Options

Super Cool New Mercury App.

Comments

• Options
    onislandtimeonislandtime Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    The hours on the App are way higher then the hours on the Faria tach,
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    That's too bad. I bet you have a tach that was replaced. 
  • Options
    JonnyMJonnyM Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    @Cableguy Greg  I didn't get the hardware installed yet. I have been pretty busy.  Trying to get it in this weekend.
    "Mosi on Dahn"  2003 Fiesta Vee 270
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    Has anybody been able to get VVM info to show up on the web site?
  • Options
    Has anyone got a quick response from support when having a Problem?
  • Options
    @LaRea how do you change the gallons on the fuel icon? It won't let me select it. It allowed me to do it once
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    edited October 2016
    You have to be logged in to see fuel, so I can't do it right now and I forgot exactly how. Look for something that says "adjust fuel" or something like that.

I've emailed them a few times and always had a reply within a day.
  • Options
    I'm not getting anything from them for sometimes more than a week. You just answered it, I wasn't logged into just running the app.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The engine(s) has to be on and the app logged into to adjust the fuel. Pretty much anything that you do to be interactive with the app, the engine has to be running and the app open.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same as OEM Axius and Vessel View right from the factory. Everything has to be fired-up and you have to have consistent voltage.
  • Options
    The app is running, same with the engines but there is a Log in option that doesn't need to be logged into to have the engine data showing. Is this what you are talking about? It's on the page that list maintenance, data reset etc.
  • Options
    Can you take a screen shot of your phone and post it?
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Here is the first screen that I see when I start the app... I hit connect when the engine is running.

Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Are you logged into the system with your email? Click in the upper left hand corner and that page at the bottom is "Log in" or "log out". I'm thinking I have to be logged in. I will be down at the boat this afternoon and log in and see if I am able to get to the gas etc.
  • Options
    Yes I am logged in. I logged in once and I haven't been logged out except when they sent the new release out. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    30West30West Member Posts: 4

I just found this discussion, so needed this a month ago!  I didn't want to bug Wally, gradually figured things out.  I found my VV backbone behind a closet next to my breaker panel, pulled the yellow terminator off the one available slot, plugged in VVM, and it works for both engines.  Pretty simple really.  My VVM came with a blue terminator on the unused connector and I left that in place, put the yellow one away.  I hung the VVM unit on a screw behind the closet, high and dry and cool.

The first app locked up frequently and went back to the "Connect" page.  It took many attempts to connect each time.  The second version I downloaded never did connect.  I just downloaded the newest one, hopefully it will connect, but my boat will be getting hauled out for storage soon.  I'm using an iPad Air2.

I just bought this boat, very low hours and little use, but 12 years old and only the oil and filters have been maintained.  12 year old impellers didn't last long once I started using it.  Lots to do, not much time, I'm afraid I won't be very useful as a beta tester, but I'm trying!  Decent weather this weekend, still putting off winter storage.

2004 Cruisers 375 w/8.1S Horizons
  • Options
    @30West you're very lucky a 12 year old boat was pre-wired for smartcarft. What Model boat? 80 degrees next week in DMV
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    edited October 2016
    @39West I could be wrong but by looking at your avatar picture you have twin engines then you are not wired correctly. You would need 2 j-boxes not 1. I believe you need to so you can separate the 12volts feeding the engines.  
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    @30west Check with Wally but I believe all you need to do is disconnect the "multi engine power disconnect" plug on the port engine. If you look back in the thread, it addresses this.
  • Options
    The new update came out for the IOS. How do you retrieve it? The Android version was very simple by redirecting to the download link.
  • Options
    I know I've read about how to make this work with two engines, but both engines were showing up just fine when the app worked.  I could look at trouble codes, watch the RPMs and temps, both engines were displaying the same way.  Wally mentioned I should have to get a Merc mechanic to change the city code in my port engine, but it seemed to work when I plugged it in.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    The new update came out for the IOS. How do you retrieve it? The Android version was very simple by redirecting to the download link.

I had to download the Test Flight app, that controls downloads to IOS.  I'm not sure if you need to get another code from wally.
  • Options
    @30West you're very lucky a 12 year old boat was pre-wired for smartcarft. What Model boat? 80 degrees next week in DMV

It is a 2004 Cruisers 375 with 8.1S Horizons.  It was a pretty expensive boat 12 years ago, would have had all the bells and whistles for that kind of money.

Low 40* tonight, supposed to just make in above 70* this week.  Hoping to cruise and watch the fall colors from under the camper top a bit before we store it for six months.

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know people think diesels can push boats faster at lower Rpms but i dont think even the biggest diesel engine could beat what my boat did today :smile: 
  • Options
    When you provide feed back as to a feature you may want, respond to the survey or a problem with the app, is anyone getting assistants from VVM support?
  • Options
    elarson5757elarson5757 Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
    When you provide feed back as to a feature you may want, respond to the survey or a problem with the app, is anyone getting assistants from VVM support?
    It's a beta period so I assume all they are doing is cataloging the feedback be it a glitch or a wish list and working on the final version. Typically no feedback on problems or requests at this stage in my experience. 
  • Options
    I was in the UAE when I got the new update. Has anyone used it yet?
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    @Cableguy Greg on Android app still can't select "gal" in main screen which was suppose to be a fix. Haven't been able to update IOS app because it ask for a authorization code and support hasn't responded to any emails. The update has made a few more things user friendly. We're running out of boating season rapidly
  • Options
    WallyWally Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    All,

The app and module are releasing for North America (Canada, Mexico and USA) on Monday (Oct 31st).  You should be able to download the production app for free from either Google Play (Android) or the App Store (Apple).  Verify that it is available, then delete your beta app and download the production version.  The module (8M0115080) also releases for sale on Monday and can be ordered through your Mercury Marine dealer, through the app or from the www.vesselviewmobile.com website for $275 USD.  We plan to release to the EU countries at the end of November and then Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Korea thereafter.  Other countries to follow as we meet their certification & privacy requirements.

I did not get enough bodies to sign up for the third group of testing to send out that set of modules but I do truly appreciate everyone's interest and support.  It has been a crazy last 8 weeks here and we have been hammering to get this product ready to release.  That being said, there will be numerous product enhancements and features added over the next few years as we take all of your feedback and incorporate it into the anticipated additional feedback we will get upon release.  Some of you may be contacted to continue beta testing efforts for future app releases.  We will also be adding "How To" videos to the companion website as they get released over the next several weeks/months.

Again, can't thank you enough for your diligent efforts during this beta phase where you were pretty much on your own.  Just want to extend a heart felt thank you for your time!

Wally

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well guys 7.6K views and counting. Tons of Beta testing. New Apps to follow. Have to love Mercury and Wally. I think that was the biggest read post I ever started? What a lot of fun to read! :-)