Options

Happy Spring!

Comments

• Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    @GMSLITHO - actually they said cloth masks aren't working for Omicron variant because the particulates seem to be smaller...but I see what you are doing....make it sound like they were wrong about masks completely.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/14/health/cloth-masks-covid-cdc.html

2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    the particles are smaller ...really 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    @GMSLITHO - Is that your expert opinion Dr.?
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    someone told me ............. 
  • Options
    Looks like the truckers are serious 
  • Options
    med-beds-and-tesla-healing-technology

Been hearing about this for a few years now looks like the tesla one is coming available 
  • Options
    Someone told me they come with Mr Pillow gear too.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Looks like the pandemic is over in the UK no masks no passports 
  • Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    GMSLITHO said:
    Looks like the pandemic is over in the UK no masks no passports 
    Funny, when your job is at stake you magically pivot 180 degrees.
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭
    We were prepared to shut the Railroad down completely.  January 4th was our Vax mandate deadline. 
    Then along came the Supreme Court.  Government over-reach solved! 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lake_Bum said:
    We were prepared to shut the Railroad down completely.  January 4th was our Vax mandate deadline. 
    And the senate stopped the federal take over of elections last night
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you actually read the constitution, the federal government is well within their rights to over rule states election rules if found to be discriminating or doing anything to limit voter access. 3 places . I think the gop should work harder to get like minded people to show up at the poles rather than restrict those who are not.

And it also just kills me, especially here in FL and in Texas, that the govenors in those states that have undone anything the cdc or the federal government has asked of us and then sit back and say those policies did or do not work...what exactly do the anti cdc and anti federal government want to do about this pesky little virus that has crippled the economy and caused the death of almost a million of us to do? Here lots of criticism and little solutions...
  • Options
    Since this conversation has turned to elections, @rasbury you never responded to the video I posted specifically for YOU to watch.  Did you watch it?  The corruption is so painfully obvious that results were altered. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    So, the GOP governors are corrupt, the whole electoral college is corrupt....votes are counted 2x and more (AZ really proved that right? )....court cases were thrown out for lack of any credible evidence...the whole country was against trump but yet all the rest of the votes were good. Trump said the election was rigged in 2016 until he won....and said if he lost in the last it was rigged but I'm sure would have been fine if he won. No, I did not watch it and for you Lake, I will. But nothing in a video is going to change my mind unless it has Biden laughing and saying he rigged the election.

My election comment was only to counter a statement that the federal government is over reaching their authority when they see laws being enacted that limit some peoples access to voting. There were two amendments to the constitution giving the congress authority to overturn such laws. I believe it was the 15th and the 19th. This was not a party specific statement but there is one party trying to do that now isn't there? If a party is not happy with the voters that show up, then perhaps they should probably find reasons to get like minded people to show up rather than restrict the ones that do not align with their beliefs.
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the covid vaccine(all of them) still only FDA "approved " under emergency use (eui) in both children and adults?

So you're essentially a lab rat for a vaccine that seems to be about 50/50 for catching or spreading the virus.

I wish fog horn leg horn of  South Carolina had half the balls DeSantis does.  

• Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭
    @rasbury I agree that there seems to be a whole lot of complaining if votes dont go one way or the other.  It is super easy to stand up and say you have evidence of fraud but when 20+ cases get tossed from numerous states for lack of evidence. Then that isn't stolen.  There is no way you can convince me of a conspiracy run by or controlling that many states.  You do hear a lot about some states making changes to laws that are designed to be tougher on specific demographics.  It isnt just one party though.  MD is primarily a democratic controlled state and we are guilty of gerrymandering also.  Honestly i was hoping the federal govt was going to be able to create some laws to stop a lot of this.  Everyone just keeps trying to change the rules to keep thier side in power.  At this point i dont think they could get concurrance across both parties to just order girl scout cookies.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    The government Republican or Democrat its  one big money grab whole different life than us 

Like George Carlin said its one big club and you aint in it 

• Options
    I don't know if this link will work, but, it is the only confirmed voter manipulating I know if and it is here in FL : https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-ne-lets-preserve-the-american-dream-dark-money-20220120-lqy5mvjcbfcbxajc2xkgf3x7wq-story.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Breaking News&utm_content=3701642711993#nws=true

If not, there is one person that has plead guilty and singing like a bird- Florida Power is involved and this most certainly kept the state houses from flipping to blue in two very close races. Desantis in his new budget has created a voter fraud task force but does not see this one as being something anything anyone should be looking at. Nothing happened here, just move along. And he most certainly will be re elected as governor again. Has done some good but has let us down some too...
  • Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the covid vaccine(all of them) still only FDA "approved " under emergency use (eui) in both children and adults?

So you're essentially a lab rat for a vaccine that seems to be about 50/50 for catching or spreading the virus.

My understanding Rick is a little different in that since this has been allowed to spread and mutate, the current vaccine is less effective to the new variants. There is no disputing that the overwhelming number of people that are hospitalized in ICU are not vaccinated folks regardless of the variant you pick up. And careful what you wish for- I'd be happy to have Ron run in your state. Just because you have balls does not make you right.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rasbury, you need to read the state constitutions where it says: no one or body is allowed to change the voting rules BUT the state legislatures. Not the state courts which is what happened in many Dem states to accommodate Covid. Wrong in every sense
  • Options
    https://mobile.twitter.com/reallizusa/status/1446157081556488195

In case you missed it @rasbury

Watch that, and tell me it wasn't STOLEN. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Arizona,Georgia then Pennsylvania 
  • Options
    Lake_Bum said:
    I just saw that there is a contract up for the railroad February 1 is that so 
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:

My understanding Rick is a little different in that since this has been allowed to spread and mutate, the current vaccine is less effective to the new variants. There is no disputing that the overwhelming number of people that are hospitalized in ICU are not vaccinated folks regardless of the variant you pick up. And careful what you wish for- I'd be happy to have Ron run in your state. Just because you have balls does not make you right.
    I don't think those numbers are anywhere near correct.  Look at the break through cases in Israel with a much more compliant population to vaccine mandates.  Especially those 65 and up.  

• Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 739 ✭✭✭
    Rasbury you always can move out to California, New York , Oregon or Seattle WA,  if you don't like Florida or Texas
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 739 ✭✭✭
    Why is the democrat doesn't want vote ID, You need a Vaccine card to mach your id  to eat in any restaurant in New York.
  • Options
    My brother-in-law works in the city just starting to come back in the office they told the emplodress down no jewelry and don’t take out your cell phones on the street 
    the gangs are running the streets in ny Chicago and California 
  • Options
    Crickets.... :D
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    @oscar1 you could kiss my buttock also- I don't need you telling me where I should live. I can have my opinions and live anywhere I want. Why don't you read a little about voter Id and then you might understand. You sound like you may have come from another country and may have come here because you want rights- don't be so quick to give them up.
This discussion has been closed.