Options

What did you do to your boat today

Comments

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only child I am raising is myself. Someday I'll grow up 😆. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My sister is working on the boat vinyl 
    The admiral wanted to name her H2HOE or Hey you guys....i chose the latter.  Give her the goonies feel.
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it!!! We don't live too far from Haystack Rock/Astoria. They actually recently stopped allowing people up the road to see the house from Goonies. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cleaned the boat today and replaced the transom door barrel latch for the second time this season 🙄.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Really impressed with Meguiars Ceramic Detailer. Chatted with Meguiars they said it works perfect with gelcoat. Wiped down the hull sides in a half hour.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After polishing or for a refresh,?
  • Options
    Just refresh. Big thumbs up.
  • Options
    I bought a an OEM cockpit cover from TJ . Figured it will be good to have when storms come in and storage in the yard when the shrink wrap is off. Just waiting on the snaps I need to install on the windshield frame(they were supposed to be included but were missing).

2008 330EC
  • Options
    Can’t beat OEM stuff. 
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Defrosted fridge (think I left the door open a bit the other day)
    Washed
    Put in new IAC filters
    Washed the spark arrestors
    Installed new TV antenna and amp
    Replaced hatch switch
    Installed dock power cable holders to dock. 

Now waiting for friends to go cruising. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Productive day @icoultha
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    rkinrossrkinross Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Over the past two days I replaced the impeller in my 1982 Chrysler 75 hp.  The impeller came out fairly easily and went in in about 2 hours.  It took the remainder of a day and a half to insert the drive shaft into the lower leg.  I had to use a floor jack to lift the lower unit slowly into the crank shaft and have the splines match up.  Hopefully I will not have to do this for another 3 years.  
  • Options
    i did a lot this weekend.  First off fixed a huge leak from the shower stall drain.  I still think I have a leak from the toilet intake line but we will see now that the big leak is fixed.  I think a lack of winterizing from a cali boat is the issue.

New remote spot light installed.  

New prop, a solas 19 inch by 15p prop along with an se300 hydro foil. I need rpm and stern lift.  Im still stuck between 2500 and 3000 rpms wot depending on weight on board.   I really want a hill marine but i want to try this first.   16p is the lowest pitch i can get.  

I should be hitting 3600 to 3800 wot.

I have a chemical bottom paint removal ordered.  Once in I will remove some 10 coats of bottom paint. If shes blister free or close to I will be wet sanding and polishing the gel coat.  

Also, she's clean!!!
  • Options
    when I bought the boat she had a huge bait tank on the platform.  This sucked as you couldn't get to the ladder from the transom door.  All the plumbing and this wash down hose just hung from back.  

I installed a thru hull and quick disconnect so I can stow the hose when not in use.
  • Options
    some much needed aluminum deck chairs.  I really wanted stainless folding deck chairs but then i lifted some.  

Also had to reroute my AC thru hull at 1am last night.  Worked great on a garden hose but apparently had too much of a rise going from the thru hull to the strainer then to the pump. She ran about a half hour after priming then the low pressure switch activated.

An hour later I had it working.  Kept the cabin approx 68 to 70 degrees all night.  The bathroom vent had to be closed to go in there.  

Im very pleased with 9000 btu perfomance.  Much better than the roll around ac with window tube
  • Options
    The bathroom vent had to be closed to go in there.  

Isn’t that a dfferent problem? 😁

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    No potty vent sadly but it does have big sliding window.  Its strategically placed a foot or so from the holding tank vent.
  • Options
  • Options
    new boost gauge.  This one I verified it was working on the bench.  Also ordered a tiny tach to verify my rpm gauge is accurate.  Im currently still some 2600-2700 rpms wot at approximatelyately 22-23 mpg.  I need to be at 3400 minimum. Removing 20 layers of bottom paint could help free up several mph and 2 to 300 rpm.  

I will evetually do a compression test but that will be after the season ends so if I tear any fuel rail washers I dont miss out on time on the water. No smoke, no oil or coolant consumption, easy starting cold all lead me to believe she's good internally.  No excess blow by when oil fill cap is removed.  

I hear the turbo spooling and have found no leaks in the aftetcooler/intake.

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to have a boost gauge if you have boost!

Poked around down in the engine room looking for a leak.. odd, what's supposed to go on this? there's def some water inside it, but it doesn't seem to over flow at idle.. 

• Options
    skuter99skuter99 Member Posts: 174 ✭✭

I believe mine just has a cap on there, no hoses or anything

• Options
    Think I have a cap on them also, just a rubber cap that slips on no clamps.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well it looks like a good place for water to be coming out of.. even if it's just a little.. no?  :D
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J3ff said:
    well it looks like a good place for water to be coming out of.. even if it's just a little.. no?  :D
    It does indeed. Anybody know what it's for? Is it a pressure blow off if a line gets plugged or something?
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    If you have a schrade valve to blow the system out with air for winterization the lines hook up to it at the top.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Ahh. Makes sense.
  • Options
    04FV270riverrat04FV270riverrat Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭
    I swapped my manual Jabsco for an electric Johnson Pumps AquaT in my 270FV. So much easier and more room since I tucked it in tighter.

just gotta full in the old holes
  • Options
    Very nice! I've often thought about turning mine a bit for more knee room. I am forever shy of electric flush however after an incident on a 4 day cruise. I'll spare all the details but it involved a hot morning, a hangover and being ankle deep. Granted, that was a wonky Jabsco electric conversion. I went back to a manual pump and it's been fine ever since.  Is the bowl/seat any larger than the original?
  • Options
    @04FV270riverrat , get some spectrum patch paste for the holes, it will look like original when done.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    I got the head motor back on after getting a new shaft seal. Had a slow drip created from new pump out that blew it. The Jabsco manual says it may need to be replaced every few years or so and first time since I’ve had this boat the last 7 years. However the apparent seal kit for that motor included an incorrect seal, frustrating but lucky I got one from a local mechanical supply company based on measurements.

Also installed new Shureflo dock water inlet/regulator. After numerous Jabsco units that just come apart from the poor pressed in fitting we’ll see if this lasts.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”