Virus

Comments

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unbelievable, pics' of the city. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ras I hear your frustration but there is no financially sane way to prepare for such an event although, sadly, I fear conditions in China and other areas having extreme poverty combined with jammed living conditions will generate more such events.
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    CDC is now saying vitamin D helps ......That means sunshine .....no  better place for that than on a Rinker 
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ontario has just announced that a list of "non-essential" business closures is coming out tomorrow. It's interesting in that I received an e-mail from my employer asking if I plan on coming back after my travel isolation next week, or if I wanted them to terminate me and issue my layoff so I could collect unemployment. I told them that although I have reservations my plan was to return. I have 9 days to think about whether or not that was the right decision. The list tomorrow may decide for me, although I work in building material supply and from the Pennsylvania list that was posted a few days back they were allowed to remain open, although all construction was stopped. Doesn't mean Ontario is going to follow that example of course. I guess we'll see tomorrow morning.
    I have a feeling that Marina's will be on the no-go list though....
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    I think if the marina does mechanical repairs they can operate ...but thats just what I've been told by our marina 
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭
    Thought i would share this site. https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/4fdc0d03d3a34aa485de1fb0d2650ee0 . It is from a company that builds mapping software ( my industry) this tells the story of where and how this spread and keeps a very accurate count. One that continues to amaze me how every time i refresh the page it will jump by thousands.  There are a few good things that i have seen come out of this.

1) The world got reminded who is essential. i am fortunate to still have a job for now and still working even though i am not on the essential list.
    2) For once the environment is actually getting better.
    3) The world is paying attention to scientists and doctors every word and angry at politicians for ignoring them. 
    4) Families are being forced to be together. WE may just come out stronger because of it. 
    5) Everyone that was complaining about socialized medicine shut up as soon as the govt said they were going to pay for the testing.
    6) Gas prices are going down.
    7) Liquor stores are still open.

Lets keep this list going.  I need positive things to be in front of me.  The one thing i will tell you is that when this is all over the world will be different and we need different.  The one thing i can tell you is that the world is still going to need people that know how to do stuff.  That my friends is us.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    @Lake_Bum - LOL Trump 2020!!
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lake_Bum said:
    Just wait 6-8 weeks, and you will see all of their REAL hair colors hahahahahahaha. 

oh Lord, I need to find a hole to hide in ... haha.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark unless you are ditching the wife and kids better be a bigger hole with the 6 feet of separation required. As Ray would say......just sayin'
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    MarkB said:
    Lake_Bum said:
    Just wait 6-8 weeks, and you will see all of their REAL hair colors hahahahahahaha. 

oh Lord, I need to find a hole to hide in ... haha.
    Think that’s bad? Wait till the hairdressers are open again and it’s another 8 week wait for an appointment.

That's the bounce back industry - women will pay anything to get the hair done...invest in beauty products!

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    We keep our boat in an underground mine in the winter. Called today to schedule to pick it up Thursday evening. Normally they were open late Thursdays just for this. Well not surprisingly they have changed their procedures. They are no longer open at night or weekends and they are all booked for pick-ups until next Wednesday so I'll be there then. Have to take the morning off work but want to get it home so I can get started getting everything ready. Will be lots of buffing, fix my shower sump, replace my anchor line, and re-stock everything back in the boat. Still hoping to get it in the water mid-May as usual. We can easily go to our marina and take the boat out and never get within about 50' of anyone else.
  • Options
    Ontario released the "Essential Businesses" list overnight. The business I am in is on it, so after my mandatory isolation ends next week I will be returning to work. I have mixed feelings about that. Being older and more financially stable I could afford to take some time off, the employment insurance benefits would provide 55% of my income. But I also realize that most of the employees where I work are are living pay to pay and need the work and I am a supervisor there, so all I can do is take every precaution I can and hope for the best.
    Whereas some jurisdictions released a "yes/no" list, Ontario released an Essential list, if you're on it you can stay open, if not, presumably you close.
    It does not mention marina's specifically, but it did have these two sections that while I'm sure were meant more for commercial operations a marina could fit. Guess we'll have to see what the owner decides to do.

" 5.    Gas stations, diesel, propane and heating fuel providers including providers of motor vehicle, aircraft and water/marine craft fuels;

6.    Motor vehicle, auto-supply, auto and motor-vehicle-repair, including bicycle repair, aircraft repair, heavy equipment repair, watercraft/marine craft repairs, car and truck dealerships and related facilities;

So, more the supply side, not the recreation side, but I guess we'll see.

Oh, and of course, the vice side and related taxes must go on! So we can still get our booze and dope!
    4.    Beer, wine and liquor stores and alcohol producers, and stores that sell beer and wine through arrangements with authorized providers; cannabis stores and cannabis producers;

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have anything you want to do in the keys, get it done by Friday..

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man....this is going to be tuff on so many people...let's get it done and over with...
  • Options
    My Canadian buddy winters in South Padre Island, Texas. He decided to wait it out there instead of crossing 2000 miles of what if to get home. Besides, if you have to isolate it's much nicer there. He had to get a "Resident" paper to stay on the Island. They kicked everybody else off and closed the bridges. 
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    @Willhound , hope your friend has good medical coverage. Canadian insurers cancelled coverage on Sunday since it is now a "known event" We considered waiting it out but knew it would be better to be on home soil to see how this plays out. We had the same attitude about the weather being nicer than home , but so much was shutting down we heeded the PM's advice. If this drags out civil unrest becomes a factor, better to on home soil. Wish him well.
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    This is going to be tough on full-time cruisers ... Loopers and the rest.  Can't cruise without going to marinas now and then.  
  • Options
    @Willhound , hope your friend has good medical coverage. Canadian insurers cancelled coverage on Sunday 
    Talked to him about that. Says his insurer will cover. Could be because he didn't have to buy travel coverage. As a retired firefighter his benefits carried over including full health insurance of which travel is just a part.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well since you need to be rich to own a boat, that means no one on here will be getting a government check but me😁😁😁😁😁
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I own some of them high flutin yachts!
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Home on "shelter in place" orders following our cruise and trip to Florida.  Things got a little crazy while we were away.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well since you need to be rich to own a boat, that means no one on here will be getting a government check but me😁😁😁😁😁
    Mine has put me in the poor house, bring on that 1200 bucks!!
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    Mine has put me in the poor house, bring on that 1200 bucks!!
    You were warned
  • Options
    @J3ff is taking the ladies out in the keys every other day of the week,  i dont feel sorry for him at all😝
  • Options
  • Options
    I heard it via internet so it may not be true but i think marijuana dispensaries in California are on the essentials list.

Willy is going to have to write a new song if this is true.
  • Options
    GMSLITHO said:
    This is horrific but not as horrific as the dog meat markets. 
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I heard it via internet so it may not be true but i think marijuana dispensaries in California are on the essentials list.
    They are here in Illinois. They've categorized them as pharmacies.