Options

NHL hockey thread

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,464 admin
    In the old days of hockey Wilson would of had the shaft of someone's stick across his teeth. Wilson is a total disgrace and should have been suspended. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    The front office and coaching staff always defend Wilson.  Then when Reeves took him out they cried about it when it was an absolute Wilson type hit.

Sadly Reeves did it in a Vegas sweater.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruins would take Wilson in a heartbeat 
  • Options
    I dont want him. Wilson is what is wrong in the league. If he just played good clean, hard nosed hockey he would be fine but noooo he has to be a dirty cheap shot artist. He should have been suspended. He only wants hurt people. Like I said before he is a bag of crap. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,573 mod
    Couldn't have said it better! :smile:  Rangers coach should've been embarrassed to think that was his team.  If you don't like the way things went, you really think that is the right way to retaliate?  

how about Oshie!  Sure was a great game to get the hat trick!  Was a great way to honor "coach"!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,585 mod
    If "The Code" says that Wilson has to fight, fine.  Send a tough guy to fight Wilson.  Then send another one in the second period.  But three guys dropping the mittens on the opening faceoff?  Six fights in the first five minutes?  

This is the Rangers last night.
    Breaking Bad Crying GIF
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Rick your right on ,The league should have suspended him long ago 
  • Options
    He draws fans. Even Lundquist got fined 5G for squirting water on Crosby. Ridicules!!!
  • Options
    Game opening face off boxing matches are nothing new to hockey when a team is retaliating.  Its not been common since the 90s but it's part of hockey. When the NHL won't handle the matter properly things can and will escalate on the ice. The caps stood behind and defended Wilson's play as they always do.  

It was 100% justified by the Rangers, not many teams would have handled it differently.  

Call it crying but the Rangers made their point.  Teams used to keep an enforcer or two on payroll just for such games.  When you take out another teams star player then taunt them from the ice you had better be prepared for a wwe style brawl at the next match up between teams.

In hockey you protect your teammates and fighting is used to both settle scores and boost team moral.  A young team that's struggling like the Rangers is a team that needed that brawl to do both.  

• Options
    I can't believe guys that I respect for their intelligence (just by their comments on this forum) would condone what Wilson has done and what he stands for. To hit people and ragdoll people and to purposely hurt people blows my mind. Players play a dangerous game but they shouldn't have to fear for their life. That bag of crap should have been suspended and last night would never have happened  NO I DON'T WANT HIM ON MY TEAM
  • Options
    Wilson is coming for Marchand next!!
  • Options
    Well, I tried to pivot to a discussion about playoff predictions, but you guys wouldn't let it drop.  I'm done talking about the Rangers and Wilson.  
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Caps have so many guys out they wont do anything
  • Options
    I just watched the Wilson fight again and it seems to me he laid a very soft open hand pat on the back of his head. The guy got right back up. Then Panarin bread jumps on Wilson’s back. Are we talking about the same fight?
  • Options
    It's diesel hard tops all over again!!!
  • Options
    Did anyone else see where the Rangers were fined 250k for calling for the NHL saftey commissioner to resign from his job?

Also, Russian machine puts out this news story with a pic of Wilson right out of a life time movie.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    For those not familiar Russian machine never something or other is a communist propaganda media outlet for the caps.  😝😝😝

Anyone remember the 90s all russian line from the redwings? Back when they were in the western conference, i believe Scottie Bowman was the coach.  They were a cup favorite year in and year out.  Detroit got Russian players back when there was fear the Russian mob would assisiante players who left the khl to come play in the NHL.  Real interesting read if you take the time to go back on the players that made the Soviets so hard to play against,  was a huge deal when they started coming here to play. 
  • Options
    Hey, russianmachineneverbreaks.com is unbiased and totally 100% scientific fact.  They report, you decide.  NOT!   :D
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I wonder how many guys other than us have read their articles?  It's always an interesting read, especially when we meet up in the playoffs.   They are passionate hockey fans, even if they are a little bias. 
  • Options
    @PickleRick what's local media saying about Jarry?  Hope it's not a bad injury.

Caps are starting Anderson in goal tonight.  Nothing like making it interesting for the last two games!  LET'S GO CAPS!
  • Options
    Awesome quote from Syd Kennedy on SBNation about the Rangers v. Caps line fight.  "This is the hockey world’s rough equivalent to witnessing a whale surface while watching the ocean, or seeing two people on the internet agree about something." 

That's great writing!

Also, a reader commented that I'm one of those people who "
    get off drinking the juice from the bottom of garbage bags."  So I've got that going for me.   :) 
  • Options
    @LaRea could you imagine me and Handy agreeing on something....lol
  • Options
    Pens are down with Jerry and DeSmith the #1 and 2 goalies but Sullivan says they will be ready game one.  It's a wait and see situation.  I believe Jerry is reported as an upper body injury.  

The kid(who's not a kid) came in and got a shut out so I was pleased.  A 1-0 game for a newbie is s huge win.
  • Options
    Pens clinched the metro with a win today and the O/T win by the caps. Caps needed to win today and next in regulation to clench. Been a few years since they clinched their division.  
  • Options
    What a strange Caps game.  By the end of it, they were missing seven top players:  Ovi, Backstrom, Carlson, Kuznetsov, Samsonov, Oshie and Wilson.  
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    blues a pretty color
  • Options
    So do do the Bruins want in round one? Caps or pens?

Caps seem to have some internal team issues brewing or is all the covid protocal violation talk just hot hair?
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I think the Caps have 2nd place rapped up so they may be resting players. 

Can anyone explain the playoff structure this year.???
  • Options
    Resting?  First place would have meant home ice advantage.  Check the win-loss record for teams playing in Pittsburgh this year.  It's not good.  

@PickleRick I have no clue what's going on with the COVID thing.  But it's not the first time this year for Kuzy and Samsonov.  
  • Options
    Craig Anderson looked good