• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it is Florida. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    I have been all over Florida from the keys to the panhandle and everywhere in between and it is a very different place even from within its own boundaries. I don't mean that in a bad way it's just really unique.
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Finally came across a website that give fairly up-to-date stats which are searchable and sortable...

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

What I like is you can easily sort and see incidents per million population (i.e. per capita) rates and South Dakota, with no shelter in place restrictions, is doing worse (in positive cases) than Florida, Nevada, or California.

Politicians should be required to pass a statistics class before qualifying for office.
  • Options
    I use that website and I look at percentage and per capita statistics for everything I do. Total numbers don't mean much for comparison in anything. 

I especially hate it when the stock markets gets news saying the biggest movement up or down and their just looking at the number not the percentage. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    TonyG13 said:

Politicians should be required to pass a statistics class before qualifying for office.
    I did stats in Lean Expert training and learnt you can make anything bad and failing not look so with the right model. Giving them a stats class only allows them to learn how to tell lies more with quantitative proof :)

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad it doesn't show hospitalization rates.  Ontario's stats are garbage because they don't allow you to do any trend analysis without saving each day's data, but they do include hospitalizations and ICU stats.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus#section-0

My parents live in a small town.  Weeks ago, they canceled all surgeries and discharged everyone who was fit to be discharged in anticipation of a big wave of virus victims.  They're still waiting...  :#
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,573 mod
    YYZRC said:
    My parents live in a small town.  Weeks ago, they canceled all surgeries and discharged everyone who was fit to be discharged in anticipation of a big wave of virus victims.  They're still waiting...  :#
    Well, I guess you can be thankful it's not bad.  My wife works in the hospital and they are had cancelled all surgeries for the 2 floors she works on weeks ago & now they are completely full of COVID patients.  They are now beginning to fill a 3rd floor as well.  Tents are outside for overflow soon. 

Good luck & I hope the surgery goes well when they do get back in to do it. :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:

Son in Bozeman MT needed emergency surgery a few weeks ago just as it was ramping up and he said it was so quiet in there. It was like the docs were happy to do something...

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    It's a different story all over the country isn't it? NYC where you have people crawling over each other like ants has a different result than Billings Montana.....so they will open back up differently. Some of the ramps are opening that were closed...talking of opening the schools back up...I wonder how much was spread with the Superbowl? I think that was a bad decision to let that happen but we do have a trumpster  governor...South Florida is just blowing up with it...orange county/Orlando which has a lot of poor and congested living theme park workers who now have zip to do but get infected...crazy times...
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually got to go into work today for a little bit, the boss wanted all the systems checked on the G650. It’s been sitting for a month. Luckily no issues! The plane is now back in the hangar with a “special” parking procedure performed so it can sit for another month.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I'm at work in the hangar getting ready to leave. We're not allowed to show any pictures, some real top secret stuff happening here 😏

Sweet mask! 

Also don't text and walk, lesson learned. I just ran into the wing. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Yea, we’re not supposed to show tail numbers but it’s out in plain sight for everyone in the world to see.....
    I have a video from the hangar cameras of my coworker walking looking at his phone and walked right into a wing, it knocked him to the ground. Could’ve been really bad (he was ok) but was hilarious to watch.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    What kind of top secret stuff we talking here???
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rasbury it a secert dont tell. B)
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    I won't tell...I just want to know!
  • Options
    It's a secret...you wouldn't understand. Who can name the show that's from? 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    If your at a Gulfstream maintenance facility, your not supposed to take any pictures. If you do and they catch you they ask you to stop and delete them. I was told there were a few people that posted pics to social media and were banned from visiting any Gulfstream facility.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    I assumed we were talking government stuff...we have a "training" facility near our airport...lots of military vehicles that never move. Never see anyone in town with uniforms....I think it's a cia base of some sort. This airport is an old ww2 base with long runways....very suspicious...
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aero3113 said:
    I actually got to go into work today for a little bit, the boss wanted all the systems checked on the G650. It’s been sitting for a month. Luckily no issues! The plane is now back in the hangar with a “special” parking procedure performed so it can sit for another month.

That’s not a N95 mask!! Is that Rush Limbaugh’s plane???
  • Options
    Actually it is an N95 I’m not sure if it’s an older model but I had a few in my tool box at home.

2008 330EC
  • Options

Rush Limbaugh owns a G550 (I manage one of those also, not his). 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    It has 2 straps, I just didn’t have them separated.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    I just found 2 of these N95’s also in my tool box.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Just got my PPP loan
  • Options
    Are you hiring? I can be your FL consultant...
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terry Hanretty, the Steelers qb before Bradshaw was diagnosed with covid 19.  He was a few years older than my dad.  I cant remember if Handretty was in my aunt or uncles class.  The Hanretty family were neighbors in Butler, PA. 

I may be spelling his name wrong. 

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,464 admin
    @PickleRick I remember Terry Hanratty playing. Hope he is OK.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com