Options

What did you do to your boat today

JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
So I thought it'd be cool to maybe have one topic with just smaller stuff we all do on a daily basis. I do alot of smaller projects that I don't feel deserve it's own topic, but a quick comment would be cool. Even if you just washed it, show it off! 

Try to attach the pics, so as the topic grows there's not a bunch of missing pics. 

So today I finally waterproofed my cockpit cover. I like the Starbrite with PTEF and I have learned that a spray bottle sucks outside. I had just bought a gallon battery powered insecticide, so I used the nozzle from that. It took it from a PITA to a real quick and easy job. I also used a soft bristle brush right after spraying it on to make sure coverage was even.

2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3

Comments

• Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    @joestang..Well....let's see...I took her out ... ran upto about 4k for awhile. ... floated...wife made breakfast burritos. .. took a swim...played fetch with my pooch. ... sit n @ da dock having a afternoon sweet tea ... thinking bout a nap
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Spent the day at work wishing I was at the boat.  :'(  BUT...tomorrow and Tuesday and Thursday thru to next Sunday I'll be on her. Only project planned is to tidy up the clutter in the cabin. :p
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,547 mod
    Replaced the shower sump pump.  Secondary project - cleaned this morning's shower water out of the forward bilge.  

A cheap day for me - only $75.  
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worked all day, whats in the garage?
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Took every snap post off and rebedded them will sealant...not one had any.  Scrubbed swim platform.

Sat back and watch the circus of people trying to dock and leave in 40 mph winds.  Quite a show.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    nick92675nick92675 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Ditto on the docking carnival @skennelly Added USB charger to helm.  Was planning on installing new vhf w dsc, but the hole is too wide for the new radio.  Any ideas on where to get/make an adapter plate? New radio is black.
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @nick92675 , the adaptor on your old radio won't fit the new one??
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    DazeOffDazeOff Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
    Today was a triple. Switch covers, steps and the bonus sink insert. Thanks again to @diggin2day1 for the great work on the steps and sink insert.

• Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
    Washed the boat, and loaded it for a 5 day trip. Might end up as a 4 day trip though, winds are predicted to be 45 mph tomorrow, I think I'll wait it out til Monday if the report doesn't improve  B) 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    aero3113 said:
    @nick92675 , the adaptor on your old radio won't fit the new one??
    Nope, they shifted the dimensions- new one (standard horizon gx1700) is skinnier and taller so there'd be dead space on both sides and I'd have to cut top & bottom to fit. 
  • Options
    Maybe you can find a piece of starboard and Fab something from it?
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Yeah, after some searching I found that as an option - and found http://www.boatoutfitters.com/cut-to-size-black-king-starboard - as well as a few other places that'll do custom work.  I'm gonna send some emails and if it's not that much more, might just have someone else do it - I'd like to keep the nice rounded corners that are in there now and I don't have a fancy routing table.
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I changed out my marine radio I made a trim ring out of starboard, turned out fine..
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brought my boat home today to start the bellows replacement...yuk
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Clean.....lol

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raybo3 said:
    Clean.....lol

Did the same thing yesterday,for about 3 hours! Then took her out with my cousin threw the hook out and smoked some cigars!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    This weekend was our Potomac River festival with fantastic weather and fireworks at night. Took a dive on Saturday and cleaned barnacles off the outdrive as they are bad this year.  Gave her a bath today and cleaned out th anchor box which seems to be clogged now.  That got added to the list for next weekend.   

Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    gackgack Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Replaced my rode and chain which was giving me problems with full chain.  Much better!  Then took a cruise out.  relaxed and  spent time contemplating best place to mount Clarion wireless remote. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wired up some new Blue LEDS while I  was down at the beach
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    wm61356wm61356 Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭

First I washed the boat at the dock from top to bottom. Then headed over to the Island Grill for some lunch. After returning to my marina, I went for a ride in the Dingy (went past your dock Joe, but you were out) and then relaxed on board the Rinker while consuming a few Boat Pops. All in all it was a fantastic boating weekend on Lake St. Clair.

• Options
    Great job guys, love seeing everyone using their boats this weekend!

WM yeah we spent the day at Little Moot with a bunch of other boats & friends. Feel free to swing by my boat anytime to wash it and stock the cooler! LOL
  • Options
    randy56 said:
    Worked all day, whats in the garage?
    03 Cobra with a decent amount of stuff done. Just your typical 725hp grocery getter.  :p

• Options
    Wish I could get to the grocery store that fast!!
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya, just as I expected, picking up grocery's and fast, maybe a big ti$ blond, 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    shawnmjr said:
    The only groceries your fitting in that trunk is a case of beer but that's all you need right? @JoeStang
    I've actually also fit water & chips on the way to the marina, believer it or not. But yeah, usually just drinks LOL
    randy56 said:
    Ya, just as I expected, picking up grocery's and fast, maybe a big ti$ blond, 

I dont discriminate. Brunette's are welcome as well. :D
  • Options
    skennelly said:
    Took every snap post off and rebedded them will sealant...not one had any.  Scrubbed swim platform.

Sat back and watch the circus of people trying to dock and leave in 40 mph winds.  Quite a show.
    Ugh, the thought of rebedding every snap makes me cringe, as does docking in 40mph... :s
  • Options
    DazeOff said:
    Today was a triple. Switch covers, steps and the bonus sink insert. Thanks again to @diggin2day1 for the great work on the steps and sink insert.

That looks great!

• Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    i had larry,moe & curly yesterday..............what a great day