Options

Virus

Comments

• Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    I’m taking a stand and not shaving/cutting/grooming of any sorts until this corona crap is out of here(or at least until my wife goes back to work!!!). 
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m taking a stand and not shaving/cutting/grooming of any sorts until this corona crap is out of here(or at least until my wife goes back to work!!!). 
    I wish I had that option but I have to shave for work. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't stand down wind from diggin!
  • Options
    I can grow a beard for work and I did have a gotee for a bit...seemed like I had another pet  to take care of and one morning triming it and getting all the crap out of it- gone, never looked back. Made me look older too- one customer said I looked mean!
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    Very nice. I broke a shaft coupler on my CNC. Just ordered a couple new ones. Got the 'spider' version this time as they are supposed to be better.

I cut my own hair last weekend with the clippers but I'm already ugly so couldn't hurt...lol
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Needed a haircut before this hit.. need it even worse now ... 

Everyone is required to wear masks now anywhere inside... 

I decided to order food on instacart and worked on buffing and waxing the boat instead... 

• Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    Somehow the flow has to stop coming out of China...who knows what that solution is...
    We all wanted the cheap goods starting 40 years and had China make everything. We are now paying for those decisions. They are looking like heroes now saving the world with their manufacturing strength. All countries will have to take a hard look at where they are sourcing products moving forward. We have a local textile factory (100 years old)that was just given a federal order to produce hospital gowns worth a few million dollars. They are able to start producing next week. That's how you do it....bring it back home!. To heck with their 5G as well.....don't trust them.
  • Options
    earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    I would hope that we as Americans ( consumers in general) change our buying habits from here on out. we can make it here in the states and be self reliant. If it costs more so be it. it will be worth every penny the next time something similar happens.
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,570 mod
    Well, I like that my iphone costs "only" $700.  American companies can't even dream of building one for that price.  

And now we're almost back to where I tuned out of this thread a few weeks ago!
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone heard from @Handymans342 ? Haven’t seen him post in a while.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,570 mod
    Handy says he loves each and every one of you, especially @raybo3.
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    Handy is taking a break. I feel he will be back. Give him a few weeks. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    700 I phone...I have a 45 Samsung Walmart phone and for the life of me don't understand what my grand daughters I phones do that mine won't. And when it dies, pitch it and buy another...still from China however..
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    I have to shave too, because it’s a safety thing, but my hair is getting out of control and I’m still going to work. Here is how Newark and Baltimore look. 
  • Options
    Oh, and there’s Vegas. 
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty crazy pictures @69fastback
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    Wow!  Thanks for the pics @69fastback

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    I had my first passenger on board yesterday. Had to fly like a "professional pilot" they think I am. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    We’ve been hauling around 15-20 it seems like. Now I’m sitting in Vegas on reserve. I’m R18 and we’ve canceled all red eyes, so I’m sitting out here for nothing. We have 0 flights over my reserve period. 
  • Options
    The company I fly for put big restriction on their employees flying so now we are just moving all of their freight since the airlines have cut back so many flights and they used to do it. It's all essential cargo as it is used to make everything that is a computer and all the medical field devices use it. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    diggin, ingenious. Way to go!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those pictures definitely show how this is giving the economy a good kick in the gut.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭
    Those are some Twilight Zone pics.
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭
    shawnmjr said:
    What iPhone costs $700? My iPhone was like $1200. 
    Rumor is the new iPhone SE 2020 will be released soon. MSRP $400. It'll have an iPhone 11 processor, size of an iPhone 8. I have the original SE and love it. Fits in any pocket easily.
  • Options
    Aqua_Aura said:
    The company I fly for put big restriction on their employees flying so now we are just moving all of their freight since the airlines have cut back so many flights and they used to do it. It's all essential cargo as it is used to make everything that is a computer and all the medical field devices use it. 
    I know several carriers are doing that, but we haven’t shown any interest and on top of that, we are still taking new aircraft deliveries and have new hire classes continuing through this month. Seems like management is really rolling the dice thinking this will recover quickly. If it doesn’t, it’s going to be bad.  
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of airplanes, nobody's talking about the 737 MAX anymore...!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    I still have an iPhone 6S plus that i bought new about 4 years ago. i think it was about $1000 back then. haven't got a new one cause i can't stand the thought of paying that for a phone again
  • Options
    javhavjavhav Member Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
    New York marinas and boat ramps OFFICIALLY  closed smh😭
  • Options
    Aqua_Aura said:
    I know several carriers are doing that, but we haven’t shown any interest and on top of that, we are still taking new aircraft deliveries and have new hire classes continuing through this month. Seems like management is really rolling the dice thinking this will recover quickly. If it doesn’t, it’s going to be bad.  
    We are a corporate fleet flying our own cargo that used to go on the airlines. I'm surprised to hear that you have new hire class I assumed everything had been stopped. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    javhav said:
    New York marinas and boat ramps OFFICIALLY  closed smh😭
    Just went out on the Columbia river today and there was quite a few people out there. Sucks that it's all closed but I get it. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988