Options

What did you do to your boat today

Comments

• Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 880 ✭✭✭
    I’ve generally had good luck with the spectrum product.  With white, I’ve never noticed enough of a color mismatch to be a concern.  My problem has been more of a skill of getting an smooth blending job in irregular places.  And I’ve often used the product a year or 2 later after opening jar with good results.
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spyderweb said:
    I’ve generally had good luck with the spectrum product.  With white, I’ve never noticed enough of a color mismatch to be a concern.  My problem has been more of a skill of getting an smooth blending job in irregular places.  And I’ve often used the product a year or 2 later after opening jar with good results.
    I found that you can’t apply too much and you need to use the plastic sheeting trick to get contours to match closely. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted a detailed thread on the old forum when I patched the dash on my 242, too bad all that info is gone. @YYZRC is right , the less you put on the easier it is to work with.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    “plastic sheeting trick...”. ??
  • Options
    You apply the gel and the take a piece of cellophane and place it over the fresh gel and mould it to the contour of the surface. You leave the cellophane in place while the gel dries. I think this was in the patch paste instructions. 
  • Options
    That does sound kinda familiar.  Never tried it though.  Will have to give it a shot the next time.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Didn't do all this today but complered it today:

Rebuilt both trim cylinders and flushed system found scraper was missing from outside inner seal on port side allowing slow water intrusion.

New gimball, oem sealed.  I replaced a greasable one.  New Sierra u joint bellow,  half sierra exhaust bellow. 

New oil feed valve as i forgot to remove it when I installed my gimball removal tool..ouch!!! I'm an idiot.

My engine was not aligned.  Noticed a loose port side rear mount bolt upon purchase. Snugged before first use and ran all summer.

Found one rear mount missing fiber washer. Found other mount missing the metal pig tail washer.   So new washer kits and my alignment is 100%.  One of my rear motor mount nuts stripped.  Luckily i had an old alpha transom laying around, slightly shorter but but correct size, she's together.  Can I brag a little about how easy it is to do work on the rear of the motor on an I6 compared to a v8? 

Supposed to get down to 30s this week at night.  I have not decided if i will hook up the hose and test run.  I'm thru hull cooled so i can run all system from a garden hose adapter. I also need to give her a good clean and wax, wash all the sheets and pillows.  I have lake fever. 

• Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    It still runs 

• Options
    Good news @69fastback !!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    she's alive!   I don't have any fancy data to show off, my motor is all 1965 technology.  I had to wiggle the flywheel pick up wires for the rpms to read.  
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    You do have the Radar 1000 though 😁

Also you have a full tank of gas and if you have a jacket you can take Honey Horneé anywhere. Hopefully you get the reference. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Well full tank of diesel.  I topped off the tank back when diesel was 1.80 a gallon...oh the good ole days 

Full disclosure, I can turn on the radar but I have no clue what it tells me.  

I also get what you said there!!!

After looking at some other bellow install pics I don't like how much rubber is exposed on my sierra bellow.  I ordered oem mercrusier, going to toss it on and see if I like it more.  It sucks doing this twice but better safe than sorry.  I have some time to kill as i can't launch this weekend and my 4runner diesel conversion is waiting on some custom adapter parts.  
  • Options
  • Options
    That's my water pick up adapter(thru hull only water pick up) I stretch this hose to the helm where I run the motor until I suck 4 gallons of pink stuff through the motor.  Then I kill it and call it winterized.  Much more difficult to do the holding tank and fresh water system.  
  • Options
    Installed the drives today.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just did a software upgrade on my VV903!  Going to dog more into its capabilities now. I can add tank levels for my water and black water tanks too on it. Good as Xintex-Fireboy no longer support the tank monitors. Wrapped up bottom painting with VC-17 too. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    benvenuttiokibenvenuttioki Member Posts: 128 ✭✭
    New canvas installed.

Before

After

• Options
  • Options
    Much better in the darker color. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Looks great @benvenuttioki - I love the black windshield frame as well! Summer project...!
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 934 ✭✭✭✭
    I went and got a couple new tires, pulled cover off and charged batteries. Season is here!
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Much sharper looking.  Good choice!
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    Unwrapped the back part so that I could work on it and get it ready to sell!! Can't undo the front yet as my eisenglass is out for repair.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to get other projects done before I can get back to the boat...room I'm making in the garage (90%) and then refinish the pool deck (1 weekend needed). I have started pulling seats out to get them redone, dont really have any major issues on the boat list, at the moment!
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    Looks great @benvenuttioki - I love the black windshield frame as well! Summer project...!
    Looks sharp!

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    I’m waxing the bottom side today. I highly recommend Meguiars Carnauba Plus paste wax. I used it last season also. It lasted all season goes on and comes off easily also. Last season I did it by hand, today I’m using a wheel.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    I use Meguiars carnuba 56 wax and love it.  Last year was the first time and was still amazing at end of season.  I may have to look at paste as well.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    shouldn't take me that long to wax this year since i moved down from the 270 to a 240 
  • Options
    shawnmjr said:
    A foam dispenser? 
    1997 Bayliner 3988