Options

What did you do to your boat today

Comments

• Options
    Rich_Rich_ Member Posts: 138 ✭✭
    Tested out the new high and dry rack since I don’t plan to paint the bottom 

2002 180      Eastern LI, NY
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,557 mod
    Dude you absolutely crack me up.  Why pay a yard for launching, when you can just keep a full-size excavator at your place!   :D 
  • Options
    I rebuilt my bulkhead a few years ago and the excavator keeps coming back there. Every time I move the machine to do another job, instead of taking it to my shop, it goes back to the dock for launching watercraft (and maybe some dredging when nobody is looking). The Grady still goes to the ramp (although with the new sling/spreader setup it might not) and the big boat goes to the marina since I do not have a travel-lift. 
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭
    @Rich_ I started rebuilding my bulkhead last weekend and could of used your excavator.  I borrowed one that is smaller and i am just a bit too close to the edge to be comfortable.  If you see a news article about a guy in Annapolis having to be pulled out of the water you will know who it was.

It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    I had to do some long reaching for piles. 16’ extension in place of the bucket. 

• Options
    As my dad used to say, that is a Thing of Beauty!
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New sink drain, moved one of my batteries to starboard for weight distribution and got my canvas back on after some adjustments. Had the sides extended down so I can add snaps and seal it over the window and extended upward to cover the bottom of the isinglass that was sun faded and cracked. Also had a couple small things done on the back canvas. 

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    tricountytrailtricountytrail Member Posts: 186 ✭✭

YYZRC said:
    Drives mounted, trim gauges adjusted, trim limiter set, ready for water. 

Wondering how you set the digital trim set points? full down full up and max trim while running. I dont have vessel view but added simrad chart plotter with nema connection, is there a procedure? Or will I have to hook up my rinda laptop and do it there?

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tricountytrail , did you replace you trim pucks with digital units?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wondering how you set the digital trim set points? full down full up and max trim while running. I dont have vessel view but added simrad chart plotter with nema connection, is there a procedure? Or will I have to hook up my rinda laptop and do it there?

I have the VV Link hooked to my Simrads. I don’t think you can get trim readings via NMEA. In the VV menus there is an offset for the trim gauge reading. I manually got the pucks as close to 0 as possible when fully down and set the offset from there. 

Max trim when running is 21.75” ram length as measured from center of mounting pin to center of mounting pin. 

The trim pucks on my boat are analog and digital. You just have to swap the connection at the transom. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭✭
    She came out of storage yesterday so I went down and power washed the winter coating off. Planning to prep this week with a view to launch by the weekend.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    tricountytrailtricountytrail Member Posts: 186 ✭✭
    YYZRC said:

I have the VV Link hooked to my Simrads. I don’t think you can get trim readings via NMEA. In the VV menus there is an offset for the trim gauge reading. I manually got the pucks as close to 0 as possible when fully down and set the offset from there. 

Max trim when running is 21.75” ram length as measured from center of mounting pin to center of mounting pin. 

The trim pucks on my boat are analog and digital. You just have to swap the connection at the transom. 
    My analog gages are working but no input from digital switch at least for nema display. I will have to see if I can set them with the rinda software once I get it in water. 
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Icom M330 VHF installed:

07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome...looks factory installed
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That really looks nice...
  • Options
    Thanks guys!

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many things but most importantly..... No more rattling bolt latch on the transom door. Put the rubber grommet in from the auto parts store. 

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Had the same rattling issue on my 342 similar plastic insert solved it. Will definitely take care of it for you. 

• Options
    Started prep - cleaned off scum line, removed old anodes, cleaned off drives, masked and painted. Then pulled out the A/C ready to install a new and hopefully quieter one. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was a busy day @Ian!
  • Options
    Sure was @rasbury, was feeling it at the end of the day. More tomorrow!

How’s the young lady doing?

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    Good to hear Ras.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    edited April 2023
    Yesterday fit new anodes to drive - yep, stupid only ordered one set so another one the way - and pulled AC duct out and fit new unit and hooked in wiring. New duct, pipe work and tidy up to be done, ran out of time.
    Post edited by Ian on

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    Ian said:
    Yesterday fit new anodes to drive - yep, stupid only ordered one set so another one the way.
    Been there - done that! Don't feel bad!  :D
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    I did nothing! While we were out of town this weekend, our dock neighbor power washed our dock. I owe him some libations when we bring the boat in a few weeks.

• Options
    Same at our club -- power washers were out for our spring work day.  I spent the morning mixing concrete ... new anchors for our no-wake buoys.

Also got my Vessel Safety Check.
  • Options
    A few hours yesterday and today - final led the AC install, touched up bottom paint and buffed below rub rail so she can splash tomorrow. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”