Options

What did you do to your boat today

Comments

• Options
    SimcoeRinker400SimcoeRinker400 Member Posts: 320 ✭✭✭
    Bought the rudder angle sensor but when reviewing the wiring stuff there was a fuel-sending unit wires to attach to the fuel tanks on Smart Craft 496 engines.  So this should bring up the fuel tank info on the my MFD.  
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
    2023 Seadoo Spark Trixx x 2
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Awesome @SimcoeRinker400 - it is great to have the full integration. I needed two fuel harnesses to make it work (port tank hooked to port motor and starboard tank hooked to starboard motor). 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    This harness has tank 1 and 2.  
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Yes, but I found that each engine only outputs data for one tank. I believe it is the pink wire on the engine connector that provides the fuel level data to the ECM.

I ran one harness from the starboard motor to both tank senders and connected the pink wire to the starboard tank sender and the blue wire to the port tank sender.

For the second harness, I removed all of the pins from the connector except the blue wire. I then removed the blue wire pin at the connector at the starboard engine and spliced it to the blue wire on the second harness which I connected to the port engine.

Heres a pic of the port harness connector. 

Maybe there's an easier way but this how I got it to work with the VesselView Link.
    Post edited by YYZRC on
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    but will it transfer info in spanish 
  • Options
    @YYZRC
    You have different engines than I do but I won't know until I get in the engine bay.  Says one harness for the 496HO engines.
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    I uncovered the boat and took a nice cruise today.  Sure rode nice!  3900 rpm, 32mph.  We got most of the stuff loaded back in as well.  Only mishap was I had a half quart of gear lube in my bilge.  I put the cap on the reservoir cross threaded and barely on.  Got it all cleaned up and good now.  The alarm had gone off just as I was docking.  With the mess I thought the worst!  She’s sitting at my mechanic for the yearly pull drives, lube and alignment check.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    GMSLITHO said:
    just got my new fridge from china $390 
    I'm liking that SM74 or is it a CD?  We sold out in June of 2022. Still in my blood though.
  • Options
    New AC unit mostly installed. 

• Options
    johnny44johnny44 Confirm Email, Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    My brand new Hill Marine 4x4 20 pitch props are on today after being coated with Prop Speed to keep the barnacles off (had a problem with that last summer). Replaced the Mercruiser 4x3 21 pitch props that were on there when I bought the boat. Really looking forward to seeing if they will help reduce RPM's at plane. With the 4x3 I had to run about 3700 RPM with the tabs trimmed to stay on plane, using about 26 GPH. It will be a couple of months before she is splashed but I will report back.
    2008 350 EC -- Greenwich Bay, Rhode Island
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Put in the new hatch lift actuator and also added new engine bay lights. Lights are nice and bright so I can see all the dirt now 😢

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,578 mod
    ER lighting is such a great luxury!
  • Options
    Rich_Rich_ Member Posts: 142 ✭✭

Finished the main mounting and checks. Still have to clean up the under dash wiring, mount the transducer and add gas. Needs a good cleaning and the warranty registration then the break in period starts. 
    2002 180      Eastern LI, NY
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    @Aqua_Aura just wondering how do you access the lift pin if the lift malfunctions? On my 342 you have to remove the table mount. Also there is a "slider" that is supposed to go over the shaft so you can remove the pin with no stress on it. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Mine is accessed from the a vent cover in the lazaret, I have had to do it before. I know the slider you speak of but it sure didn't help the first time I had to do it. I could actually make a small sleeve for this to accomplish that but the first thing I am gonna do is add a longer pin so it's easier to reach and has a better pull handle. 

The pin is backwards on the photo I flipped it after I took the photo. 
    Post edited by Aqua_Aura on
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Skeg fixed, lubed up and ready to go. 

• Options
    MH342MH342 Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    @Aqua_Aura that looks great, it’s been on my list to add ER lights for quite some time. What did you use for lights?
  • Options
    I used 2 of the 4. They have an on off button so you can leave them off since they are connected to the cockpit light switch (at least on my boat). If my cockpit lights are on I don't really want the engine lights on for no reason. 

12v LED Interior Light Bar?CT CAPETRONIX 120LEDs 1500LM 8W DC 12 Volt led Strip Lights with ON/Off Switch?for Enclosed Cargo Trailer, Car RV Van Truck https://www.amazon.com/dp/B094R1VNQX/ref=cm_sw_r_apanp_QYfwZTjEol6xw
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    @YYZRC the drive looks too nice to put back on the boat!!!!   :)
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
  • Options
    Put the re-hubbed prop on the Rinker and ready to go. 

Very quick clean and floated the Whaler. 

Took a quick ride in Whaler with a buddy as chase boat in Rinker. Have to get a new prop to match the new engine, current one is too much. 

Still have to test Rinker prop. Original aluminum one was pretty beat up so got a 19 pitch Stiletto stainless. He said the Rinker did well with that prop but was not terribly calm out to see what either boat would do. 
  • Options
    Finished cleaning and then took her out for a shakedown cruise. Also just received new speakers that will get installed Thursday. Hill Marine saved me some money as well today. "Do you make Volvo DPS props?" "We do not" 😂

KICKER 49KM604WL KM 6.5" 4Ω Blue LED Marine Coaxial Speakers - Pair https://a.co/d/0baj4pp
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    edited March 2023
    Well, I’m glad I did my routine of having my boat pulled and alignment checked each year. It is the one thing I leave to my mechanic and tell him to fix anything like it’s his own.  Got the text today that they finished it but there was water in the stbd gimbal bearing bellows.  U joint looked fine, but had to replace bellow and gimbal bearing. 

Curious about a little mud in there.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Yikes.  Well, you are a poster child for preventive maintenance.  
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I got the new speakers....... Installed sorta. The top screws are in and all the speakers work but I need to wire the LED lighting that they have and adjust the original speaker hole and screw holes. 

Post edited by Aqua_Aura on
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭
    Replaced the galley sink drain. Old one was disgusting.

• Options
    Did some safety oriented labeling...

• Options
    Love the new sink drain. Do you have a link? 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Aqua_Aura said:
    Love the new sink drain. Do you have a link? 
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002UC4XMW
  • Options
    Put up the bimini to see how it fits. Have to make a bow cover and look into a mooring cover. 

• Options
    The rain's beading up pretty well on that canvas.