Options

Super Cool New Mercury App.

Comments

• Options
    ShelbyShelby Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Nygroove, great pictures!  The 2 blue cables from the junction boxes go to the engines, correct? When you say "can only be keyed on by one engine", does it matter which engine? How could you do it different? Module is mounted on bulkhead in front of engines?  How is the reception to your phone? Local dealer didn't quote me price to change cityid, but said there would a service call fee and an hourly rate. What could one expect to pay for their services? Sorry for so many questions but I think the answers will help everyone. Thanks. Shelby.

2005 320  Twin 350 Mags MPI  Bravo III  Lake Cumberland, KY.
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    Yes, I have noticed that sometimes the average mpg is waaaay off.  For the first few minutes, it'll read 3-4 times higher than it should.  (I *wish* I was getting 4 mpg at 35 mph.)  After a while, it'll settle down.  The figures for total fuel consumption seems to be accurate, so I guess their mpg averaging algorithm is flakey.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nygroove....beautiful install job - professional! Nice to see that green light!
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I tried running the app this weekend but I couldn't get the app to stay connected. It kept freezing/bugging out. Got so bad I had to disconnect the harness and plug back in my MercMonitor and link gauges, My module is installed right at the helm too. Anyone else having these problems?
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Is it right by the VHF?  Did you have other BT connections on the device?  I did notice that after shutting my engine down and then restarting it I would have to log out and reconnect to get it going again. 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only time mine crashed was when I went to check the engine hours. Other than that, it worked fine. The MPG says that it is an average. When I was running on plane around 3800-4000 RPM, I was down to 1.4MPG. When I was just putting along, I was up to 3.8MPG. I would rather see the exact MPG at that time with another screen for the average MPG.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Not by the VHF. That is behind the seat. I will check the bluetooth connections on my iPad again this weekend. 
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    WallyWally Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    NYGroove,

IF those two blue data cables are going to each engine (dual engine application) into the same Junction box AND you do not have the power disconnect open on th eport engine (a feature on some of the very early engines), you will have problems due to tying the two crank batteries together through that junction box.  If it is a single engine install, then you are fine.

Wally

• Options
    NygrooveNygroove Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Wally,
     What kind of problems?So far all has been fine.
  • Options
    onislandtimeonislandtime Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    Have my Module and waiting on the return email for the app. Ordering all Harnesses to complete the smartcraft. If anyone has twin 350MPI and could share their setup?
  • Options
    ShelbyShelby Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    With Wally's help I have put the attached two files together. The crude drawings are directed toward my system which does not have DTS or Smartcraft gauges. Hope this helps.
    2005 320  Twin 350 Mags MPI  Bravo III  Lake Cumberland, KY.
  • Options
    Shelby's drawing was right on! Shelby were you able to purchase all the cables from one vender?

• Options
    WallyWally Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    All,

I am offering one more round of beta testing modules (a third group).  Same requirements as before:
    • I will provide the VesselView Mobile module for free ($275 MSRP) and access to the beta app (iOS or Android)
    • You must be willing to beta test and provide feedback on a regular basis
    • You may have to install additional harnessing (especially on multi engine applications) to establish your SmartCraft network - Mercury does not provide
    • You must have compatible engines - email me your serial numbers: walter.ross@mercmarine.com 
    • Email me your shipping address (if international, I need a phone number as well)
    • I can provide technical support as needed (when I'm available), best contact method is via email (I try to answer forum questions but may miss something and definitely don't spend a lot of time here with work.
    • The access code for the app will be included in the paperwork that is in the hardware package
    I have one person already on the list and several others have asked but I have not kept track so please provide the above info and I will let you know if you are in the third group.  I will post here when the third group is full.  Thanks for your time and input.

Wally

• Options

@Wally - @Shelby......you guys are AWESOME.....MERCURY is the KING of MARINE!

When I posted this offer from MERCURY - 10 forum pages ago, on this thread - I thought it might be AWESOME but I had no idea how AWESOME it would become. I am 100% STOKED!

VERY happy for you guys and 100% behind MERCURY'S customer support and innovation!

• Options
    NygrooveNygroove Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    OK Learned thanks to Wally that my original setup was incorrect and could cause damage.Luckily I do have the multi engine power disconnect so now I am ok with the setup.Below is pic of the connection that should be disconnected on port engine.
  • Options
    @Nygroove...good save and great posting the picture for guys going the mod next. Geez, Wally seems to be a one man army helping everyone with the mod! Gotta love Mercury and its people.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    Well, I'm at boat right now trying to connect. I hav DTS and just plugged main connection into stbd jbox (vesselview is there too). I'm getting an error when it's trying to connect to engine. When it can't connect, then the BLE disconnects. Any ideas? Am I supposed to use both connections?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Just one connector.  I've had times when I had to try 3-4 times to connect, but once it connects, it stays connected.
  • Options
    Thanks LaRea, I was hoping to hear from you. My error is establishing engine connection. Reconnecting...it gets thru CAN, Module, even Engine, Sensors, Battery, but then stops.

• Options
    Odd.  Any time I get it to start that sequence, it always finishes.  So, at least you know the bluetooth connection is active.  I've only tried in iPhone and iPad.  Are you on Android?
  • Options
    Has anyone gotten the surveys yet?
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    I got 1 but it was before I had it working.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    No response from App people. Sent request Tuesday. Anyone have trouple getting a response??
  • Options
    GreggGregg Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    I received unit Wednesday night and had the app by Friday. Interesting that most have said there hours have been more,mine were 7hours less. Only have had a day to play with it,but so far has been great for connecting. No hiccups yet.
  • Options
    Here are some screen shots of the app.

Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    @larea mine is android.  It definitely connects but may not stay connected.  I guess I'll learn more next weekend when I hook up with someone else that has same boat and one of he's beta units as well.

• Options
    elarson5757elarson5757 Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
    Dream_Inn said:
    @larea mine is android.  It definitely connects but may not stay connected.  I guess I'll learn more next weekend when I hook up with someone else that has same boat and one of he's beta units as well.
    My first time out I had no connection issues but every time since it constantly disconnects.  Longest mine has held onto the BT connection is maybe 15 minutes..

Trying different things to see if I can narrow down anything that may be causing it. 
  • Options
    Do you have any other BT devices trying to connect to your phone? Mine wouldn't connect when my BT device for my radio was in my phone.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure you can't have anything running in the background and probably having another device searching for a link would be worse.
  • Options
    elarson5757elarson5757 Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
    Do you have any other BT devices trying to connect to your phone? Mine wouldn't connect when my BT device for my radio was in my phone.
    First thing I thought of so I made sure BT stereo was powered off.  Did all the usual stuff like reboot the phone, close all the apps, etc etc. Nothing changed.