Options

What did you do to your boat today

Comments

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a good splash!
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm tired of suffering from shrinkage while taking a shower on the boat.  
  • Options
    care to guess what a vm4.2 diesel doesn't have?????   Heater core lines.   I either have to tee into my water pump or settle for the genny to heat.    I wish I had looked at that before ordering.  I'm just now uncovering the boat for the first time this year.  
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    @PickleRick T into the pump. It’s nice to have hot water at the ready after you get to your destination if the generator wasn’t on.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    I am going to look into getting this hooked up to the closed side of the cooling as the water heater and air conditioner cannot be running at the same time. It will be nice to shower and not be sweaty as we are toweling off.   The boat was originally originally wired for two 110 shore power hook ups with one dedicated to the AC.   Since we don't have a dock and I run it all from the genny it's currently all dialed into one.     We spend all of our on water time on the hook.  I only attach to shore power when I'm parked back at home in the drive way. 

I get no pitty from most of the local boaters when I explain the hardships of having to turn the AC off in the morning while I toast bagels via air fryer and make coffee with the kureg(sp?). 

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Put the canvas up, wiped down everything inside and vacuumed, flushed fresh water tank and lines and filled. Hot water and fridge in operation and put in aft berth mattress. Tested new A/C but need to prime pump.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Hooked the batteries up, changed my starboard thermostat housing (crazy what salt water can do!), and changed both belts with Gates belts. My port belt had a cut in it. I also used my olive oil trick on the corian, it lasted the full season last year.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    Found out today that I had a crack at the water distribution housing drain 🙄. Happy that I found it now and not when she’s in the water. I left the drain plug out all winter, it must’ve happened when I put the drain plug back in before I ran her today.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    They are fragile, happened to me once. You can change in the water, nothing comes flooding in.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 880 ✭✭✭
    Mechanic found same crack in mine after I bought boat while he was replacing a water pump.
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both of my water distribution housings on the 342 went within weeks of each other. Hairline cracks. These are made of nylon which drys out over many years. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Both of my water distribution housings on the 342 went within weeks of each other. Hairline cracks. These are made of nylon which drys out over many years. 
    I bought 2 to have 1 on hand if the port side goes. 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Good call!

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    So, I had a productive Friday.  Cleaned the entire boat, installed my nice new clean isenglass, cleaned the engine room, installed new starter batteries, installed new dinghy registration numbers & fixed horn.  Went to take boat out Saturday and port side motor didn't start.  I had thought the issue was batteries so I had just replaced both as they were getting old.  Well, after making sure wiring was ok, I started to try to remove the starter.  WOW!  I think I found an almost impossible task!  I spent 7 hours on Saturday to try to get one of the two starter bolts off with no success. 

Today I tinkered and tried a couple things before I finally had my son come down with a couple more tools and tricks.  Well, I finally was able to use a ratchet with a 3 foot long metal breaker bar on it.  With me in between the two motors under the back of the port one holding the socket on, my son was under the front of the engine pulling the breaker bar.  It broke loose.  Luckily and strangely my son was actually able to fit under the motor and help get the second bolt off and then the wires. I tested it out and after jumping  the solenoid and applying power, the starter did nothing. I ordered a new OEM starter that I expedited to arrive on Wednesday. 

Whew!  I thought for sure I was going to have to pay someone to do it!  (which, if you know me, that really hurts!)  Unfortunately I didn't get to enjoy a nice weather weekend but at least it happened to be a weekend the admiral wasn't in town to enjoy it on the boat anyhow.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,557 mod
    @Dream_Inn -- Well done!  Fear of that job is why I replaced two perfectly good starters when I had the engines out in 2020.  I can't fathom doing it place.  
  • Options
    The 270 compartment probably has a little more room to work- pulled mine just after we got it. They sure might be able to pick a better spot...
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    @rasbury I actually read your topic on it on Saturday when I was trying to figure out if the starter was the problem.  And then on another one of your topics later you had that you replaced it. I figured I just needed to go for it or I’d be waiting another week.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
  • Options
    Looks new!

• Options
    Dream_Inn said:
    @rasbury I actually read your topic on it on Saturday when I was trying to figure out if the starter was the problem.  And then on another one of your topics later you had that you replaced it. I figured I just needed to go for it or I’d be waiting another week.
    I was not having any issues with it turning over- I was concerned when it started turning into starting issues but I could tell by putting the battery switch on both or the house battery it still turned over fine- but I was concerned!
  • Options
    Took the shrink wrap off and washed her!

2008 330EC
  • Options
    A bit late but over the weekend we “moved in” with tubs of stuff going in, beds made, gave her a nice bath, got the A/C pump primed and operational, fitted the control unit, replaced the anchor with a Lewmar plow, refit the shore power and water clips I have on the dock and fit back the MarineMat.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    SimcoeRinker400SimcoeRinker400 Member Posts: 319 ✭✭✭
    Polished the props today I think they turned out pretty nice… Also added the steering angle sensor also.  

2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
    2023 Seadoo Spark Trixx x 2
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When are you going in @SimcoeRinker400 ?
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    SimcoeRinker400SimcoeRinker400 Member Posts: 319 ✭✭✭
    Going In Next week.  Could of been in this week but too many other things came up and I wanted to give the black hull a good go-over.
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
    2023 Seadoo Spark Trixx x 2
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We washed the blankets I also think I figured out why my amp stopped working intermittent. I believe the ground needs to be fixed at the source since I moved the main grounding cable when I moved a battery. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Rich_Rich_ Member Posts: 138 ✭✭
    Put the Rinker back in after a bottom de-scumming (not painted). New prop for the Whaler arrived and will swap that later when the paint on the Grady dries and gets splashed. Still have not touched the Pacemaker or Waverunners

2002 180      Eastern LI, NY
  • Options
    That is one sweet Grady white.