Options

CIVID Boating

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,631 mod
    Meanwhile, I have a team of guys in southern Arizona for work ... it was 108F on Tuesday.  
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Found a new deserted sand bar today
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    J3ff at least now when I see your posts.you really seem to be enjoying the boat a lot more with a dry bilge and a first mate  looks like your really enjoying yourself......
    it’s snowing here 
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just gad flurries here 🙄. Enjoy! ⚓️
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forget that Jeff had all the transom issues. May he be blessed with great boating weather and all the bikinis hanging on the railing he wants. 😆
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @J3ff are you going to catch any lobster when the mini season hits in about 6 weeks? 
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    ha ha, thanks guys, the boat actually still needs a little work... gotta swap the gimbal bearing again, it obviously got some kind of water in there between replacing it the first time and the final transom fix, or the engine needs to be aligned, but going to hold off till June because it's going to come out then for the summer - if the summer plan is still going to happen, who knows...for now I'm not taking it more than 10 mins from the dock. There's really no need to at this point, the party sand bar is 25 mins away and can take the jetski if really needed, but I heard all of Miami was there today, no need to go risk getting some CV19 just to look at some girls. 

Rick, not a fan of sea food and if I went for lobster it'd have to be from a cold water place! These ones down here don't look very tasty!!
  • Options

This is a harbor freight 15 dollar piano dolly, some,  (2) 8 ft 2x4s,  some 90 degree brackets and 5 bucks of hardware.  Allows easy single handed leg removal.  You need a smooth surface, a sheet of plywood would suffice, for rolling the dolly.

A cheap ebay alignment bar is about 45 bucks.

Auto parts stores rent slide hammers, you just need to buy a few washers to put on the end to grip the lip of the gimball.  

• Options
    That’s one old outdrive 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Its a 1989 i believe.  Its a volvo penta 290.  One stout outdrive if i ever do a diesel conversion. Can be converted to a duo prop foot if wanted as well.  In a twin set up reverse and forward can be switched so a counter rotating motor is not necessary.   Could handle a 300 hp diesel.  Takes sae hd 30wt oil in the case as well making maintenance cheap. 

This was the last of the bullet proof vp outdrives. 

Has some cosmetic corrosion but has never seen salt water.    
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was my exact set up right down to harbor freight. Good thing I held on to it...out drive has to come back off...
  • Options
    That sucks @rasbury. I hate doing something a second time.  Luckily if that is all that's leaking you can be back in the water in a day.  
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had the practice run..will order new bellows...Al says to use a Merc adhesive and clamp...so I will take his recommend in that and hopefully have better luck. It ran good, about time for new plugs and wires...
  • Options
    My yacht club's fuel dock sells 87 E10 for only a few cents above retail.  Unfortunately, retail here is almost two bucks a gallon.  I don't know where you guys are seeing $1.25, but it's not here in the DC area!  

• Options
    My coworker sent me this pic, this was on the water last week. Crazy! 😳

2008 330EC
  • Options
    South Carolina has among the cheapest taxes on fuel in the nation.

Diesel at the local Wal-Mart is 1.89 while most other stations are 2.30-2.50
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,597 mod
    We have $1.58 at Sam's club.  I think it was a little over $2 on the water, but I have 300 gallons to burn thru first!👍

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Yep water on the lake is 4.25 New York tax 
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took the boat for a ride today and the fuel dock was $3.09 in RI( don't need fuel boat is still 3/4)Then payed $1.64 in truck on the way home.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    2.24 @ the dock table rock
  • Options
    GMSLITHO said:
    Yep water on the lake is 4.25 New York tax 
    Why is water so expensive! LoL!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 806 ✭✭✭
    Still about $2.10/gallon here in western PA. We have one of the highest gas taxes in the country. In our 5 years of boating fuel on the river has always been $4.99/gallon. Not sure what it will be this season. I drive about 20 miles away to Ohio and pay about $1.30/gallon there.
  • Options
    Much of Ohio's economy was based on LeBron James.  Cheap fuel prices are a reflection of the impact on their economy when he left.

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Costco and Fred Meyer where I always fuel is still about 2.35 in Oregon and Washington hasn't budged more than a few cents in a couple months. 😟
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭
    The little 232 will GPS about 54 with the 350 Mag. 
    @69fastback Do you have the 28's with Bravo3?  I have 24's with mine, because of elevation, and can top out around 46 on the lake I frequent.  
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    Mount Vernon, home of the Father of our Country.  Absent the usual Saturday crowd of visitors, of course.  

Where are the slave quarters?
  • Options
    At Monticello.  
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    At Monticello.  
    I thought they tore them down to build Nats Park lol
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    Lake_Bum said:
    The little 232 will GPS about 54 with the 350 Mag. 
    @69fastback Do you have the 28's with Bravo3?  I have 24's with mine, because of elevation, and can top out around 46 on the lake I frequent.  
    Mine has 28s, but it really needs something like a 24. It’ll only turn 4200 RPMs WOT and trimmed up. Is yours a CC? Wouldn’t it be a little heavier than my BR to begin with?
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marinas in Ontario will likely open on Saturday!!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/covid-19-ontario-reopening-plan-draft-1.5568218

I am scheduled to splash tomorrow  :# 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay