Options

NHL hockey thread

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,464 admin
    @Dream_Inn Happy birthday to your son. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,573 mod
    raybo3 said:
    @Dream_Inn Happy birthday to your son. 
    Thanks Raybo!  18 is a pretty big one.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    @Dream_Inn when I turned 18 the legal drinking age changed to 18 then when it I turned 20 it changed to 20 and now its 21. I was lucky....lol. Yes 18 is a biggie. God bless him (and everyone in the family) and God keep him safe. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raybo3 said:
    @Dream_Inn when I turned 18 the legal drinking age changed to 18 then when it I turned 20 it changed to 20 and now its 21. I was lucky....lol. Yes 18 is a biggie. God bless him (and everyone in the family) and God keep him safe. 
    I was drinking at 16. Thank god for drive thrus. LOL
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,585 mod
    edited May 2021
    On my 18th birthday, my dad took me to a bar in Alexandria to buy my triumphant First Legal Drink.  The barkeep looked at my ID and said:  "The legal age is 18, but this bar doesn't serve under 21.  Happy birthday, and get your as$ out of here."
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well looks like the Pens have our number again. Shades of the past??
  • Options
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jarry can be great at times.  Lost another defenseman last night. So much for a healthy playoff run.

• Options
    ... So much for a healthy playoff run ...
    Said every team, ever.  But Jarry had all the answers in that game.  
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    The second time the pens franchise hoisted the cup lemieux was not on the ice.  The injury bug might be a good thing, the pens are playing better without Malkin

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raybo3 said:
    I have to say it was a bit weird when two months ago at 19 (legal drinking age here) was able to go to the liquor store and buy his own booze.  Definitely a "pause" moment in life.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Tonight the Capitals visit Madison Square Garden, just 11 minutes away from the Embroidery Capital of the World, Secaucus NJ!  
  • Options
    You guys didn't have a fake I.D.?  I was a regular at local wild wing cafe for a good year or more before I turned 21.  You should have seen the look on the face of my regular waitress when I came in with a group of people for my 21st birthday. 

Also, why are the pens letting the Flyers kill them?
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys didn't have a fake I.D.?  I was a regular at local wild wing cafe for a good year or more before I turned 21.  You should have seen the look on the face of my regular waitress when I came in with a group of people for my 21st birthday. 

Also, why are the pens letting the Flyers kill them?
    Fake ID and penciled real ID here. Me and a friend got rejected one night, we went to my house and changed got in the second time 😂.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Lol, lucky!  The one place I got busted with the fake I.D. they gave me 2 options.  They could keep the ID to throw away or they could have me talk to the cop on duty there.   I chose option 1.  They still let me in but I marked me as under 21
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,573 mod
    The CAPS sure made a good comeback last night.  Down all those players and still made a decent showing (except 2nd period).

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    I know ... missing Ovi, Oshie, Kuznetzov, Samarov and Schultz, and they held it together.  Harsh night for the locals, as the Rangers are now officially out of the playoffs.
  • Options
    Is anyone else expecting the Rangers to dress a player capable of taking Wilson's head off tonight?  

I love hard nosed hockey but slamming a player's head against the ice when his helmet is off is way over the line.  

Im not a blue shirts fan but I respect their statement standing up for their players.  

• Options
    But it's okay for Crosby to climb onto Konecny's back and slam his head face-first into the ice a couple times.  Totally different.  
  • Options
    Konencny had a helmet on.  At no time did Crosby Crosby use an opponents hair to grab an opponent during his scuffle.  Konencny had already yanked off Crosby's helmet during the scuffle.  What Crosby did warranted an extra penalty, there was no intention to hurt the other player aka take him out of the game.  Crosby is strong enough where if he wanted to hurt him, Konencny was in a venerable enough position where Crosby could have.  It was a hockey scrum.  

Then let's look at past issues with the players, how many times has Crosby been fined/suspended for hits up high, targeting another players head?   When was the last time you saw Crosby's feet leave the ice to land a check?   Crosby and Ovi get away with antagonizing and slashing other players that others can't get away with.  They are their teams #1 so other players get paid to get under their skin, they are going to retaliate but rarely does Crosby's retaliation lead to anyone getting seriously hurt outside of feelings on Twitter.

Wilson is a good enough player that he doesn't have to play like the 1970s broad street bullys to make the team.   He just chooses to keep doing so.

• Options
    It's a shame we won't get to enjoy Crosby v. Ovi again this season.  In Round 1, the #2 Caps will fall to the #3 Bruins in six games, while the #1 Pens will soundly beat the #4 Islanders in five.  You heard it here first.  

Any other predictions for Round 1?  @raybo3?
  • Options
    @LaRea no I don't have a prediction I like yours...lol But I agree with @PickleRick, Wilson is a bag of crap and he should have been suspended. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Pens will be lucky to get past the Islanders.  They too often play down to the level of whoever they are playing. Maybe they feel the Steelers shouldn't be the only team in Pittsburgh to do so?  How do you dismantle teams like the caps or Bruins only to lose to the Flyers and buffalo? When they play a good game they dominate long stretches of the game leaving the other team with nothing but shooting room from the point.  When they play bad they give up 4 goals, gift wrapped with odd man plays, in a single period.

I think it's Colorado and Tampa playing to win it all. 

• Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭
    The guy they say is the leader of the free world just said "Phily fans are the most obnoxious in the world "
  • Options
    Finally, they are getting the recognition they so rightfully deserve!   :D
  • Options
    Philly fans are only a hair worse than Clemson fans.
  • Options
    I believe the full quote is:  "Philadelphia fans are the most informed, most obnoxious fans in the world."
  • Options
    Rangers and caps started off as expected tonight
  • Options
    The Rangers team conduct in tonight's game was a gdddamn embarrassment.  What a bunch of crybabies.  And Buch, leaving the ice to make a cross-check to the face ... let's see how that goes down.  
  • Options
    You expected a different outcome? When the front office sends out a public statement calling for the head of player safety to resign you can expect a few fighters in the line up the next time the two teams meet.  

The retaliation is usually worse than the original offense.  

Wilson took out the Rangers start forward then gloated about it in the box.

Any team would do the exact same if a goon hockey player took out their start hockey player.  

The sad part is this was all avoidable, Wilson should have been suspended.