storage compartment (below the crease)?

Thank you!
2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
Post edited by YYZRC on

Comments

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    @YYZRC , on my 330 the door is textured Starboard, it might not hold a decal well.
    2008 330EC
  • YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I'm using the wrong word - I meant the storage compartment just above the rumble seat!

I’ll get you the measurements a little later today or tomorrow.
    2008 330EC
    edited October 2019
    Thanks so much!  Total aside; do you have the integrated VHF radio?  I don't know whether mine works and what to do with it if it doesn't.  Seems like a lot of holes to patch!

Sorry, another ask - could you please check which type of navigation lights are on the bow?  Surveyor says mine are junk.
    I had to run into work but I did get the measurements for you.  57 x 17.5 (below the crease)
    2008 330EC
    I think mine just has the speaker and the mic is on the head unit.
    2008 330EC
    Thank you!!!
  • SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 879 ✭✭✭
    @YYZRC mine has the integrated radio same as yours.  I also wondered what to do with it if it broke.  Fortunately it still works.
    @YYZRC , here’s a pic with a part number for the Nav lights.

2008 330EC
    You. Are. Awesome.  THANK YOU!
    edited October 2019
    Renamed the thread since this is getting messy.

@Aero, if you're messing around in the bilge, could you please look for a part number on the transducer?  Trying to determine the angle as I need to replace.

Thanks!
    Post edited by YYZRC on
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get LED nav lights.  Much brighter (read: safer) and won't burn out.  
    I was just in there about an hour ago, pouring out now. I don’t think my transducer is original, my gauge was replaced with a HawkEye unit with air and water temperature. Next time I’m in there I’ll take a pic. 
    2008 330EC
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should have said ... LED lights will probably have a different hole pattern, but don't let that affect your decision.  Incandescent lights are 100% obsolete.  Do not buy.  
    LaRea said:
    Should have said ... LED lights will probably have a different hole pattern, but don't let that affect your decision.  Incandescent lights are 100% obsolete.  Do not buy.  
    For sure, I just ordered these: http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/product/3530

@YYZRC , no part number visible on my transducer, Airmar is the manufacturer.
    2008 330EC
    Thank you for checking!!
  • mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    LaRea said:
    For sure, I just ordered these: http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/product/3530

You’re gonna like those 3500 series Atwood’s. They work really well. The 2NM lights are super bright. Barely need docking lights.
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
    edited October 2019
    Some random observations after receiving my new-to-me 330.

I found the VHF "head unit" by accident, it is located behind the starboard side cover panel under the helm seat.  It's a Standard Horizon PS1000.

All but one of the bolts holding the helm seat to the slide rails had fallen out, I replaced all bolts and used Loctite.

Is there a storage space somewhere for the salon table and legs?

It wasn't as bad as I expected to run wires from the engine bay to the helm.

I noticed that the fuse panel has a breaker for "thruster charger" - yay!

My AC unit is completely rusted out at the bottom and very noisy but still works.  On the plus side, having the strainer not in the engine bay is nice.

The kitchen has absolutely no space for anything.  Has anyone added drawers under the salon couch?  Seems like it could work...

A heavy individual completely destroyed the underside structure of the couch in the salon, it needs a total rebuild.

All of the adhesive has melted off the velcro strips on the back of the aft cabin cushions and it's created a real mess.

That's all so far :)
    You can store the table and legs under the salon couch. I had the same issue with the Velcro adhesive, get yourself a bottle of goo gone and it takes the sticky right off.
    2008 330EC
    As for the galley storage, I think I have two drawers and storage behind the TV.
    2008 330EC
    edited October 2019
    Sounds like you had better luck with the Goo Gone than I did.  It got me nowhere!  What a mess.

I'm also pretty certain that the salon table is missing :(
    edited October 2019
    How do I turn off the low level lighting in the v-berth?  I can't find a switch for it!

How do I remove the factory-installed TV in the aft area?

Has anyone added a proper light switch for the head?  The ceiling mount light is hokey.

I need to replace the microwave and I've seen some that are a perfect fit for the cut-out, any recommendations?

The down wash light switch is on the breaker panel.

The TV is mounted on a swing out door, I would think there are screws behind or try to lift and pull it off.

I believe this is the microwave that the previous owner of my boat installed (Double check the measurements). It fits the opening nicely, I just have to center it and put a lip on the cabinet so it won’t slide off.

https://www.lg.com/us/cooking-appliances/lg-LMC1575ST-counter-top-microwave-oven

2008 330EC
    @YYZRC good to hear about the VHF location.  I wondered about that myself.  

We store our table and legs under the salon couch.  Bummer about the missing table.  it's nicely finished wood (although small for the size of the boat and no fiddles)

Our AC drain pan is still good, but from following this site now for 2 years, rust-out is a common problem.  Poor design in drain so a little water always sits in it if you use it regularly.  We don't, and where you live, you may not either.

Agree on limited kitchen space.  This was a big disappointment for my wife.  Our 28' Bayliner had more.  But after using it 2 seasons we've gotten used to it.

We also had TERRIBLE problem with adhesives all over the back corner of mid cabin.  I found WD-40 worked good on the thinner glued sections, and I think I used Goo Gone on thicker areas. Even then I had to use Magic Eraser along with the products to scrub out the glue.  

Agree on light switch for head.  Difficult to reach for short people.
    @YYZRC another issue you may or may not have found is access to the anchor locker through the v-berth mirror.  Mirror is attached with commercial grade velcro.  Lots of it.  During boat survey, my surveyor and I could not get it off.  Feared shattering mirror.  After taking possession I worked at it carefully and finally removed it.  I also removed half the velcro off the back to make next time easier.  Next time I tried to get in, same problem.  So I removed half the remaining velcro again.    
    Spyderweb said:
    @YYZRC another issue you may or may not have found is access to the anchor locker through the v-berth mirror.  Mirror is attached with commercial grade velcro.  Lots of it.  During boat survey, my surveyor and I could not get it off.  Feared shattering mirror.  After taking possession I worked at it carefully and finally removed it.  I also removed half the velcro off the back to make next time easier.  Next time I tried to get in, same problem.  So I removed half the remaining velcro again.    
    Funny. I lifted the mirror slightly and saw all the Velcro and stopped. Thank you for the heads-up!
    Spyderweb said:
    @YYZRC good to hear about the VHF location.  I wondered about that myself.  

We store our table and legs under the salon couch.  Bummer about the missing table.  it's nicely finished wood (although small for the size of the boat and no fiddles)

Our AC drain pan is still good, but from following this site now for 2 years, rust-out is a common problem.  Poor design in drain so a little water always sits in it if you use it regularly.  We don't, and where you live, you may not either.

Agree on limited kitchen space.  This was a big disappointment for my wife.  Our 28' Bayliner had more.  But after using it 2 seasons we've gotten used to it.

We also had TERRIBLE problem with adhesives all over the back corner of mid cabin.  I found WD-40 worked good on the thinner glued sections, and I think I used Goo Gone on thicker areas. Even then I had to use Magic Eraser along with the products to scrub out the glue.  

Agree on light switch for head.  Difficult to reach for short people.
    I will try WD-40 next time I’m at the boat. I gave up on Goo Gone. The cushions were easier than the “walls” because I could let the Goo Gone soak in. 

Im hoping maybe the table is under the aft sofa. 
    aero3113 said:

The down wash light switch is on the breaker panel.

The TV is mounted on a swing out door, I would think there are screws behind or try to lift and pull it off.

I believe this is the microwave that the previous owner of my boat installed (Double check the measurements). It fits the opening nicely, I just have to center it and put a lip on the cabinet so it won’t slide off.

https://www.lg.com/us/cooking-appliances/lg-LMC1575ST-counter-top-microwave-oven

Thanks! It’s the aft TV I’m trying to remove. Odd that the switch is on the breaker panel!

That microwave looks good, will look it up!