Options

Rinker 350/360 2007+ Random Topics

Comments

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was done by a pro. I have no skills. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    pcmpetepcmpete Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    Replaced the garbage POS ProMariner ProIsoCharge with a reliable product. Victron has a customer support team that answers emails - go figure!

Nice setup, you have both isolators feeding the house bank?
    Where do you have the cables from the charger?  it is hard to see in the photo?
    What voltage drop are you seeing?
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Yes the house is bridged between the two isolators.  One day I may integrate the inverter, but for now it is a totally separate circuit which does not share a common ground.

The charging cables are behind the cables to the batteries (you can't really see them because they're a lesser gauge).

I haven't done any experimenting yet.  Just wired it up and then got to work on the injectors.
  • Options
    pcmpetepcmpete Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    Yes the house is bridged between the two isolators.  One day I may integrate the inverter, but for now it is a totally separate circuit which does not share a common ground.

The charging cables are behind the cables to the batteries (you can't really see them because they're a lesser gauge).

I haven't done any experimenting yet.  Just wired it up and then got to work on the injectors.

My plan is to do something similar, but will two victrons 1alt 3 batteries. Looking for full redundancy.

Do you see anything wrong with my wiring diagram?
    Red arrows are 12+ volts
    Orange arrows are 12+ volts jumpers across the isolators
    Green arrows are from the charger.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    I pondered that approach as well. My only hesitation was that it would mask if an alternator wasn’t working. But that’s a small detail for sure. 

I am rarely anchored more than 45 minutes (running time) from the marina so the amount of charge I get from the alternators is not significant in the grand scheme. I leave the dock fully charged (shore power) and I never run the boat while anchored. 
    Post edited by YYZRC on
  • Options
    tricountytrailtricountytrail Member Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Anyone have the sizes of the orings or a part number on these cooling lines to the cool fuel module. I have a slight leak and want to replace them.

• Options
    Added a flag!

• Options
    I found this flexible plastic cap in the V of the engine when changing out the injectors. It looks like it was laying there when the block was painted. Any idea what it is? It’s about 1” tall and 5/8” wide at the base. Hollow. 

• Options
    Something wonky with cylinder #8. Hopefully just a bad plug. 

• Options
    I have leaky steering pins that I need to deal with over the winter. The problem is exacerbated by adding 550 pounds of dinghy to the swim platform. I added a timer to my diaphragm pump so now the pump will run for 2 mins every three hours to clear the bilge. Total of about $50 in parts from Amazon. 

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that @YYZRC !!
    Where did you plumb the hose for that pump?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    @aero3113 I have it running out the thru hull for the cockpit sink drain. Originally I had it running through a tee but since I cut out the sink it now runs direct. 

I got power from the bilge pump circuit. 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,587 mod
    Nice.  BTW your Octopus drive looks very shiny and pretty.  Mine started to corrode before I even took it out of the box.  
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    It sure is a nice paperweight. Spent two months troubleshooting it with CMP and they gave up and stopped trying to help. I later figured out that it was their proprietary rudder sensor and now I’m too frustrated to buy one and try to get it working. 
  • Options
    I never got their lame rudder sensor to work, so I added a Raymarine sensor.
  • Options
    Corral42Corral42 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    This is a project I hope to never do again. I can’t even believe I got it done. But the shower sump had to be replaced. 
  • Options
    Corral42Corral42 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    LaRea said:
    I never got their lame rudder sensor to work, so I added a Raymarine sensor.
    Did you tie it into the Raymarine mfd? 
  • Options
    Yes, the rudder sensor is on the SeaTalk network.  The autopilot and MFD can both see it.  I'd recommend a rudder sensor for any boat, even with no autopilot.  Being able to see the rudder position when docking is really helpful.
  • Options
    Agreed with @LaRea - I have the Merc rudder sensor with VV and it’s awesome. 
  • Options
    Mounted a winch in the bow of the dinghy. Now I don’t have to fuss with the Hurley winch which is at best a nuisance. 

• Options
    edited September 2022
    2022 Boating Season Upgrades List

- Hardtop retrofit
    - New canvas
    - New swim platform extension with Hurley H3O+
    - New oversized cockpit fridge and custom storage cabinet
    - Added Victron inverter setup with lithium battery and MultiPlus II
    - New hull liner
    - New cabin flooring
    - Changed cockpit accent color from brown to grey
    - Transom locker storage rack
    - Reconfigured drawer under galley sink to pull out instead of flip down
    - New storage door under helm seat
    - Removed starboard shore power inlets
    - New alternators
    - New isolator
    - New teak cockpit table
    - Added TV to aft cabin
    - Sound deadening in V under AC unit
    - Anchor locker gas spring
    - Added transducer
    - New fuel injectors
    - Replaced shower sump with diaphragm pump
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    That’s it. 

• Options
    I’m surprised that no one ever uses safety straps on a travel lift. One of the straps can easily fail and the boat is done.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    @aero3113 what do you mean by safety straps?  In the low-dollar marinas around here, I've never seen anything different from the photo posted by @YYZRC.  It's a given that strap fail = loss of boat.  
  • Options
    What I was saying is I’m surprised that safety straps aren’t used. I’ve never see them either. You would think it’s a no brainer to have something to protect the boat if one does fail. Would be easy to swing two “safety straps” bow and stern…. 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Even just something as simple as this bow and stern.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    echandler1971echandler1971 Member Posts: 165 ✭✭

Shoulda done this a long time ago. The metal step was LaRea’s idea. The landing was mine. 
    Dan of Steel
    '05 Rinker 360 Fiesta Vee
  • Options
    I would guess muscling those straps around is already arduous. Marina insurance would cover accidents. 
  • Options
    GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 871 ✭✭✭
    In Ontario they have to inspected annually and replaced after 5 years or so of use.