What did you do to your boat today

Comments

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come teach me how to sew!
  • Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Thanks @rasbury  but one job a whole winter wont make me much LOL. @PickleRick  Sailrite YouTube videos taught me
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Stuck some cool Merc stickers on the trailer

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    04FV270riverrat04FV270riverrat Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭

I added a snap to the top center of the camper top so I can un zip my entry door and then use the roll up snap to hold the door open instead of rolling it up. Works great at the dock.
  • Options
    Rich_Rich_ Member Posts: 138 ✭✭
    That should keep the plastic clearer longer by not rolling it every time.
    What did I do to the boats today....put the Rinker back in the water (no bottom paint so get pulled and washed a lot), put the Whaler on the rack to paint the bottom, put $300 worth of gas in the Grady, went to look at another 15' Whaler that will probably follow me home tomorrow and dropped the kids' 3 sailboats off at their summer sailing camp. 
    2002 180      Eastern LI, NY
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    Added 505 gallons of diesel, and motored from Hampton up to Tides Inn on the Rappahannock River in Virginia.  Awesome day!  But I only did one repair job -- replaced a missing piece of hardware on a helm seat.  
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anchored on the north side bay on Kelly’s island for a bit yesterday. Nice and relaxing spot.

07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭✭
    Pat310 said:
    Thanks @rasbury  but one job a whole winter wont make me much LOL. @PickleRick  Sailrite YouTube videos taught me
    We have the same vessel so maybe you can do mine…. Any chance you’ve made yourself a helm/captains chair cover?

BTW if you are ever thinking of getting MarineMat or similar I have the template from when I did mine.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Yep, it followed me home today

• Options
    edited June 2023
    we don't have a dock so most of our time is spent hidden deep in a cove.  Occasionally well get a bass fisherman visitor.   We want a little privacy while eating breakfast or getting changed for the day.   The windows in the 2859 are similar to that of an aquarium.  @Pat310 needs to give me some sewing lessons.  Eventually I want to make a canvas cover for both mooring and storage, something that snaps together in sections so I'm not fighting all that weight 12 ft in the air on a freshly washed and waxed hull.   

• Options
    Rich_ said:
    Yep, it followed me home today

That looks like a fun little fishing boat
  • Options
    In my opinion the 15’ Boston Whaler is the best small boat ever made. Small enough to be used as a dinghy (I tow it on longer trips that the kids don’t want to drive), big enough to keep people dry compared to an inflatable, decent V that will cut chop but stable with the tri-hull, great shallow draft and fast enough for water sports. 
    This one was bought new in 1990 and now has a 2023 Yamaha 70

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the 15 super sport! 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Ian said:
    Pat310 said:
    We have the same vessel so maybe you can do mine…. Any chance you’ve made yourself a helm/captains chair cover?

BTW if you are ever thinking of getting MarineMat or similar I have the template from when I did mine.
    I have a helm cover that came with the boat. May have to add chair cover to next winters project list. Think if I was to replace carpet I would give getting material and edging it myself a shot
  • Options
    FormulabenFormulaben Confirm Email, Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    rasbury said:
    Why did you not use the ordinal switch panel? I have tan as well...
    The thin pieces of plastic in between the switches were breaking, some missing altogether.  I figured 1/8" aluminum would work for now...long term I'd like to do a glass panel, but it'll have to wait.

2006 Fiesta Vee 270
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh it looked nice, I'd roll on to the next project!
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭✭
    Pat310 said:
    Ian said:
    Pat310 said:

I have a helm cover that came with the boat. May have to add chair cover to next winters project list. Think if I was to replace carpet I would give getting material and edging it myself a shot
    Can you send me a photo of the cover sometime?

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Ordered some of this non-skid deck wax to try out. Already buffed the platform in the spring.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let us know how it works @mattie !
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 739 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Remove my refrigerator after 11 year of services. It finally quick working.

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great info, thanks for taking the time to post!
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    You're going to make some people here awfully paranoid when they find out their stock pulleys are not all exactly true(vehicles and boats).  There's a certain % or degree run out that is acceptable but for the life of me I cannot remember it at the moment.  

But your pulley shouldn't come out by pulling on it with your bare hands!!! Lol. If that's the case you're screwed!!!
    Post edited by PickleRick on
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm ashamed to say that mine was way off. When I put a straight edge on it I think that the power steering was at least a quarter of an inch behind the crank pulley. And it was on an angle. I think that plus the pressure of the belt pulling at a weird angle was what killed the power steering pump earlier than it should have. What I saw when I was doing the research was that it basically can be about one groove out of sinc. They also said that the further away pulleys are from each other the more flexibility you can have
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Since she left me hanging with a leak from the power steering cooler, I cheated on her and took a CC out and had some fun with out her.. 

• Options
    In our first week having the boat at our home marina, here's my "what did you do to your boat today" list.  The biggie was the ice maker, which I try to use as often as possible!

This is in addition to many hours of crawling around figuring stuff out.  

124 Install ice maker
    63 Handheld extinguishers not labeled/easily accessible
    102 Replace missing hardware on helm seats
    119 Realign door of cockpit deep freezer
    131 Repair chipped floor tiles in both heads
    33 Need label for fire extinguisher remote handle
    51 Need label for fuel cutoff valve
    132 Tighten door handle to main head
    133 Repair windshield washer system
    117 Salt water pump inop (no anchor washdown)
    30 Adjust hatch windows in heads to stop leaks
  • Options
    The other critical item:  today I installed 500 feet of LED string lights to prepare for our yacht club's 20th annual parade of lights tomorrow!  Yes, you read that correctly.  Five 100-foot strings of lights.  Tomorrow I'll add a 6-foot US flag and a bunch of other lights. 

Normal rules will apply:  if you don't post photos, it never happened.  
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 739 ✭✭✭
    Install my new domestic refrigerator from Boat And RV Accessories . Great prices $850

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    That is an awesome price @oscar1 Looks great!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay