Options

Virus

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    javhav said:
    New York marinas and boat ramps OFFICIALLY  closed smh😭
    @javhav , can you send me any info on this?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    javhavjavhav Member Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
    aero3113 said:
    javhav said:
    New York marinas and boat ramps OFFICIALLY  closed smh😭
    @javhav , can you send me any info on this?
    https://www.wkbw.com/news/coronavirus/new-york-state-deems-golf-courses-are-non-essential
  • Options
    Oh boy, not good. Hopefully it’s just till the end of April.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    @aero3113 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    So what happens if you have your boat in the water .who can check on it 
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭
    Been a long time since $1.29 too

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orlando just announced keeping all businesses closed through until June. At some point, we are going to have to open back up and deal with this....we can wear masks, we can maintain some distances and still work and have an economy.
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GMSLITHO said:
    So what happens if you have your boat in the water .who can check on it 
    We are in the same situation in Ontario. All of the local marina's have put out notices that while they are closed to the public they have a limited staff checking on boats, security etc. But nothing in the water here yet anyway, most marina's don't launch until 3d week of April to May 1st. So everything on the hard still.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    I am one of the lucky one's.  Admiral is a Cosmetologist.  Just got a cut yesterday.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Willhound said:
    This island Is directly in front of my marine harts island i think there's a million people buried there.  The island looks beautiful but has a dark history but a great strip bass fishing area 
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭
    Time to OPEN this Country back up!!!!!!  We gave it 3 weeks, and much more will break more than 50% of all business here.  Practice common sense like ALL sick people should do. Stay home if you're SICK.   
    Closing the lakes is the dumbest move possible!  They preach social distancing, then don't let us do it?  BULLCRAP. I'm beyond fed up. Can you tell?  lol 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    This would prob be not a great time to open it back up... we're just seeing signs that we're getting ahead of it. Don't forget about those videos from other countries where the health system collapsed and 1000's die when they don't have to! A friends uncle died yesterday from it. Def still a real threat. 
  • Options
    I'm so confused!
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭
    There have many, many lies exposed about this Virus.  Practically every death in this country right now, is being given credit from it.  This country won't stay home forever, and shouldn't have to.  Full economic collapse will happen. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Buddy, I go back and forth...so the more recent pendimicks  affected so few countries...this is in 184....if this rolls through Africa where you have to go 600 miles to find a tent much less a doctor...I sure don't have the answeres..
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets pop some beers and hit the water
  • Options
    That's the best plan yet my friend...
  • Options
    Well I just found out a confirmed case is at my work.  The person was working for at least the past 2 weeks up until April 6th.  Finally decided to get tested I guess and found out positive.  That means they exposed a ton of people.  Luckily I've been work from home for a while so not worried.  But I sure as **** aren't going back to work anytime soon.  **** that.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    If we didn't do social distancing or shut anything down then we would still be moving approximately 1000 of our employees everyday 5 days a week in a tin can of recirculated air and you can guarantee that would spread like wildfire and we are just one company. Then all of those people would have also orts of contact outside of that and remember the death rate on this is close to 4% and the flu which everyone seems to want to compare to is only about . 1% that is Point 1 percent just to be clear. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Aqua_Aura said:
    If we didn't do social distancing or shut anything down then we would still be moving approximately 1000 of our employees everyday 5 days a week in a tin can of recirculated air and you can guarantee that would spread like wildfire and we are just one company. Then all of those people would have also orts of contact outside of that and remember the death rate on this is close to 4% and the flu which everyone seems to want to compare to is only about . 1% that is Point 1 percent just to be clear. 
    I have been seeing lots of "Lets get back to work" posts from all over the web today. It's worrying for sure. We can't take ONE LITTLE BIT Of good news coming out from NY and think it's time. The reason why the numbers aren't hitting their targets is because people took this seriously. If we back down now it'll just fire right back up. Even my parents (in their 70's) went out food shopping today. In the #1 hot zone in CT. Can't believe it. 
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    Aqua_Aura said:
    Aqua_Aura said:
    The company I fly for put big restriction on their employees flying so now we are just moving all of their freight since the airlines have cut back so many flights and they used to do it. It's all essential cargo as it is used to make everything that is a computer and all the medical field devices use it. 
    I know several carriers are doing that, but we haven’t shown any interest and on top of that, we are still taking new aircraft deliveries and have new hire classes continuing through this month. Seems like management is really rolling the dice thinking this will recover quickly. If it doesn’t, it’s going to be bad.  
    We are a corporate fleet flying our own cargo that used to go on the airlines. I'm surprised to hear that you have new hire class I assumed everything had been stopped. 
    Most places have. We have not. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    It's definitely getting worse here in MD!  I agree with most things to close down.  I'm just not sure about boating.  The thing is, no matter what you do, there will be those people that just won't care and get sick and spread it.  

One thing I really don't understand.  Why is landscaping essential?  Every single day I see at least 2 or 3 landscaping trucks in my neighborhood.  Come on!!  The other is ice cream places, like coldstone creamery.  Again, really?  just grab a half gallon (not really that size anymore) from the grocery store and eat it at home.  (it has sure made our kids happy - me too :) )

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Dream_Inn said:
    It's definitely getting worse here in MD!  I agree with most things to close down.  I'm just not sure about boating.  The thing is, no matter what you do, there will be those people that just won't care and get sick and spread it.  

One thing I really don't understand.  Why is landscaping essential?  Every single day I see at least 2 or 3 landscaping trucks in my neighborhood.  Come on!!  The other is ice cream places, like coldstone creamery.  Again, really?  just grab a half gallon (not really that size anymore) from the grocery store and eat it at home.  (it has sure made our kids happy - me too :) )
    Why are people thinking we are good to start back up? When data like this comes out... https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/04/11/coronavirus-latest-news/ 

If the numbers are correct people are still dying in mass numbers from this thing... 
  • Options
    People are selfish that's why
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    I think landscapers are essential because of the tick problem. Tall grass and no one spraying can cause more health issues.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Kids in NYC are staying home till Sept. just announced. 
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    Kids in NYC are staying home till Sept. just announced. 
    Yea, I’m sure it will be all NY schools shortly. 
    2008 330EC