Happy Spring!

Comments

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Ian said:
    @J3ff started this with good intentions wishing us a safe and healthy season. It’s turned into a **** session - as these post often do. 

I also hope all have a healthy season.

Mods - can this be shut this down now. 
    Sorry, but to me this is civilized talking with firm opinions, but still under control.  I also think it is good to talk about things like this especially with great people like this forum has.  There is a reason this is in the non-boating section.  I have my strong opinions on this subject too, but I like to read everyone's opinion (like reading Shawn's comments was insightful for me, because I am one that believe's everyone should be vaccinated).

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    IMHO this thread is giving people the opportunity to "get it off their chest" and vent. Personally I don't get why people wont get the vax. To me it's a no brainer but too each his own.  
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    shawnmjr said:
    rasbury said:
    While it is nice to "move on" unfortunately that is the attitude from mostly unvacinated people and why we are still in the mess we are still in. Everyone has the right to choose if they want to vacinate or not - but if your not you should test and you should wear a mask. Only way forward to "move on" is to get rid of this virus like we have done for a hundred years...get a stupid shot! 
    I tried to stay out of this thread, but I’m sick of the vaccinated blaming the unvaccinated. You’re right everyone has the right to choose. This is a virus and there aren’t any cures for a virus. They claim there are less symptoms with the vaccine than those who aren’t vaccinated, but it’s not a cure. Your stating the only way to get rid of this virus is getting the shot, well that’s not gonna do it. You stated the unvaccinated need to wear a mask which I believe and I follow, but why do you think if your unvaccinated that you don’t have to wear a mask then? If you’re vaccinated they say symptoms are reduced and possibly no symptoms then couldn’t the vaccinated be the super spreaders? I’m not vaccinated, but if I get any symptoms I know I need to isolate. If the vaccinated have it with no symptoms they are walking around with no mask spreading it all over. I can tell you in the last month I have had 5 employees test positive for Covid-19 and everyone of them were vaccinated and their spouses also tested positive who were also vaccinated. Two of the five had their vaccinated kids test positive. These employees didn’t have any severe symptoms so I believe the vaccine is working for reducing symptoms, but it’s not the cure all. I would also like to note that I have a 85% employees unvaccinated and not one of them caught it, mainly because the unvaccinated is being more cautious than the vaccinated. Rant over. 
    I do not go to 'spreader events"....if I did, I would wear a mask. If I have symptoms I get screened. I have had 3 tests as I was not feeling on par and do not want to be a spreader.  I feel like I am doing way more to stop this than the unvaccinated that just don't seem to care for the most part. If most would get the shots, we would not have much to talk about or disagree on would we?
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more worried for what is in my McDonald hamburger.... 
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, here's one thing we can control:  it's called omicron, not omnicron with an "n". 

Omicron is the 15th letter of the Greek alphabet.  Omnicron is a character from World of Warcraft!  
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I'm vaxxed and boosted and heading to the hot zone tomorrow and will be hanging with friends and family who are all the same. I'll let you know how it goes, assuming we all will get a taste of it one way or another. Missed Christmas last year, not doing that again! 
    LaRea said:
    Well, here's one thing we can control:  it's called omicron, not omnicron with an "n". 

Omicron is the 15th letter of the Greek alphabet.  Omnicron is a character from World of Warcraft!  
    I was going to change it but kind of liked it.😁

• TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    If you were born or raised in the USA, and attended school, you are probably vaccinated (as required by law) against any or all of these depending upon your age...

Bacterial diseases:
    Diphtheria
    Pertussis
    Tetanus
    Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib)
    Invasive Pneumococcal Disease (PCV)
    Meningococcal Disease
    (MCV4)

Viral diseases:
    Polio
    Measles
    Rubella
    Mumps
    Hepatitis B 
    Varicella
    Human Papillomavirus (HPV)

And if you have traveled internationally, depending upon your destination, you may have been required to get additional vaccinations.

Required vaccinations have been a way of life for generations.

So my question to those who do not wish to get vaccinated:

What is your reasoning for refusing the get a Covid-19 vaccine?

• GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭

It’s experimental 

20 ways the Covid shot causes injury with links:

#1: Injections can lead to death through anaphylactic shock.

Anti-PEG Antibodies Inhibit the Anticoagulant Activity of PEGylated Aptamers - ScienceDirect

www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2451945619300352

#2 Anti-Inflammatory macrophages, called M2, are inhibited by anti-spike-antibodies.

JCI Insight - Anti–spike IgG causes severe acute lung injury by skewing macrophage responses during acute SARS-CoV infection

insight.jci.org/articles/view/123158

#3 All COVID shots lead to the creation of a spike protein through a process called translation. The spike protein can damage the body by several pathways:

Vaccines | Free Full-Text | SARS-CoV-2 Spike Protein Elicits Cell Signaling in Human Host Cells: Implications for Possible Consequences of COVID-19 Vaccines | HTML (mdpi.com)

www.mdpi.com/2076-393X/9/1/36/htm

#4 Spike protein can trigger changes in blood vessel walls, leading to pulmonary artery hypertension (PAH), which is fatal.

SARS-CoV-2 Spike Protein Elicits Cell Signaling in Human Host Cells: Implications for Possible Consequences of COVID-19 Vaccines (nih.gov)

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7827936

#5 The spike protein can bind to the ACE2 receptor on surface of sperm and ovaries. Risk of infertility is high but not yet proven.

Review of COVID-19 and male genital tract - PubMed (nih.gov)

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33236375

COVID-19 Infection in the Human Reproductive Tract of Men and Nonpregnant Women (nih.gov)

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7941816

#6 Spike proteins cause inflammation and disruption of the blood brain barrier (BBB), leading to neuropathology and brain degeneration.

The SARS-CoV-2 spike protein alters barrier function in 2D static and 3D microfluidic in-vitro models of the human blood–brain barrier - ScienceDirect

www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S096999612030406X?via%3Dihub

#7 Neurological degeneration: spike proteins can damage the FUS gene and mutate the TDP-43 protein, leading to Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).

How do the RNA-binding proteins TDP-43 and FUS relate to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and frontotemporal degeneration, and to each other? - PubMed (nih.gov)

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2304195

TARDBP gene: MedlinePlus Genetics

medlineplus.gov/genetics/gene/tardbp/#conditions

#8 Neurological degeneration: mutation and altered function of the TDP-43 protein can also lead to frontotemporal lobe degeneration (FTLD)

How do the RNA-binding proteins TDP-43 and FUS relate to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and frontotemporal degeneration, and to each other? - PubMed (nih.gov)

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23041957

#9 Mutation of the FUS gene can also lead to cancer.

FUS gene: MedlinePlus Genetics

medlineplus.gov/genetics/gene/fus/#references

#10 Adenoviruses used in both the Johnson & Johnson shot and the AstraZeneca shots pose a risk of cancer.

Vaccines based on replication incompetent Ad26 viral vectors: Standardized template with key considerations for a risk/benefit assessment - ScienceDirect

www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0264410X20311609?via%3Dihub

Adenoviruses - Medical Microbiology - NCBI Bookshelf (nih.gov)

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK8503/

How Genetic Engineering Can Be Used To Produce Human Insulin? | DiabetesTalk.Net

diabetestalk.net/insulin/how-genetic-engineering-can-be-used-to-produce-human-insulin

Lost in Transgenesis | Circulation Research (ahajournals.org)

www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.111.262717

#11 Anti-spike-antibodies can cross-react with 28 different human tissue types, establishing a mechanism for multi-system autoimmune disorders and multi-organ failure.

JCI Insight - Anti–spike IgG causes severe acute lung injury by skewing macrophage responses during acute SARS-CoV infection

insight.jci.org/articles/view/123158

COVID-19 and multiorgan failure: A narrative review on potential mechanisms (nih.gov)

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7533045/

@LoveWinsTheDay

GMSLITHO said:

It’s experimental 
    so, in your opinion, how long does it take and how many people need to have it before it's not experimental?  10 years?  20 years?  it is FDA approved, so not sure experimental is now the right word.  Yes, they are trying to determine the appropriate amount each time for boosters and such, so that is definitely not perfect.  I guess it is also still experimental how high the percentage of those that don't have it will get hospitalized?  (I'm not yelling this or being sarcastic, I'm truly looking for your answers and open to listen to other's opinions).  
    The chicken pox vaccine is over 25 years old, is that good enough now to take?

the shot that is fda approved is not available in the us 
    Everyone is different not one size fits all my friend has a autistic child he has a very different opinion about vaccines and has supporting data to prove it 
  • GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    We are both triple vaccinated and understand that is not a matter of "if" but "when", should  we get Covid hopefully it will be mild in nature and not require hospitalization. I read this article this morning about the risk level of being unvaccinated. Again everyone has a choice and hopefully should you be infected the outcome is not severe.

Covid: Who is not vaccinated in the US and what's the risk? - BBC News
  • mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    TonyG13 said:
    If you were born or raised in the USA, and attended school, you are probably vaccinated (as required by law) against any or all of these depending upon your age...

Bacterial diseases:
    Diphtheria
    Pertussis
    Tetanus
    Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib)
    Invasive Pneumococcal Disease (PCV)
    Meningococcal Disease
    (MCV4)

Viral diseases:
    Polio
    Measles
    Rubella
    Mumps
    Hepatitis B 
    Varicella
    Human Papillomavirus (HPV)

And if you have traveled internationally, depending upon your destination, you may have been required to get additional vaccinations.

Required vaccinations have been a way of life for generations.

So my question to those who do not wish to get vaccinated:

Remember when you got the above shots and were told that they will only reduce the severity and keep you out of hospital?  Ya, neither do I.
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

edited December 2021
    I have a printing business since we have mailing services we’re considered essential,I’ve worked through the whole thing unfortunately most of my business is Broadway and two colleges if they shut them down again and this time no ppp money .I don’t think I could last too long 

believe it or not there are big paper shortages now and it’s getting hard to get material and the price is going up just like the gas prices 

New York is a cluster .....well you know the thing  

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GMSLITHO said:
    the shot that is fda approved is not available in the us 
    That is false. Pfizer was fully fda approved in August 2021 for those 16 and older. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

GMSLITHO said:

It’s experimental 
    Also false. Pfizer was authorized (not experimental) until August 2021 and has been approved for 16 and older since August 2021. 

Comirnaty the shot by Pfizer I see is approved by the fda so I guess if they say it’s good it must be ok 
  • skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't care about this discussion, but don't agree with locking it...but sure wish I could hide it so I don't see it on the front page every time I login.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 729 ✭✭✭
    My only problem its when they make everyone to get an experimental vaccine mandatory
    Grahamu said:
    We are both triple vaccinated and understand that is not a matter of "if" but "when", should  we get Covid hopefully it will be mild in nature and not require hospitalization. I read this article this morning about the risk level of being unvaccinated. Again everyone has a choice and hopefully should you be infected the outcome is not severe.

Covid: Who is not vaccinated in the US and what's the risk? - BBC News
    That's what I feel like. I just narrowly avoided coming into contact with a positive family member today, we all knew he was sick but his parents drove him around, all his cousins are positive, everyone vaccinated. This is why the doctors were SUPER worried about this two or three weeks ago, they knew the spike would evade the vaccine. We've only gotten LUCKY that it appears to not be putting people in the hospital in huge numbers. 

Since I made this post, I've had 8 friends test positive. It's def a matter of WHEN, not IF for all of us. Which is why I was just saying good luck and I hope you all make it through with not too many rough symptoms!  
    What it is wrong when somebody doesn't  want to put anything on their body. Like we all  chose what to drink or eat example  alcohol, coffee,  beef or not beef,  Tylenol for paint or milk and etc, so why you can NOT chose to put a vaccine or not. My two cents
    oscar1 said:
    My only problem its when they make everyone to get an experimental vaccine mandatory
    This is false. The vaccine is fully approved, it is not experimental. 

Well my nephew just tested positive no big family Christmas celebration this year 

• WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GMSLITHO said:
    Well my nephew just tested positive no big family Christmas celebration this year 

Wishing him an easy and speedy recovery.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
    GMSLITHO said:

I've got an entire side of the family doing the same, because of one who brought it in. So far no serious problems. 
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    oscar1 said:
    What it is wrong when somebody doesn't  want to put anything on their body. Like we all  chose what to drink or eat example  alcohol, coffee,  beef or not beef,  Tylenol for paint or milk and etc, so why you can NOT chose to put a vaccine or not. My two cents
    Because it put's others in danger. Plain and simple....... Just say'n
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    why even vaccine can get covid and transmit covid
    oscar1 said:
    why even vaccine can get covid and transmit covid
    If you are asking why vaccinate, for me is so that if I get it that I may possibly not have to go to hospital.
    I figure it won't harm me anymore than all the alcohol I have weekly.👍

This discussion has been closed.