Options

Virus

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TonyG13 said:
    Dr. Fauci has served under six presidents starting with Ronald Reagan.

Four of the six Presidents Fauci has worked for were/are Republicans.  He worked on the AIDS epidemic, the West Nile virus, the anthrax scare, SARS, and the swine flu pandemic.

Five presidents took his advice and things got better. One hasn't, and it ain't getting better. I guess I'm loco for listening to science.

Just pointing out - he is far from political.
    And the good Doc has no cures for anything he worked on. 
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it's been an interesting weekend. Although our planned getaway changed we decided it would be best for me to self isolate on the boat while waiting for test results. I'm in an end slip off by myself and didn't use the marina facilities. Our daughter lives with us and works in a long term care home so has to be very careful. I haven't left the marina in case I was infected. Figured if I was contagious and got into trouble I didn't want to have to call for help. Learned that you can live by yourself for 4 days on a 270. With not going anywhere I've done plenty of cleaning. The head never looked so good. Beer consumption was up a bit though.
    Must have been the fish tacos after all....
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear!   
  • Options
    You were such a worry wart. Living in fear is not good
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not living in fear. Doing what i thought was responsible. A number of the symptoms I had are possible indicators of Covid. With our daughter living with us and working in an old age home I won't take that chance of passing it on if I did have it. With my work environment it's a real possibility. As it is she gets tested every two weeks as a condition of employment. . I wasn't worried for me. I got to spend 4 days on the boat with nobody bothering me and a full beer cooler. 
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willhound said:
    Not living in fear. Doing what i thought was responsible. 
    Wish more would see it this way. And glad you could get a quick result! 
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    good to hear you didn’t get the wuhan!
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    @Willhound - you were actually thinking of others before yourself.  Your a good person.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Willhound Glad your not sick, the biggest indicate is how much beer you consumed. You would not be poping those tops if you were sick. 4 days on the boat! what a holiday!

the second leg of our trip, (Flight) returning home was a long day but uneventful. I have no fear of travel now. There only 44 on the return flight home. Of 156 seats. Everyone everywhere had on  mask, there were people in airports and airplane continuing to clean, and taking necessary precautions.  All people of all walks of like, respected others in keeping distance. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    4 days on the boat solo sounds like a dream come true. I might go for a COVID test. I’m feeling off. 

3 days to get results is BS. I would have expected faster results up where you are @Willhound. My son got his results in 36 hours (Toronto).  
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    In early April, the "oh mighty one" Dr Fauci released a video statement, that masks in fact do NOT work, and are almost completely ineffective.   So if you swear by his words, ask yourself this:   What changed? The science, or the narrative?   I'm going with option #2
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
  • Options
    Not only that, but now he wants us wearing goggle? Where does it end?  0 cases of COVID-19 before we return to “normal?” What number are we looking for to stop this?
  • Options
    I think return to normal was when it dropped below a certain % positive.
  • Options
    The science for sure changed.  We are learning new things about covid-19.  If we understood it we wouldn't have a pandemic.  But keep believing the conspiracies.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Pretty tough to call the words that came directly from Fauci himself "Conspiracy".  
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    A video / interview from 4+ months ago during a time when not much was understood of the virus...yeah let's keeping relying on that.  I guess doctor's are not allowed to learn and change their opinions as data comes in.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    we are just very fortunate that a select few hold no matter of ... except for comments on a boat forum and of that select few have comments on almost every post. and relate freely how knowledgeable they are
    be scared of storms...be scared about loosing your job..be scared about being a little man.
    all lives matter
    dont be stupid
    wear a mask
    social distances
    pray that none of you or your family gets it
    and when its all over bloat about how wise you were and how stupid us common folk are
  • Options
    Apparently, we are very fortunate there are plenty of high and mighty "mask shamers" that like to impose their 2 cents on the rest of Americans who choose not to be fooled by the disgusting narrative.  You do you.   
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    doubt the worst thing you have ever read.
    my apologies if you think i am talking about mask shame.
    all i really want is people to use common sense for each other and their families 
    if you can promise me this will be over after the election = then i will ride the storm or the make believe = but if you cant = please use common sense = whether it be a mask or social distance or washing your hands or
    i dont want it to be a concern come next election
    i dont want to be sorry about someone not practicing safe covid and die from their lack of concern.
    i do this because i care for my self my family the people i come in contact with
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank GOD we are winning the war against the government by not wearing masks!

I mean who has time for really important stuff, like Wall Street, Insurance and the Banks colluding to make themselves rich, while bankrupting the Nation ... and our public education system going down  the tubes (high school) or becoming too expensive to go to (Universities) ...

Let's focus on masks ... yes, that is what we'll all be remember by.  I resisted wearing a mask, my great grand kids will remember me for the hero I am. 

LOL.  

For those that didn't get my sarcasm ... pick something that's actually important to protest about!  You think you are losing your rights by having to wear a 1/64" thick piece of cloth over your nose and mouth???? Come on ... give it up ...

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    edited August 2020
    yup, can agree with that as far as in public inside... 
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    @MarkB I think you are missing the point. Mask is only a small matter. I personally think it's crap but that's only my opinion. The bigger issue is everything that is shutdown. Millions of people out of work and millions of businesses lost. Look at Rinker. Yes the Government is out of control.  They are making the cure worse than the cause IMO. People should do what they feel is right to protect themselves or dont go...... just say'n 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    raybo3 said:
    @MarkB I think you are missing the point. Mask is only a small matter. I personally think it's crap but that's only my opinion. The bigger issue is everything that is shutdown. Millions of people out of work and millions of businesses lost. Look at Rinker. Yes the Government is out of control.  They are making the cure worse than the cause IMO. People should do what they feel is right to protect themselves or dont go...... just say'n 

High 5!

Once this passes can we keep the 1 fathom of social distance from strangers?   I do like that part.
  • Options
    raybo3 said:
    Raybo ... then I say, wear the friggin mask, and stop wasting time on that, and go fight for jobs ... way more important.

People using resistance to wear masks as a symbolic gesture ... who gives a crap, all the big boys are laughing at that resistance ... it's like parents watching two year olds in a sand box screaming at each other ... the parents are laughing, thinking it's cute ... they'll probably take some photos and post them on facebook ... and that's all. Achieves ZERO, other than a bit of entertainment that will very soon be forgotten.

Go fight for jobs, and businesses ... these arguments about wearing masks is so stupid, it's mind boggling ... the government would LOVE for you to just keep focusing on masks all day long, instead of on the bigger issues. Talk about being manipulated!

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    raybo3 said:

High 5!

Once this passes can we keep the 1 fathom of social distance from strangers?   I do like that part.

Focus on the mask resistance ... you are doing EXACTLY what the government wants you to do ... give you something mundane to focus your attention on, and not something that actually matters ... looks like the government and media won! Open your eyes man! Unless you are doing anything that will save business, save jobs, save the education system ... than it is just a distraction.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    MarkB said:
    raybo3 said:

High 5!

Focus on the mask resistance ... you are doing EXACTLY what the government wants you to do ... give you something mundane to focus your attention on, and not something that actually matters ... looks like the government and media won! Open your eyes man! Unless you are doing anything that will save business, save jobs, save the education system ... than it is just a distraction.
    What is Trudeau doing about anything up there?
  • Options
    MarkB said:
    raybo3 said:

High 5!

What is Trudeau doing about anything up there?
    He's a goof ... don't use him as a standard ... it's like trying to make someone look good by comparing to a mindless squirrel. 

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    edited August 2020
    MarkB said:

I mean who has time for really important stuff, like Wall Street, Insurance and the Banks colluding to make themselves rich, while bankrupting the Nation ... and our public education system going down  the tubes (high school) or becoming too expensive to go to (Universities) ...

Let's focus on masks ... yes, that is what we'll all be remember by.  I resisted wearing a mask, my great grand kids will remember me for the hero I am. 

LOL.  

For those that didn't get my sarcasm ... pick something that's actually important to protest about!  You think you are losing your rights by having to wear a 1/64" thick piece of cloth over your nose and mouth???? Come on ... give it up ...
    I wear my mask anywhere it’s required, just because I’m a law abdiding person and understand that private businesses have the right to require it for you to enter. I will continue to contribute to the illusion of safety, just to make people feel better and maybe they’ll get out and travel again. 
  • Options
    MarkB said:

LOL.  

I wear my mask anywhere it’s required, just because I’m a law abdiding person and understand that private businesses have the right to require it for you to enter. I will continue to contribute to the illusion of safety, just to make people feel better and maybe they’ll get out and travel again. 
    Now here's a smart reply. Yes, it is all an illusion. We freak out about COVID, and think a mask sorts it all out ... but then we eat meat full of growth hormones and antibiotics that are giving half the nation fatty liver disease ... we are an awkward species.

But your point being, wear the piece of cloth on your face, and let's get the economy going again ... so be it!

"Boat + Water = Fun"