Virus

Comments

• Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I am essential and now I get to go earn my paycheck tomorrow. This will be weird flying an empty airplane around just moving cargo.
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our largest local marina just put out a notice that they are shutting down for two weeks. Only security staff on site. No one else allowed.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our city Cape Coral, has decided to keep all the community boat ramps open. 
  • YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willhound said:
    Our largest local marina just put out a notice that they are shutting down for two weeks. Only security staff on site. No one else allowed.
    All the Maple Leaf marinas closed as well. I found it somewhat interesting (frustrating) since marine engine repair is an essential service as per Doug Ford. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My brothers girlfriend was hospitalize for the virus, put into ICU, stayed there 24 hours then they moved her to a regular room. As they just decided she did not have it. By her symptoms, because they do not have any test kits, a 547 bed hospital.
    Boat Name : 

• boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 797 ✭✭✭
    We just got our first 2 cases reported in my county today. Turns out one is a guy I have known for about 20 years and he bowls in my league. Our league has been suspended for 2 weeks so I haven't seen him for at least 2 weeks. Can't recall if I saw him there last time or not. But a guy on his team has an auto shop and I was there Saturday talking to that guy to get my wifes car inspected.

@Cableguy Greg I'm in Lawrence County (Ellwood City)
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orlando / orange orange on stay at home- one of the sister stores is in Orange county but auto dealership s have been deemed esential. So you can't leave your house but I can deliver a car to you...go figure. Liquor stores also- so if you get pulled over I guess you can tell the officer you can tell them your going to the liquor store or on your way to buy a car, your good! Why bother!
  • rkinrossrkinross Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    I just received a robo call from Pennsylvania State Parks Department of Natural Resources informing me that I can no longer dry dock my boat at Moraine State Park.  The lease I have is paid up till November 1 2020 but the park is on lock down until at least May1.  I really do not understand how this is protecting anyone since this facility is outside and all of the boats are at least six feet apart so social distancing would not be a problem.  Most of the time there is no one else at the facility.  In addition the entire lake is shut down (no boats allowed in the water).  I think this is just another example of the government over reacting to the current situation.  Next step Marshall Law?          
    In Indiana: a person who knowingly, intentionally, or recklessly violates a state of emergency order commits a class B misdemeanor,  you get a ticket.
    Boat Name : 

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ross - are they saying you can not dock all summer, or just not until May 1?
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I guess if you have boats there then they have to patrol it and possible deal with people trying to break into boats etc.....?

I work over in New Smyrna Beach, FL and they are closing all the boat ramps- there is an inlet with a popular sand bar and with everything else shut down, I think the crowds there have been getting out of control . Fishing has been awesome and unfortunate those guys are going to get shut down unless they have boats in a slip. The same county, is going to keep the fresh water county maintained ramps open on the St. Johns where I boat so for now, I'm good. there are not many areas on the St. Johns to congregate unless you count gators in your party!
  • 69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 948 ✭✭✭
    I got a letter from work that I’m supposed to carry with me, explaining that my job is essential, in case I get pulled over on the way to work. Lol. What a joke. 
  • Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    Ha I got that same letter for my work 😂
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    I just have to show my work ID if I get pulled over.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    edited March 2020
    boatman37 said:
    We keep our boat in an underground mine in the winter.
    @boatman37 I have used Wampum, Brady's Bend, and Toys for winter boat storage for years and like Toys the best because it seems less damp in the mine.  Toys also has a more relaxed process to schedule drop off and pick up.  They do not assign arrival times and you can call the same day to drop off and pick up.  This is very useful to schedule a time to drop off when it is not raining so that the boat is dry when placing it in the mine,  All three are close to the same price for 5 months of storage - about $150 for the season.  After that the go to pro rated month to month rates. 
    @Liberty44140   For right now it is closed till May 1.  Here is the e-mail send right after the robo call :

Dear Valued Customer,You are receiving this email because you currently have a reservation at a Pennsylvania state park marina slip/boat rack/shoreline mooring spot during the month of April. Pennsylvania State Parks Facilities will be closed until April 30th, 2020 to help slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus. As part of Pennsylvania’s COVID-19 mitigation efforts, all buildings and reservable facilities at the parks, including marina slips, mooring spots, boat storage, boat racks, campgrounds, cabins, park offices, and restrooms, will be closed. All events and public educational programs will be canceled. We are holding your spot at the park for when we reopen our facilities. At this time, we are asking you not to place your boat in the water, on the shore, or on a rack.
  • skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Chicago just shut down all parks, paths and the entire lake front.  People can't follow rules so now must be treated like children.  CPD enforcing.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
    Hmmmm....worked on some projects around the house today and practicing social distancing by sitting in my open garage door having a beer. I look up and there's 4 huge Turkey vultures (buzzards) circling around. Do they know something I don't? 🤤
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've still been going to work! People aren't taking this serious in the keys at all!  :'(
    Seems 10 year's ago we hardly saw a buzzards, now you see them every day. got the old emergency genny out today fired up, two pulls, let it run and put a load on it. It's a small one, 10 hp brigs (noisy) peak power 8250. But it run's  my gas furnace two fridge's one freezer. all light we need. and one burner on the stove. It will not run the 4 ton AC. Tryed it last year, as a test, It cried and quit. spring storms are around the corner. 
    Boat Name : 

Survival food Nova Scotia style. Five 1.25 pound lobsters $35 , case of beer $25. Day 6 of quarantine. 
    Shame on you guys!!!
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    So i see in Canada they have plenty of that sex in a canoe beer
  • halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    @PickleRick. had to look that one up....never heard that one before...good one!
  • halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

@Handymans342. Note the case of 12 beer cost almost the same as the lobster!

Just heard on news that U.S. has surpassed 82,000 confirmed cases. More than China or Italy. Think about that compared to population. I'm not a religious person but I pray for you my friends.
    Willhound said:
    Just heard on news that U.S. has surpassed 82,000 confirmed cases. More than China or Italy. Think about that compared to population. I'm not a religious person but I pray for you my friends.
    Well you better dust off your bible and read Psalms 91
    looks like it Will, just checked my log. At 6:30 this am we had 65,000 6:30 pm we have 81,836. Not what any wants to brag about. Story's are coming out how horrifying it is to have it.
    Boat Name : 

We are having more positives because we are having heaps more tests!