Options

Super Cool New Mercury App.

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably time to PM Wally at Merc?
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    @Cableguy Greg how did you get your fuel level on the VV mobile?
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    @jme097 , no I didn't get the fuel level. I had half a tank, so I put in 50 gallons. Then when I add fuel, I do the adjustment. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    Mine is more like 15 seconds. I just got back from our long weekend trip.  Was fantastic, but never could get the app to stay connected.  Phone didn't have anything else running.  I'll get it figured out next weekend.  Boat sure ran fantastic though!!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Dream_Inn said:
    @larea mine is android.  It definitely connects but may not stay connected.  I guess I'll learn more next weekend when I hook up with someone else that has same boat and one of he's beta units as well.
    I'm curious.  Did you try disconnecting your VV and plugging the BT module in its place to rule out any cross compatibility or port issues on the JBox?
  • Options
    GreggGregg Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    Have used mine 5-6 times on android  and have had no issues at all.
  • Options
    Craig, I had not done that yet.  I was going to do it, but didn't want to mess as I was pulling out for the weekend (know how Murphy's Law is :) )  I will definitely give it a try this weekend.  I did see though on here someone else that was using VV with it, so hoping both would work together.

• Options
    MDboaterMDboater Member Posts: 298 ✭✭✭
    Here are some screen shots of the app.
    From what source does the app pull data on outside air temperature and wind speed/direction?
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it pulls that stuff off the net for your location.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    onislandtimeonislandtime Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    Still waiting (for a week) to get the app. Wally is on the case!
  • Options
    Wally is a good guy! He'll fix you up - if it's possible. Love Mercury products!
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    edited September 2016
    Merc just released version 1.0.7i.  You should receive an email notification.  

Edit:  Merc suggests deleting VVM and TestFlight so you can do a clean install.
    Post edited by LaRea on
  • Options
    Was it difficult for the Merc tech to change the Cityid from starboard to port for the twin engine guys?
  • Options
    I've done it on a few boats, having the right tool.  It takes about 2 minutes to configure each engine.  If you were in our marina, a buddy is doing his boat tomorrow.  It's just plugging in the tool and cycling thru the configuration to change the one parameter.

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So where's the feedback form? Or do you get that via email too? 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    They issued one online survey a couple weeks ago, but nothing since then. I've been emailing bug reports to Support.VVM@mercmarine.com, and they have been very responsive.

There is also a feedback button in the VVM app.
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    Mike_G said:
    So.. just preface.. I agree that dedicated marine grade systems are the way to go when the cost is justified (ie doing more than "day boating" on a single lake or if the cost of said marine electronics is minute when compared to the cost of the boat they are being installed on).  However it is interesting the credibility that tablets and electronic devices these days seem to get (see below).

The FAA certifies that iPads and Android tablets can be the sole device used by pilots for pre-flight planning, in-flight navigation and reference for electronic charts at all times during a flight.

Scary or no?  It does seem to lend some credibility to tablets and their dependability these days though.  -=Mike G.
    Well, yes the FAA does allow it, but there are parameters set in place. For 135 and 121 operations, there are strict guidelines in place to help insure redundancy, in the event of a failure. Our opspecs say we have to have two in the cockpit, along with our IFIS charts in the airplane. Along with that, every iOS, and app updates have to to beta tested within the company, before we can do them to our iPads, to ensure no glitches and such. 
  • Options
    NygrooveNygroove Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Tried 1.0.7 for android yesterday.From what I was able to see they added real time fuel flow but crashed constantly,so much it was unusable.Im not sure if it was ready to be downloaded but I saw it in the hockeyapp and tried it.Looks to have the items that people have been requesting look forward to a working version.
  • Options
    VVM_HelpVVM_Help Member Posts: 1
    Greetings all.  Thank you for all of your participation in our Beta test phase with the new App from Mercury.  If you are experiencing any issues, please drop a quick email to vvm.support@mercmarine.com.  I can assure you we are constantly monitoring this mailbox and will address any issues you are experiencing.  As some have stated, if you are experiencing App performance issues, you must uninstall the previous version before installing the new version 1.07.  If you have already installed 1.07, just uninstall then re-install.  This applies to both iOS and Android devices.  We're sorry for this inconvenience.  Thanks again for help us.
  • Options
    @VVM-Help.....As a life long Mercury customer, who has owned two Axius systems and was the one who originally posted this thread some 5.5 thousand views ago..... I wish the THANK Mercury development teams and staff for your continuous dedication to excellence, across the years. You made my boating experience a joy with your superb products.

Although I am no longer able to own a boat it is with pride that I continue to monitor the world class effort and dedication exemplified by your team.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As usual you are on a 10 foot pedestal MT
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    That would be your eminence to you Steve!.....Seriously Steve can you imagine any other boat equipment manufacturer giving away NC equipment and software along with a help line that is reactive? Sure we are doing some testing for them, big deal, we get far more out of it in the end!....Get out of the wrong side of your berth again?
  • Options
    I'm just glad I don't have puters on my boat
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    When I select "connect" on the app I get a new window for me to select the vesselview BT. I select that and it starts to load then I receive this error screen. Anyone have a solution from the same error? Support must be off on Fridays and weekends because I haven't receive a response from emailing them yesterday. And before the comedies comment lol, Yes, I keyed the engine on
  • Options
    A true Marylander lol
  • Options
    When I select "connect" on the app I get a new window for me to select the vesselview BT. I select that and it starts to load then I receive this error screen. Anyone have a solution from the same error? Support must be off on Fridays and weekends because I haven't receive a response from emailing them yesterday. And before the comedies comment lol, Yes, I keyed the engine on
    I have the same problem actually.. 

I've got a 383 M.p.i, it's connected to the plug on the rear left of the engine, if standing on the swim platform looking forward. 

Just got the app installed today on a galaxy note 5, the actual unit only has one green blinking light next to bluetooth, the "smart craft" light is not on or blinking, this is with the key in any position, or even with the engine running. 

I'm pretty sure this is the only plug it can plug into..hoping I hooked it into the wrong place? Anyone with a 350/383, where'd you plug yours in? 
  • Options
    elarson5757elarson5757 Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
    J3ff said:
    I have the same problem actually.. 

I've got a 383 M.p.i, it's connected to the plug on the rear left of the engine, if standing on the swim platform looking forward. 

Just got the app installed today on a galaxy note 5, the actual unit only has one green blinking light next to bluetooth, the "smart craft" light is not on or blinking, this is with the key in any position, or even with the engine running. 

I'm pretty sure this is the only plug it can plug into..hoping I hooked it into the wrong place? Anyone with a 350/383, where'd you plug yours in? 
    The plug you plugged it into on the boat...did it have a yellow plug in it you had to take out with the word "terminator" on it?

There should have been a plug in it you had to take out and the one you took out gets plugged into the open spot on the module harness.  When done the module harness is plugged into the boat and the terminator plug is plugged into the other open socket on the harness.  No open plugs. 

No Smartcraft light on the module means it is not communicating with the motor.  

• Options
    I have twin engines. Would it be possible to just connect the starboard engine and run the VV as a single engine? Merc tech can't come out until Monday to switch the cityiD?
  • Options
    This is the plug, it is labeled "can" and is purple on my 350MPI.
  • Options
    I have one connector (the main connector) plugged into the can line.  The can line did have a waterproof cap on it that needed to be removed.

The secondary plug coming from the module (it "T's" off from the main line) has a waterproof cap on it and is not plugged in... should it plugged in somewhere?