Options

Happy Spring!

Comments

• Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    I had COVID back in April (day after Easter started feeling it). Tested the following Thursday and got the results the following Saturday but by the time I got the results I felt fine except smell. Of course I continued my quarantine. Wife had tested + at the same time. I only lost smell but not taste. She didn't lose either. She had a slight cough and sore throat for 2 or 3 days. My first day I had a nasty headache and chills with a slight cough. 2nd day I woke up feeling pretty bad so called off work (I work from home anyway). Went back to bed and woke up an hour later feeling fine. Wednesday afternoon started feeling it again but only missed that one day of work. Got the Pfizer vax (because Biden threatened to end my career if I didn't). 2nd shot was 11/10 and haven't felt 100% since then. Actually the first few days after I felt worse than when I had COVID. 7 weeks later I'm still not feeling great. Wife is not vaxxed and she has felt fine. As far as Omicron...I probably had it but didn't know it. I think the vax masks it enough that you feel well enough that you let your guard down and go about business as usual and spread it worse then if you weren't vaxxed.
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    And to those that posted you tested + good luck and hope you feel well soon.
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 739 ✭✭✭
    Anyone knows why the pharmaceutical companies are pushing real hard to get our precious children vaccinated? 
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    boatman37 said:
    And to those that posted you tested + good luck and hope you feel well soon.
    Thanks - I'm just glad it's over with. Let's all hope this is the last "variant" - it appears we are ALL going to get it..even the folks who think it isn't real ;)
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    If the country quit testing, then what?????
    We never tested for colds or flu. Only treated for it
    That's what Trump's answer was...quit testing and you'll have no one with Covid, problem solved!
    Apples and oranges there Handy, IMO
    You didn't answer the question
    I did...just because you stop testing it does not go away. Over 800,000 people unfortunately can't back me up. If we don't have it, we have nothing to treat.  I can't imagine where we would be if we had stayed on trumps corse which was to do nothing for the most part.
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    Well I'm positive officially. Glad it's over. Hopefully having the booster + omni provides some kind of defense vs the next wave. 
    Good luck- sounds like you have a good chance of minimal affect.. 
  • Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    So @Handymans342 if you don’t take a pregnancy test then no baby? 
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad there isn't a test for cancer.  Imagine how many lives would be saved/extended as a result of early treatment.
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Both of them are terrible at their job and nature has proven people can try but ultimately she controls what happens on this planet. 
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    YYZRC said:
    Too bad there isn't a test for cancer.  Imagine how many lives would be saved/extended as a result of early treatment.
    I sure hope you're being sarcastic, because there are numerous tests for cancers - the most notable one is a colonoscopy. And many, many lab tests check for cancer.

AND there are vaccines for certain types of cancers. The most prominent cancer vaccine is for HPV. Also, the Hepatitis B vaccine can prevent liver cancer.
    Post edited by TonyG13 on
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    Regan said when you hear “I’m from the government and I’m hear to help “.  Run 
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Testing for most cancers generally happens after symptoms are present.  It is reactive not proactive.
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    Alright, now this thread is starting to spin out of control as we all assumed it would.  We held it together much longer than I expected, but it's almost time to close the thread.  
  • Options
    I think the real question is what have we done as a society to end this? If the government issues mandates we don't want that-- and as it has continued to ravage the mainly unvaccinated we now ask what has the government done to stop it? All either president could of or can do is make the vaccine available, make testing available and it's up to us from there...and WE have failed because of politics....
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Alswagg said:
    I thought Brandon said he was going to irradiate this Chinese virus??  What has Brandon done to stop the spread?  How many more have died on Brandon’s watch?  Who in the heck voted for Brandon?   Please answer these.  The Chinese Covid Virus is real, created and funded by Brandon and Fuqface. How many are still going to defend him?   Wear your dam mask, get your dam shot, close your business, bury your friends and family.  That is all Brandon has done.  
    Deaths are way down so the vax does work. The unvaxed are filling the hospitals.  If we did with Trump said we would have a Lysol shortage... Just say'n 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    shawnmjr said:
    LaRea said:
    Alright, now this thread is starting to spin out of control as we all assumed it would.  We held it together much longer than I expected, but it's almost time to close the thread.  
    Not sure why my post was flagged, because you don’t agree? I don’t agree with a lot of things that were said here, but I don’t flag them. My post was related to the topic of the current thread which is posted in the correct section of this forum. If you don’t like it then don’t read it. This is exactly what’s wrong, people think everyone should agree and don’t have a right to their own opinion and if we don’t agree then it shouldn’t be seen. It’s called freedom of speech and freedom of choice. 
    Up until this point posts have remained civil and with an expression of opinion based on presentation of statistics, etc. of the topic. Politics were not included. The posts this morning, in my opinion, have crossed that line.

I too could easily talk about the successes and failings of present and past leadership on the subject - but the thread is about the science of the vaccines, not the politics of them.

I know at this point they are intertwined in real life, but we've done a good job of trying to separate that out in this thread.

I would just like to read about peoples facts as they perceive them so I can learn what others are thinking, but would prefer to read them without degradation. 
  • Options
    I didn't flag any posts.  But when people start using the insults "orange man" instead of "President Trump" and "Brandon" instead of "President Biden," it means civil discourse has ended.  

MODS - close the thread.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I don't want an apology.  I want people to be respectful in sharing their opinions.  

Thanks to everybody.  I learned a lot in this thread.  La Rea, out.
    Post edited by LaRea on
  • Options
    shawnmjr said:
    TonyG13 said:
    shawnmjr said:
    LaRea said:
    Not sure why my post was flagged, because you don’t agree? I don’t agree with a lot of things that were said here, but I don’t flag them. My post was related to the topic of the current thread which is posted in the correct section of this forum. If you don’t like it then don’t read it. This is exactly what’s wrong, people think everyone should agree and don’t have a right to their own opinion and if we don’t agree then it shouldn’t be seen. It’s called freedom of speech and freedom of choice. 
    Up until this point posts have remained civil and with an expression of opinion based on presentation of statistics, etc. of the topic. Politics were not included. The posts this morning, in my opinion, have crossed that line.

I too could easily talk about the successes and failings of present and past leadership on the subject - but the thread is about the science of the vaccines, not the politics of them.

I know at this point they are intertwined in real life, but we've done a good job of trying to separate that out in this thread.

I would just like to read about peoples facts as they perceive them so I can learn what others are thinking, but would prefer to read them without degradation. 
    When we’re talking about mandating vaccines then yeah I guess we were talking politics. Several posts before mine were talking about politics. In fact there was a post above mine that states and I quote

“That's what Trump's answer was...quit testing and you'll have no one with Covid, problem solved!” 

There is also a post 5 comments up from a moderator talking about Trump, but no hard feelings because everyone has the right to their opinions. 

Several other politic posts before these. 
    Shawn I guess you are right in that regard and I think the issue I have is when comments devolve from using people's names to being called names. You have valid comments and opinions and I like reading them. ****, I spent all Christmas weekend with my family which is filled with varying opinions. 

Let's all just hope and pray that 2022 is better than the last two years for everybody. 
  • Options
    I had a good offline conversation with @shawnmjr about this thread.  No hard feelings here.  We both understand how hard it can be to keep politics out of conversations these days. 
  • Options
    Anyone else test positive in the last week or am I the only crazy person here?  :D
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @J3ff , not me but I know at least 10 people that are positive now.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    Nobody got the Flu.  Weird, ain't it? 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J3ff said:
    Anyone else test positive in the last week or am I the only crazy person here?  :D
    My wife my 4 daughters 4 grandchildren and me. All from getting together Christmas eve and Christmas. Took all week for all of use to get tested and get results. No one in the hospital just crappie symptoms. Going on day 6 definitely sucks. People can **** and wine but do what you think is right for you and your family. Wife and I had the Johnson. 2 daughters have the Madera. 1 daughter had the Pfizer. Oldest daughter Iraqi vet refused to get Vaxed. Grandkids not vacxed. Kids couple of days feel good. All adults have the same symptoms. Forum is for boating love to talk about the 2 496's I put in the Doral, sold and made $$. 4 seconds to plane out 840hp
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    shawnmjr said:
    raybo3 said:
    Alswagg said:
    I thought Brandon said he was going to irradiate this Chinese virus??  What has Brandon done to stop the spread?  How many more have died on Brandon’s watch?  Who in the heck voted for Brandon?   Please answer these.  The Chinese Covid Virus is real, created and funded by Brandon and Fuqface. How many are still going to defend him?   Wear your dam mask, get your dam shot, close your business, bury your friends and family.  That is all Brandon has done.  
    Deaths are way down so the vax does work. The unvaxed are filling the hospitals.  If we did with Trump said we would have a Lysol shortage... Just say'n 
    As of November there have been more deaths from Covid in 2021 than there were in 2020. 
    The virus came out in Feb of 2020 and didn't really "explode" until the middle of the year. In 2021 its gone into 2 more variants and the people didn't really get vaxed until later in the year. The vaccination came out around Dec of 2020 but it took a long time for people to get it. People dying now are not vaxed. The numbers are sky high right now but the restrictions are not coming back. Why? because most people have at least 2 shots and are not really getting sick. I guess I really don't understand why people refuse to get it. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @reneechris14 you sold the Doral already? 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    raybo3 said:
    shawnmjr said:
    raybo3 said:
    Alswagg said:
    As of November there have been more deaths from Covid in 2021 than there were in 2020. 
    The virus came out in Feb of 2020 and didn't really "explode" until the middle of the year. In 2021 its gone into 2 more variants and the people didn't really get vaxed until later in the year. The vaccination came out around Dec of 2020 but it took a long time for people to get it. People dying now are not vaxed. The numbers are sky high right now but the restrictions are not coming back. Why? because most people have at least 2 shots and are not really getting sick. I guess I really don't understand why people refuse to get it. 
    If you want to know why people refuse to get it if you do just need to do a little research people are dying from the jab and it doesn’t prevent you from getting it .......oh yea you won’t get it as bad so the experts say .get the 4th booster .....actually who is making the guidelines now the federal government just threw there hands up and are leaving it up to the states I’m in New York and I if they pass the bill there promoting  on Jan 5 th I’m leaving here and won’t miss it 
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @reneechris14 do you plan to get another boat? Flip project?
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

This discussion has been closed.