Options

What did you do to your boat today

Comments

• Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    I was hauled to the ramp and launched yesterday... was tied up to the bulkhead and opened the engine hatch and noticed water flowing heavily in from the(SouthBay strainer) seacock. Even when it was closed there was a good flow of water coming in. Had to haul-a$$ across the bay toy marina just to get pulled out again to have the valve changed. Parts had to be ordered so she’s still on blocks at the marina. Not the launch day that I was going for... ugh. 
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    Lucky you got the boat out and no damage ,it a easy repair and will be back in next week ,I’m looking to launch tomorrow 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @diggin2day1 have never heard of a valve leaking like that, more leaking around it when the seal goes bad?
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭
    javhav said:
    @TonyG13 looks sweet what did you use to fill it in and are you going to feather sand the edges and polish  
    Bought a 2oz. jar of Spectrum Color Patch Paste (~$30) to match the year/color of our 310 EC - https://spectrumcolor-com.3dcartstores.com/RINKER-NAVYSAPHIRE-BLUE-13-15_p_657.html - and I must say it was spot on. They also do custom color matching if the boat is faded, etc., but the minimum purchase is a gallon which runs north of $300.

I do plan to feather and polish soon...
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Today - “moved in”. Took a bunch of stuff down, made up berths and fueled up ready to head to home port tomorrow. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    Stripped Poli-Glow from the upper part of the boat (white), re-applied, put a couple of coats on the black, bottom painted the port side, put in STBD drive.....enough for today!!!
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    How, and why do you have to stop it off?
  • Options
    rasbury said:
    How, and why do you have to stop it off?
    Because initially I did not do a good job of getting the oxidation and black streaks out. The Poli-Glow just sealed it in and I couldn't stand looking at it. I used Poli-Strip. To my knowledge, its the only stuff that takes it off.

Pretty much done with the outside.....few more things left inside, I splash on the 31st so I've got a bit of time.

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always reminds me of  an orca whale from that direction. Looks great DanD2
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Replaced failing aft bilge pump and the air conditioning pump
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    cristykcristyk Member Posts: 29
    Today I changed out my stairs and the lights in my 2002 270 fv. I love how they turned out and the sink cover is lovely. Thank you to Rinker Custom Stairs.  So very nice.  (Sorry I do not know your handle on here. We ordered through FB)
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    That's Mr @diggin2day1 or Keith, great work, I have a set of steps of his too.

Yesterday was our trip to home port that went well. So what did we do on the boat - ENJOY!

Now we're home and closer I can start doing those little things here and there we all futz around with :)

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 879 ✭✭✭
    Got up to the boat for 2 days in a row.  Sanded and primed bad spots on outdrives, successfully replaced all the anodes (1st experience doing that), touched up bottom paint, and the big one, buffed and waxed the black fiberglass.  

For the fiberglass, I used a compound called "Totally Buff" on a Makita rotary with wool pad.  Took 2 and sometimes 3 tries to get it acceptable.  Then planned to do same area with 3M Finesse-It II.  Applied that in one spot with soft wool pad.  After 1 pass, it made it cloudier than the "Totally Buff".  So skipped the 3M and finished with Colllinite paste wax.

Neck and shoulders took a beating but she sure looks nice for now.

Paul   

• Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 949 ✭✭✭
    My boat is all ready to go for Memorial Day weekend, but due to all the flooding, all the boat ramps are closed. It’ll be at least a month before anything is open and that’s if it stops raining now. It’s supposed to rain for 3 days next week. 
  • Options
    W ell it finally stopped raining here finally put my boat in today 
  • Options
    Finally got her in the water....
  • Options
    Wow cool drone video ,looks like a nice place to boat 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Put my brothers 1990 maxim in the Hudson River yesterday it’s his first season moving up from a 19 foot bow rider 
  • Options
    Cool drone- how do you drive and fly? Lol...nice Maxim..
  • Options
    @DanD2, Terrific video.  I too fly my drone off the boat sometimes, (see sample video below), but have never had the nerve to use "follow me".  I'm guessing you had at least 2 people onboard, one piloting the boat, the other the drone.  I know the drones typically have very wide angle lenses.  For the close up shots, someone must have been dropping the elevation of the drone to get that close.  About how high off the water was it for them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z4-hUbM3mE&t=1s

Paul
  • Options
    04FV270riverrat04FV270riverrat Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭
    new cap, rotor, plugs and wires. Didn’t feel like it was revving fast enough when I took off. Hopefully this was the cause.

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna help I bet. Rotor and cap both show some wear.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    04FV270riverrat04FV270riverrat Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭
    Willhound said:
    Gonna help I bet. Rotor and cap both show some wear.
    The cap has the SAE marine sticker in the back, but those don’t look brass to me
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went catching some small fluke 4 keepers good time though
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Yeah, I use the follow me mode
  • Options
    Spyderweb said:
    @DanD2, Terrific video.  I too fly my drone off the boat sometimes, (see sample video below), but have never had the nerve to use "follow me".  I'm guessing you had at least 2 people onboard, one piloting the boat, the other the drone.  I know the drones typically have very wide angle lenses.  For the close up shots, someone must have been dropping the elevation of the drone to get that close.  About how high off the water was it for them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z4-hUbM3mE&t=1s

Paul
    I was all by myself. Can't remember what the elevation was but it was pretty low, that's why every once in a while when I turn it comes close as It has a hard time keeping everything in the middle.
  • Options
    Wow, pilot boat and drone by yourself at the same time, while on plane.  You're braver than me.  Nice job!
  • Options
    I have another video.....its really off topic so I'll post in another thread.

• Options
    I installed my new brake master cylinder and bled the brakes. Cooking hot here in FL, feels like triple digits....will be home early to tomorrow and will test the trailer and maybe a quick boat ride....
  • Options
    cmelt2003cmelt2003 Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    shawnmjr said:
    So today I cleaned my vinyl today and what I thought was clean wasn’t once I used a new to me product. Now I may get some mixed opinions on what I used, but I did some research and watched several videos of it before I tried it. What I used was Meguiars degreaser and diluted it 5:1 and a scrub brush. Just simply spray, scrub with brush for a couple seconds, and wipe. You will be amazed with the results, well at least I was. I then put a vinyl protector on it and done. I have never found a product that really worked until this. I will probably only use once a year because I don’t know how harsh it really is on the vinyl. If it shaves a couple years off the life of the vinyl I am good with it if it means a lot less work and always looking new. There is a photo attached of a small sample spot I did before I finished it. Just so everyone knows I am not exaggerating how easy this was and figured I would share for anyone else that may want to save some time so they have more time to drink beer. 
    Any links to the videos you watched?