Options

Happy Spring!

Comments

• Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    and Will just so you know Im a trans vaccinated person 
    I was born into a non vaccinated body but I identify as a vaccinated person 
    and my pronouns are Vax and V 
  • Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    Well, the upside to the trucker vax mandates coming into effect this weekend for Canada (and next week, I believe, for the US) is that we won't have to hoard toilet paper because we won't be eating.

Mark
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A virus caused all this ... one impossible to see with your naked eye virus ... it has brought the world to its knees.  Just crazy ...

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't see radiation or carbon monoxide either. It has long been predicted that if not a huge meteorite/comet or we blow ourselves up that a virus will end us. This is just a test run.....
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Test run .....
     do you think this was intentional? 

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GMSLITHO said:
    Test run .....
     do you think this was intentional? 

100% Certain
  • Options
    I heard the research started here in fort Derrick then moved to China 
  • Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    GMSLITHO said:
    I heard the research started here in fort Derrick then moved to China 
    Don't forget the Winnipeg lab connection..... 

Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    I meant a test run by Mother Nature. She's out to get us. Get your tinfoil hats out...😉
  • Options
    Someone told me they spread the virus a few places  New York Italy and China then pushed the sick elderly back into nursing homes drove up the deaths then used the flu numbers to drive fear 

but I don’t think the government or media would really do that 
  • Options

There firing the hs coach that prays with the team after the game (going to the Supreme Court now ) but in Illinois there having a after school satanic club 
  • Options
    GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 869 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    someone told me ............... oh plz tell
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭
    Polio = the last thing ever CURED by a Vaccine. 
    Big Pharma learned an important lesson: there is a lot more money in TREATMENT. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Polio if I got three polio shots then still got polio I’d begin to think something is wrong 
  • Options
    I got the booster yesterday in one arm and the shingles vax in the other. Feeling tired but that's it
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    It's a whole different type of vaccine isn't it? That's why it was developed so quick. We are going to hear  more about the science that created this for many other aficitions...
    Post edited by rasbury on
  • Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 880 ✭✭✭
    Good move Handy.  My sister in Baltimore came down with shingles on Christmas Day. She’s still suffering pretty bad.  Her Dr. actually gave her a prescription for the shingle vax way back but she just never got around to getting it.
  • Options

"Among all the vaccines I have known in my life (diphtheria, tetanus, measles, rubella, chickenpox, hepatitis, meningitis and tuberculosis), I want to also add flu and pneumonia. I have never seen a vaccine that forced me to wear a mask and maintain my social distance, even when you are fully vaccinated. I had never heard of a vaccine that spreads the virus even after vaccination. I had never heard of rewards, discounts, incentives to get vaccinated. I never saw discrimination for those who didn't. If you haven't been vaccinated no one has tried to make you feel like a bad person. I have never seen a vaccine that threatens the relationship between family, colleagues and friends. I have never seen a vaccine used to threaten livelihoods, work or
    school. I have never seen a vaccine that would allow a 12-year-old to override parental consent. After all the vaccines I listed above, I have never seen a vaccine like this one, which discriminates, divides and judges society as it is. And as the social fabric tightens… It's a powerful vaccine! She does all these things except IMMUNIZATION. If we still need a booster dose after we are fully vaccinated, and we still need to get a negative test after we are fully vaccinated, and we still need to wear a mask after we are fully vaccinated, and still be hospitalized after we have been fully vaccinated, it will likely come to “It's time for us to admit that we've been completely deceived."
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Dr fauci would never mislead or misinform.  He never told the general public that the vaccine was 100% effective at both preventing catching and spreading covid. 

Dr fauci is also not the Dr who told the media aids could be spread by touch.  He also never took money from big phama to push aids treatment that killed more aids patients than aids did.   The 80s and 90s don't count. 

I don't know about your guys area but in our local hospitals,  if you have not gotten all your covid boosters as required,  you are listed as unvaxxed when the report hospital patient numbers.  

• Options
    was in the supermarket this weekend all the announcements were about wearing masks social distance and .washing hands  I miss them just playing the music and announcing whats on sale 
  • Options
    I'm a huge fan of social distancing,  I'm not fond of others anyway. When I'm sitting on a park bench and a stranger sits down I yell at them to move along. The best part,  they're the jerk now and not me.
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭
    We are so used to looking at vaccines as impenetrable shields that we forget that they aren't 100 percent effective as a norm.  I tend to think of the Covid vaccine more of a seatbelt than a shield.  It isn't going to keep me from getting into an accident but it will hopefully keep me out of the hospital if i do get into one.  When i was in the Marines and went over to the Gulf in 91 we got all the normal vaccines and then about two months after we got over there we were told we had to get a two shot regimen of a vaccine for anthrax.  Anthrax has been around forever, primarily something you get from sheep but it makes you really sick and almost certainly kills you.  After two shots the anthrax vaccine is 93% effective. The Covid vaccines are 94-95% effective.  Polio vacines are 90% effective after two shots and almost 100% effective after 4.  All i am saying is that none of the vaccines that i am aware of are a magic shield.  You can still get the disease.  They still tell you when you go in areas that have anthrax, polio etc to protect yourself.  The biggest difference is that this is so widespread it is everywhere vs Anthrax for instance.  In my house we are all vaxed and boosted.  When the next booster comes out i will get it and bug my family to all get it also.  I also need to go get the Shingles vax.  I really have no reason not to.  I have seen how painful shingles is and if this helps then i will take it.  
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    Based on the NHL covid numbers from the penguins organization alone, a team that's gotten 100% vaccine participation....93% effective rate at preventing you from catching or spreading the virus is a very very generous number. 

• Options
    Great comment @davidbrooks . I've been itching to contribute something similar but your real world example far out does anything I could say.
  • Options
    After 2 years the cdc said the cloth masks don’t work now we need N95 
  • Options
    Based on the NHL covid numbers from the penguins organization alone, a team that's gotten 100% vaccine participation....93% effective rate at preventing you from catching or spreading the virus is a very very generous number. 

What about Europe where the soccer players are dropping 
    the ball boy at the tennis match he just dropped 

• Options
    I think the quote addresses the comment?
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I don't follow soccer or tennis so I'm not sure.

Covid makes up a good bit of the college football and NHL news so it's hard not to catch it.  

I'm about an hour from Athens Georgia (Georgia bull dogs).  I'm less than 45 min from Clemson university.   Living in the heart of SEC country there really isn't a time of the year where football isn't in the local news. Soccer doesn't really make the news other than apparently  clemsux won the men's soccer championship. 

This discussion has been closed.