Options

Super Cool New Mercury App.

Comments

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Would I have to unhook my vessel view to hook this up?

I'd be interested to see how this works out.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    onislandtimeonislandtime Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    @Stodge No, the VVM will run concurrent with vessel view
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where the Smartcraft connection is on the early 350MAG's? A friend of mine just bought a 2002 270 and the engine is a Smartcraft engine and I wanted to try the VVM unit on his boat to get the hours for him. I helped him replace the impeller last weekend and I took a quick look, but I didn't see the purple plug. I was looking for it in the same location as what is on my 377MAG.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Mine is toward the "back" of the motor on the top.  

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the app working with the terminator thing, thanks all for the help.

Have 3 or 4 faults everytime engine is running...
  • Options
    elarson5757elarson5757 Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
    J3ff said:

Most likely faults for aspects of smart craft that you don't have hooked up. You can silence them so you don't keep getting them I believe. 
  • Options
    @J3ff what setup do you have (single or twin engine)? Support has not answered my emails on connection problems?
  • Options
    @J3ff what setup do you have (single or twin engine)? Support has not answered my emails on connection problems?
    I've got a single. 

J3ff said:

Most likely faults for aspects of smart craft that you don't have hooked up. You can silence them so you don't keep getting them I believe. 
    They dont seem to make any noise on my phone...just pop ups.. I'll save them tomorrow and see what they say. 
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    I've got a single. 

J3ff said:

They dont seem to make any noise on my phone...just pop ups.. I'll save them tomorrow and see what they say. 
    Sorry by silence I did mean sound wise.  I believe in the app you can block it or set it to not fault anymore because it isn't a valid fault. 
  • Options
    Here's some SS's from today... didn't go WOT but got close... 
  • Options
    Anyone else have the problem where it says you have "0 Gallons" of fuel all the time? 
  • Options
    Did you adjust your fuel level? On the new version, it is much easier to do.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    So according to the attachment (starting around page 98).. I've got a bad fuel sending sensor... a bad "sensor" and a bad throttle position sensor..

Hmmm. 
  • Options
    Did you adjust your fuel level? On the new version, it is much easier to do.
    no I didn't - it just came up saying "0" from your post it sounds like I need to tell it the size of the tank before it'll tell me how much is left?  What's the normal size of a tank for the 270? 
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    100 gallons
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    No, you don't tell it the size of the tank.  You tell it how much fuel you have (total all tanks).  Then, any time you add fuel, you tell it how many gallons you added.  

As the boat burns fuel, it automatically subtracts from the total gallons, so you have an estimate of gallons remaining.  
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    No, you don't tell it the size of the tank.  You tell it how much fuel you have (total all tanks).  Then, any time you add fuel, you tell it how many gallons you added.  

As the boat burns fuel, it automatically subtracts from the total gallons, so you have an estimate of gallons remaining.  
    ah, I figured that somehow the data being passed on to the gauge was going to the app (kind of like RPMS).. 

As a side note, my RPMs are off by 500 when it gets above 3000.. sigh. 
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    So according to the attachment (starting around page 98).. I've got a bad fuel sending sensor... a bad "sensor" and a bad throttle position sensor..

Hmmm. 
    Those are the same faults that I have. The codes come back as 75 = fuel tank level sensor 94 = pitot speed sensor 130 = outdrive trim position sensor

Those sensors are more than likely not connected to the smartcraft.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    I keep getting this maintenance message.  Anyone know how to read this?  My oil is new this season, as well as filters.  Are the numbers related to hours?

Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    I keep getting this maintenance message.  Anyone know how to read this?  My oil is new this season, as well as filters.  Are the numbers related to hours?

It's not reading anything from the motor to tell you that those items are up for maintenance. When you change the oil and filters next time log that maintenue in here along with the current hours at the point you do it and the app will track it from there. Based on the hours it reads each time you go active it looks for maintenance items and when they were last logged to signal they are due based on Merc recommendations. 

They say zero or "due" now because the app has no way to know you did them previously and when.  
  • Options
    Is there a link/pdf for the manual?  I'd like to see what more/different information/functions this app has versus the vessel view in my dash.

• Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    @elarson5757 appreciate it.  Figured it was the same as the fuel, need to input the data.  But the green "74" was throwing me off as if it was pulling info.  Although not sure how it could read the belt but who knows.
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    Here's an example of how the maintenance log works:

1) You change your spark plugs and make a log entry in VVM.
    2) VVM records the entry with today's date and engine hours (let's say it's 200 hours).
    3) When you get to 300 engine hours, VVM reminds you to inspect the plugs.

Note, in the latest version you can edit the log.  So if you are making an entry today for service performed in the past, you can enter the correct date and hours.  

Main menu; Maintenance; tap the engine; tap History; tap the date of the service you want to edit; tap the entry you want to edit.
  • Options
    @LaRea I went to the maintenance page and I can't figure out how to change the current date and hours too the date and hours I did change it.
  • Options
    You have the latest version, 1.0.7i? 

On the maintenance page:  Tap the "History" button at the bottom.  It should show one or more dates when you've entered maintenance events.

Tap a date, and it expands the list of maintenance events entered on that date.

Tap one of the maintenance items, and it lets you edit the date/hours (for all maintenance done on that day).
  • Options
    @LaRea Got it, thanks. Where is the manual for VVM. I was once was able to add gasoline gallons but now it won't let me. ??????
  • Options
    The maintenance log is nice. I was able to add and edit some of my stuff.

@JonnyM , did you get the app installed?
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    My hours are way off compared to the engine hours on the analog gauge. Anyone have this also?
  • Options
    There's no manual yet, and a lot of the features can only be found by the hunt-and-peck method.  

Yes, the engine hours almost always read too high on the analog tach because of a known problem with Faria's tach design.  If you turn on the ignition switch to listen to the stereo, the tach usually starts accumulating hours even if the engine isn't running.  My port side is high by over 100 hours.