Options

What did you do to your boat today

Comments

• Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    Thanks @aero3113  @Ian it was very reasonable   $53 for enough acrylic to make two (just in case of mistake) and $34 for vinyl wrap. Hardest part was making jig to heat shape the acrylic because curve at bottom of panel is different then topif I had to do it again I would invert jig to heat from the back because the black acrylic blushed the face from heat gun if I wanted to leave it unwrapped
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

While getting stuff ready to work on the boat found this in the garage and I guess it's a lesson learned to store caulks and adhesives in a controlled environment.  :o (Though the ones in plastic tubes were fine. Just this tube of 4000 with a metal casing split open and oozed out.)  
  • Options
    I don't even try to save unused anything in a tube....until they come up with a real way to cap it off it goes bad and when you need it, your making a trip anyway...
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    I need to start buying only 1-ounce tubes.  A 3-ounce tube costs $20 to use $1 of product.

Anyway, what I did to my boat today is:  I scheduled the yard to launch her on March 17!  That's the day before our yacht club's annual Sock Burning party, so I'll definitely need to dewinterize the head.   :)
  • Options
    rasbury said:
    I don't even try to save unused anything in a tube....until they come up with a real way to cap it off it goes bad and when you need it, your making a trip anyway...
    Sad part is that was a brand new, unused tube I bought last fall. $20 down the drain...
  • Options
    earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    TonyG13 said:
    rasbury said:
    Sad part is that was a brand new, unused tube I bought last fall. $20 down the drain...
    I see some people keep  4200 & 5200 in the refrigerator once they open them. Does anyone know if that actually works?
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭
    I scheduled the yard to launch her on March 17!  That's the day before our yacht club's annual Sock Burning party, so I'll definitely need to dewinterize the head.   :)
    Sock Burning party. That's hilarious.

Definitely not a Canadian thing....never come across that before.
    Mid March is time to at least swap out snow tires tho.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    just got my new fridge from china $390 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Heck with the fridge - which is nice - but looks like you have it stored in a doomsday bunker.  :D
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,562 mod
    Yeah, I was a bit curious too what it was sitting on in that picture!  What are the specs on that fridge?  Is it a cockpit fridge or salon?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    Don’t see a handle. How the heck do you open it?
  • Options
    It’s sitting on the catwalk of a printing press i had it shipped to my work I took the latch off it was damaged in the shipping the seller is sending a replacement 
  • Options
    Since the control panel is in the door, is it still reversible or did you have to specify right/left handed opening?
  • Options
    Never thought of it 
  • Options
    looks like it can be made reversable 
  • Options
    Also installed an access hatch in the galley cabinet bottom in case I need to look for any water leaks/intrusions under the cabinet...

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice @TonyG13 ! I put the same cooktop in my Four Winns to replace the same style Kenyon and was very happy.
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 740 ✭✭✭
    TonyG13,  

Where did you get the new cooktop? 
  • Options
    Amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08PF36P29

Looks like it's at ~$80 right now. I bought it at $60. Price seems to fluctuate between $50-80.

It was the only highly-rated sub-$100 drop-in single burner I could find. And I guess if @YYZRC approves of it, it must be good!
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    TonyG13 said:
    It was the only highly-rated sub-$100 drop-in single burner I could find. And I guess if @YYZRC approves of it, it must be good!
    Lol @TonyG13 - I believe we actually need @aero3113 ‘s approval before we can consider this an acceptable upgrade. 

I found this old pic. Mine was Furrion brand but very similar and I think it was about $50 USD. 

2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LoL!
    I like it!
    I especially like the touch buttons that get rid of the knob.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Rich_Rich_ Member Posts: 138 ✭✭
    Floated a new to me 17’ Whaler yesterday. Old PA law enforcement boat that had a zero hour engine on it so started the break-in. Ordered a new 70 Yamaha for the 15’ Whaler. Got a replacement prop for the Rinker. 
    2002 180      Eastern LI, NY
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    Feels like December with Andy Williams singing: 
    "It's the most, wonderful time, of the year"
  • Options
    Rich_Rich_ Member Posts: 138 ✭✭
    Following me home from PA

Backyard excavator launch

2002 180      Eastern LI, NY
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,562 mod
    I just got a call today that my rear canvas is ready.  I’ll pick it up on Saturday.  Can’t wait!  Although I’m holding out on uncovering the boat this year, I can easily put on under the cover. The weather seems to have turned crappy after our warmest February in 150 years.  I usually don’t have the patience but I’ll wait patiently this year.
    @Rich_ that is a great looking whaler and should be lots of fun!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Nice to hear you guys back in the game!